List of characters with name changes
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
This article covers characters who have either been replaced by entirely new characters, or merely renamed, due to legal or creative reasons.
The Original Series
- In the original treatments for "Saga of a Star World" and earlier scripts, including "The Beta Pirates", Apollo is originally named Skyler. Presumably, this change was a result of discussions between George Lucas and Glen Larson, as the hero in Lucas's Star Wars is named "Luke Skywalker".
- In the original treatment for "Saga of a Star World", Serina is named Lyra. Presumably this was changed since Star Wars had a female primary character named Princess Leia.
- In an early spec script written by Glen Larson, "Galactica Discovers Earth" is a one-hour episode, with Apollo, Starbuck, and Baltar. These characters later became the basis for Troy, Dillon and Xaviar respectively.
- In a later script for "Galactica Discovers Earth", the lines spoken by Colonel Boomer are spoken by a man named Colonel Benz.
- While not truly a "name change", "Galactica Discovers Earth" reveals that Boxey was the nickname of a man named Troy.
The Re-imagined Series
- The character of Saul Tigh was originally named Paul Tigh, but the name had to be changed for legal reasons, presumably.