- For the Re-imagined Series counterpart to Zac, see Zak Adama.
- For the character in Sagittarius Is Bleeding, see: Zac.
|Introduced||Saga of a Star World|
|Death||killed on patrol (Saga of a Star World)|
|Parents||Adama, commander of Battlestar Galactica, and Ila|
|Siblings||Athena and Apollo|
|Role||Viper pilot, battlestar Galactica|
|Rank||Lieutenant (source: Ending credits)|
|Portrayed by||Rick Springfield|
|Zac is a Cylon|
|Zac is a Final Five Cylon|
|Zac is a Human/Cylon Hybrid|
|Zac is an Original Series Cylon|
|Zac in the separate continuity|
|Zac in the primary continuity|
Lieutenant Zac is an inexperienced Colonial Warrior and Viper pilot assigned to Galactica, which is commanded by his father, Commander Adama. He is the youngest of Adama's and Ila's children; his older siblings, Apollo and Athena, are also assigned to Galactica.
Zac works with Starbuck to convince his brother, Apollo, that Starbuck was too ill to go on patrol, suggesting that Zac take patrol instead. Apollo sees through the ruse and allows Zac to come anyway.
Zac's Viper is damaged and unable to keep up with his brother. Zac encourages Apollo to go ahead to warn the battlestar fleet of the massive Cylon fighter squadron.
Zac's fighter falls behind as he is chased by the Cylons. While in sight of the battlestar fleet but with no Vipers scrambled to assist, despite Commander Adama's pleas for fleet defensive measures to President Adar, Zac's Viper is destroyed. This makes him the first known casualty of the decisive, genocidal attack on the Twelve Colonies (TOS: "Saga of a Star World").
- Adar: (noting the bright explosion of Zac's fighter) What was that?
- Adama: That was my son, Mr. President.
- Zac's rank of lieutenant, despite a lack of any real flight experience, may be explained by his high marks at the academy, which are revealed in a deleted scene.
- After his brief appearance in the Battlestar Galactica pilot, actor Rick Springfield enjoyed stardom in the 1980s in the soap opera General Hospital as well as a recording career. His most popular songs are "Jessie's Girl" and "Don't Talk to Strangers."