|Role||Core Command Operative, Battlestar Galactica|
|Portrayed by||Sarah Rush|
|Rigel is a Cylon|
|Rigel is a Final Five Cylon|
|Rigel is a Human/Cylon Hybrid|
|Rigel is an Original Series Cylon|
|Rigel in the separate continuity|
|Rigel in the primary continuity|
Among her duties in Core Command, Rigel's primary responsibility is in the coordination of Viper defense and launch approval procedures (similar to a landing signal officer). She is also responsible for processing data Galactica receives from Vipers out on patrol. In one instance, she supplies information to Adama and Tigh concerning the Ravashol pulsar on Arcta (TOS: "Gun on Ice Planet Zero")
- Rigel was credited only as "Woman on Duty" for "Saga of a Star World". This was changed in her subsequent appearances.
- In "The Long Patrol", a computer readout lists Rigel as a sergeant and is thus inaccurate, as end credits for episodes list her as "Flight Coporal".
- In the Re-imagined Series, Rigel's contemporary is Petty Officer Anastasia Dualla, but shares tactical data to command staff in a way similar to Lieutenant Felix Gaeta.
- The name "Rigel" is taken from Beta Orionis, in the constellation Orion. It is a B8 Supergiant star, some 400 times brighter than the Earth's sun. It is believed to be a triple star system, but it is unlikely any of the stars within the system support life-bearing planets.
- The name is a contraction of the Arabic "Rijl Jauza al-Yusra", meaning "left foot of the Central One", indicative of Rigel's position in the "left foot" of Orion.