Ancient Kobolian: Galleon
List of battlestars (TRS)
This is a listing of battlestars in the Re-imagined Series continuity.
Athena is in service during the Cylon War.
Saul Tigh was recorded as having served admirably aboard this ship as a Viper pilot, earning a number of medals.  However, given that Saul Tigh was not a member of the Colonial Fleet until after the Armistice, this is false (TRS: "No Exit").
- Given her participation in the Cylon War, Athena is almost certain to be one of the twelve original battlestars like her sister, Galactica. However, there is not 100% proof that Athena's actual class is the same as Galactica. It can not be confirmed with this little information.
- The series bible implies that the Athena was one of only three ships of Galactica's class to survive the war. As such it is likely that the Athena was one of the battlestars involved in "Operation Raptor Talon".
- For the Original Series battlestar, see: Atlantia (TOS).
Atlantia is selected by Admiral Nagala as his flagship during the Fall of the Twelve Colonies following the destruction of Picon Fleet Headquarters.
Atlantia is soon reported destroyed over Virgon, a victim of the backdoors created by the Cylons using the compromised Command Navigation Program. As a result of her destruction, Commander William Adama assumes command of the Colonial Fleet and proceeds to Ragnar Anchorage (TRS: "Miniseries").
It was on Atlantia that William Adama made his 1,000th Viper landing (TRS: "Act of Contrition") and received the promotion to Major (TRS: "Hero"). At one point in his career, Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol served aboard Atlantia before being assigned to Galactica (TRS: "Resistance", "Resistance").
- Main article: Columbia (RDM)
There have been at least two battlestars to bear the name Columbia in the Colonial Fleet. One is destroyed during Operation Raptor Talon, and the second is destroyed during the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.
Erasmus is noted in the personnel record of crewmember Mueller, who served on it and one other battlestar prior to his service on Galactica (TRS: "Home, Part I").
- The battlestar's name, specifically the first 3 letters, are covered by a walnut shell. Contributors used reversed-color images to discern the last four letters, "smus", for which there is only one word in American English dictionaries that match. The first letter is partially visible and is a straight-backed letter.
- The second battlestar name on the document, Night Flight, is less obscured.
Night Flight is noted in the personnel record of crewmember Mueller, who served on it and one other battlestar prior to his service on Galactica (TRS: "Home, Part I").
- The second battlestar name on the document, after image and etymological analysis, is discovered to be Erasmus.
- Main article: Pegasus (RDM)
Pegasus is a Mercury class battlestar under the command of Rear Admiral Helena Cain at the time of the Second Cylon assault. Pegasus is undergoing scheduled maintenance, and escapes destruction due to her networks being offline (TRS: "Razor").
Peagsus discovers Galactica a few months after the attacks (TRS: "Pegasus").
Solaria, featuring integrated command and control systems and featuring Dr. Gaius Baltar's Command Navigation Program (CNP) is reported as lost, along with the Columbia and Triton.
Commander William Adama mentions the destruction of this battlestar in an update to his crew on the Cylon attack on the Colonies (TRS: "Miniseries").
- Main article: Triton (RDM)
Triton, belonging to Battlestar Group 39, and featuring integrated command and control systems, and Dr. Gaius Baltar's Command Navigation Program (CNP) is reported as lost with many other battlestars of the Colonial Fleet during the initial Cylon Attack, along with Columbia and Solaria (TRS: "Miniseries"). Kara "Starbuck" Thrace and Alex "Crashdown" Quartararo formerly served on this battlestar.
Uned is destroyed in the first waves of Cylon attacks during the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.
Anastasia Dualla receives a report of Uned's power outage (a result of the Cylon use of exploits in the Command Navigation Program), and states to Felix Gaeta that "One report said an entire battlestar lost power just before it came in contact with the enemy. They said it was like someone just turned off a switch." (TRS: "Miniseries")
- There is no mythological origin for "Uned." Uned is Welsh for Unit.
Universal is a battlestar that was commanded by Commander Yulee Milner at some point prior to the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.
When then-captain William Adama returns to service for the first time since end of the Cylon War, his first assignment is aboard the Universal based out of Base 12 over Aerilon. Universal’s deck chief was an officer named Teir (TRS: "Scattered").
- Adama's assignment aboard the Universal is not mentioned in his service dossier.
- The Universal’s name likely comes from Universal Studios, later NBC Universal, the parent company of the Sci Fi Channel, which produces Battlestar Galatica.
- Main article: Valkyrie
First Cylon War
Approximately 10 years into the first Cylon War, the Valkyrie was involved in a battle with the Cylons near Canceron Prime, in which she went missing, and was presumed destroyed. She was later found intact, along with a Colonial "ghost fleet" consisting of at least four ships of the class her descendant would belong to and various support ships, hiding out in Cylon held space by William Adama, Coker Fasjovik, and Beka Kelly ("Blood and Chrome").
Valkyrie belongs to Battlestar Group 41 and was under the command of William Adama before the Fall of the Twelve Colonies. Approximately one year before the Fall of the Colonies, she is tasked with an undercover mission to the edge of Cylon controlled space, where her activities are detected by unknown contacts. (TRS: "Hero").
Yashuman and at least three other battlestars of the same type—including Valkyrie—are seen orbiting Caprica during the Fall of the Twelve Colonies. Yashuman initially detects the Cylon assault force on DRADIS during the engagement, but after being scanned by Cylon raiders, CNP backdoors are activated and its systems are shut down (TRS: "The Plan"), leading to its destruction.
- ↑ "Cylon Intelligence Report: Personnel File: Saul Tigh." Battlestar Galactica: The Official Magazine. Feb./Mar. 2006: 62.
- "Tigh joined the Colonial Officer Candidate School and was reassigned as a Viper pilot, something he excelled in, earning a string of medals in his post aboard the battlestar Athena."
- ↑ This information comes from a prop used in the episode "Scattered".