From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
- For articles relating to Galactica in the Re-imagined Series, see: Galactica (RDM)
Project Jupiter (also known as The Jupiter Project) formally establishes the construction of twelve Jupiter-class battlestars, as incentive for the Twelve Colonies of Kobol to unify under the Articles of Colonization during the First Cylon War.
Developed by Sinon Quade and overseen by Lucinda Cain of the newly established Colonial Fleet, Project Jupiter is established aboard Daidalos, a mobile shipyard in orbit around Scorpia as part of the Scorpion Fleet Shipyards. It is there that the largest battlestars to date are built (Battlestar Galactica Deadlock).
Ships of Project Jupiter
- Galactica, the first of the Jupiters assigned to Caprica.
- Athena, the fifth assigned to Picon.
- Demeter, the eighth assigned to Aerilon
- Archeron, assigned to Scorpia.