From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
The Viper is the Colonial space fighter used throughout the Battlestar Galactica sagas:
- For the fighter in the Original Series, see: Viper (TOS).
- A demilitarized variant issued to Starbuck in the Original Series' "The Long Patrol" is called Starchaser.
- A sixth-millennium starfighter in use by the Proteus enforcers bears a resemblance to a Viper.
- For the fighter in Galactica 1980, see: Viper (1980).
Re-imagined Series and Spin-Offs
- For a summary of the three Viper models seen in the Re-imagined Series, see: Viper (RDM).
- For the Viper seen in Caprica, see Viper (RDM).
- For the Cylon War-era Viper, see: Viper Mark II.
- For the late Cylon War-era Viper (Blood and Chrome) see: Viper Mark III
- For the newest Viper in use during the Fall of the Colonies, see: Viper Mark VII.
- A list of various Vipers and their pilots is compiled here: List of Vipers.
- For the various classes of the Viper fighter depicted in Richard Hatch's novels, see: Viper (RH).
- For the updated Viper design seen in Richard Hatch's Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming trailer, see: Scarlet Viper.
- For information on the mainstay Vipers depicted in comics and novels, see: Viper (TOS alternate).
- For information on the variant capable of traversing time in Classic Battlestar Galactica Vol. 2, see: Temporal Viper.
- For information on a fighter craft gunship variant from Battlestar Galactica: Ghosts, see: Viper Gunship.
- For information on the stealth craft seen in Battlestar Galactica: Origins 5, see: Stealth Viper.
- For information on the Viper used in the 2003 Battlestar Galactica Video Game, see: Viper (2003 Video Game).
- For the Vipers depicted in Steampunk Battlestar Galactica 1880, see: Viper (1880).