|Part of the series on|
Timelines of the Battlestar Galactica series
The timeline is given in yahrens, the Colonial term for "years." The date around which the timeline revolves is 7322, the only date given in the series, and one from the Colonial calendar. This was the yahren when the Cylons attacked Umbra on Caprica, as mentioned in "The Man with Nine Lives".
Considered ancient history, these events and their particular placement in the timeline remain unknown, for information is lost to only a few, including those who have accessed the Kobollian archives.
- Parnassus, the font of all humanity, is besieged by various conflicts. The Lords of the House of Kobol develops interstellar travel, encountering numerous cultures in their infancy, including the Cylon (RH: Armageddon).
- The House of Kobol and its servants leave Parnassus, after that homeworld is no longer able to support life (RH: Armageddon).
- This self-destructive cycle repeats, wherein the Lords of Kobol (having long ascended beyond the petty concerns of the human race) leave their subjects behind on a new planet, Kobol, including those of the House of Kobol. Kobol becomes uninhabitable and another exodus occurs, with the members of the pure Kobollian bloodline settling on Caprica, one of the Twelve Colonies of Man (RH: Armageddon).
History of the Colonial and Cylon Conflict (6342-7342)
- ~6342: The Cylons attack the Hasari, whose territory neighbors the Colonies. The Colonials intervene in the conflict between the Cylons and the Hasari, and the Thousand-Yahren War begins between the Colonies and the Cylon Empire (TOS: "Saga of a Star World").
- ~6842: Battlestar Galactica is launched. Back then, the celestial chambers on Galactica were used to confirm navigational headings (500 yahrens before "The Hand of God").
- Before 7242: Adama is born (TOS: "Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I").
- ~7309: Apollo is born on Caprica to Adama and Ila. Starbuck is born on Caprica, the son of Chameleon.
- 7322: The epoch of this timeline. After one of the first Cylon attacks on Caprica, the people of the farm village of Umbra are scattered. Chameleon is separated from Starbuck, who is later found alone at the edge of the Thorn forest and is presumed orphaned at 7 years (The Man with Nine Lives).
- 7336: Troy (a.k.a "Boxey") is born to Serina in the Colonies (RH: Armageddon).
- 7340: The Fifth Fleet engages the Cylons at the Battle of Molecay. Battlestar Pegasus is the only Colonial vessel to survive. Commander Cain, realizing there will be Cylons lying in wait along the entire route back to the Colonies, orders Pegasus out into deep space 2 yahrens before "The Living Legend, Part I".
- 7341: Troy's dad is killed by the Cylons (RH: Armageddon).
- ~7342: Pegasus remains in "deep space," eventually winding up in the Delphian Empire, which is in the process of falling to the Cylons (TOS: "The Living Legend, Part I").
The Seventh Millennium of Time (7342—60)
- 7342: Destruction of the Colonies, just before the 7th millennium of recorded time, and the end of the Thousand Yahren War (TOS: "Saga of a Star World").
- Saga of a Star World
- Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I
- Lost Planet of the Gods, Part II
- The Lost Warrior
- The Long Patrol
- The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part I
- The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part II
- The Magnificent Warriors
- The Young Lords
- The Living Legend, Part I
- The Living Legend, Part II
- Fire in Space
- War of the Gods, Part I
- War of the Gods, Part II
- The Man with Nine Lives
- Murder on the Rising Star
- Greetings From Earth
- Baltar's Escape
- Experiment in Terra
- Take the Celestra
- The Hand of God
- 7343: Dalton, daughter of Cassiopeia and Starbuck, is born (RH: Armageddon).
- The Fleet discovers a mineral-rich planet, allowing for the creation of the Azure-class Viper, in addition to retrofitting and repair of damaged ships (RH: Armageddon).
- Hephaestus retrofitted and re-christened from a "huge old, creaking freighter" (RH: Armageddon).
- A new Academy is formed to replenish depletions in the Warrior ranks. Paris drummed out of the Academy by Boomer (RH: Armageddon).
- 7354: Last known Cylon skirmish with the Fleet (RH: Armageddon).
- 7358: Personal laser pistols begin entering circulation, issued to Warriors of higher ranks, and capable of being used only by their owners (RH: Armageddon).
- Galactic Events
- Within the Fleet
- Ambassador Puck is killed by Count Iblis aboard Agro-3; Iblis assumes Puck's identity.
- Adama dies after a series of cardiac attacks, leaving a power vacuum regarding the command of the Fleet and Galactica itself.
- Dalton becomes the youngest to graduate from Warrior training at age 17.
- The first of the Scarlet-class Vipers is issued to Apollo, with at least four others being bulit on Hephaestus.
- Within the Cylon Empire
- This information is based on the ages of Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict at the time of filming, which was 33.
- Hatch, Richard; Christopher Golden (1997). Armageddon. Byron Preiss, p. 31.
- Hatch, Richard; Christopher Golden (1997). Armageddon. Byron Preiss, p. 81.
- Hatch, Richard; Christopher Golden (1997). Armageddon. Byron Preiss, p. 114.
- Hatch, Richard; Christopher Golden (1997). Armageddon. Byron Preiss, p. 7.
- Hatch, Richard; Christopher Golden (1997). Armaggedon. Byron Preiss, p. pg. 117.