|Battlestar Wiki Policy|
Article Standards & Conventions
|Sysop ← Interaction → User|
Battlestar Wiki uses descriptive terms to give names to technologies and other subjects which haven't been given a canonical name (that is, a name assigned officially through aired content from either the Re-imagined Series or Original Series).
Contributors are encouraged to use descriptive terms for important technologies, characters or events that have been sufficiently defined, but that are not ubiquitous or commonplace, such as "telephones." Contributors should create terms that match the function or the disposition or similar characteristic of the subject.
Articles that describe ordinary, mundane topics on Battlestar Wiki (commonly nicknamed as "telephone articles" because of their obvious usage) are subject to speedy deletion.
Once a subject, character or item has an official term, the descriptive terms are retired and used as redirects.
The names of most battles, such as the Fall of the Twelve Colonies, are descriptive terms as well unless the battle's name are named by a character in an episode (This practice was done more canonically through episode dialogue in the Original Series, such as the "Battle of Molecay"). Normally battle articles for the Re-imagined Series are named by a celestial object in the vicinity or a specific target (Battle of Ragnar Anchorage, Battle of the Resurrection Ship, et al.).
Partial list of articles with descriptive terms, past and present
- The consensus-based leadership of a baseship, consisting of humanoid Cylons.
- Caprica-Valerii, Caprica-Sharon, Caprica-Boomer, C-Sharon, C-Boomer
- Descriptive term for Colonial pilot wireless communication process similar to the NATO alphabet.
- Used to describe the hexagonal version of the CD-like computer discs of the Re-imagined Series.
- The descriptive name given to the otherwise-unnamed class of original battlestars such as Galactica in the Re-imagined Series.
- Galactica-Valerii, Galactica-Boomer, Galactica-Sharon, G-Sharon, G-Boomer
- The descriptive term for a three-dimensional photo viewer seen in an episode of the Original Series.
- Humanoid Cylon, "Humano-Cylon"
- Identification tags
- Kinetic energy weapons, or KEW
- Descriptive term for the projectile weapons (guns and the like) used in the Re-imagined Series.
- Resurrection tank, Cylon rebirthing tank
- The descriptive name for a recurring unnamed extra (played by Leo Li Chiang) in the Re-imagined Series.
- Virtual Baltar, Head-Baltar
- The descriptive names for the virtual Gaius Baltar being that haunts Caprica-Six.
- Virtual Six, Baltar-Six, Chip-Six, Head-Six
- The descriptive names for the virtual Number Six being that haunts Gaius Baltar.
- For a complete list of articles that utilize descriptive terms, see Category:Descriptive terms.