Generally, the commander's quarters is a special area with separations for a desk, chairs and furniture as well as a bunk. Senior officers may be allowed a duty locker for themselves and a spouse. The CAG and other officers often share duty locker space with the remaining pilots. Non-commissioned officers generally share duty lockers as well.
- Main article: Galactica daycare
- Main article: Hangar deck
Normally used for spacecraft support, the hangar decks sometimes also double as an auditorium for large crew gatherings. On Galactica, only the port hangar deck is usable for flight operations. Notable assemblies include:
- A memorial service following the Fleet's escape from Ragnar Anchorage (Miniseries)
- A funeral service for pilots killed in an accident (TRS: "Act of Contrition").
- The re-uniting of Galactica and Pegasus crews (TRS: "Pegasus").
- The ceremony recognizing William Adama's 45 years of service in the Colonial Fleet (TRS: "Hero").
Improvised areas built after the Second Exodus include a bar, constructed in an area of the starboard hangar deck (TRS: "Taking a Break From All Your Worries") as well as a civilian refugee camp known as Camp Oil Slick.
There are several restroom facilities on Galactica. Some are used as general purpose lavatories with just sinks and toilets (TRS: "Six Degrees of Separation") while others appear to be meant as crew bathing facilities. These have showers, multi-basin sink facilities and lockers that are named with callsigns (TRS: Miniseries, Scattered). Every public head seen appears to be unisex.
Separate heads are apparently reserved for enlisted personnel; in "Dirty Hands", the deckhands can be seen in a head among themselves. However, Anastasia Dualla was often seen in the same head as officers when she was a petty officer. This might be explained by the heads being in different locations, with choice dictated by convenience, not by rank.
- Main article: Observation deck
Situated at the very front of the ship, this room allows crew and visitors the rare opportunity to look out a window into space. The room is often used by couples for courting. Because of the high demand for this room, officials on Galactica have had to impose time limits on each group that enters.
Billy Keikeya and Anastasia Dualla share a moment in this room, during which Keikeya attempts to get information from Dualla regarding the Old Man (TRS: "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down"). Vipers occasionally do fly-bys in front of this room.
The "rec room" is a general-purpose room where officers can gather to socialize, relax, participate in games. There are often triad games played here. The walls are decorated with many photos of pilots who served on Galactica, spacecraft and airplanes, insignia, decorations and other memorabilia ("Act of Contrition", "Exodus, Part I").
- Main article: Sickbay
The general medical care facility for all of Galactica and other Fleet ships when necessary. Sherman Cottle is the primary physician and is supported by several medics such as Layne Ishay, Howard Kim and Gerard.
A formal meeting and multi-purpose room, the wardroom has tables usually arranged in a U shape surrounding a podium placed at the front of the room. It has seating for 10 to 15 people. More formally decorated than most of the other rooms on Galactica, it contains the flags of the Twelve Colonies and is carpeted with a plush, blue carpet. It is the scene of the first talk between William Adama and his son Lee after a two-year separation (TRS: "Miniseries").
Galactica's wardroom has also been used during:
- Commander Adama and President Roslin's discussion regarding the future of the human race (TRS: "Miniseries")
- The water crisis on Galactica (TRS: "Water")
- The tribunal proceedings to inquire about the Cylon threat and to seek out any conspirators on Galactica (TRS: "Litmus")
- Colonel Tigh's reception of the Quorum of Twelve after Adama's coup against Roslin (TRS: "Fragged").
- Negotiations with the Cylons about the algae planet (TRS: "The Eye of Jupiter")
- Negotiations with Natalie, leader of the rebel Cylon faction (Guess What's Coming To Dinner?)
- The interrogation of Ellen Tigh following her return to Galactica (TRS: "Deadlock")
Galactica has a fairly standard weight room to maintain the crew's physical fitness and for rehabilitation after injury.
Kara Thrace spends time in the weight room rehabilitating her broken knee on a leg press machine after a Viper crash (TRS: "The Hand of God"). Leg strength is particularly important for Viper pilots; acceleration can dramatically magnify the force needed to press the fighter's control pedals.
Thrace and others often use the weight room as catharsis, pushing themselves and venting through strenuous weightlifting, boxing and the like.
- Main article: Firing range
Crew members can train their hand weapon proficiency on a firing range that is equipped with various weapons and targets.
- "Scattered", caption information.
- In standard naval parlance, the wardroom is the officers' mess, and is sometimes used metaphorically to refer to the officers of a ship's company.