The sickbay seems to have the equipment of a basic small hospital (beds, stretchers, IV's), but is relatively spartan otherwise. It is also equipped with a machine similar to a magnetic resonance imaging scanner.
Galactica also possesses a morgue, which can be accessed through Baltar's lab ("The Farm", "Sacrifice"). The lab itself is located in the starboard forward section of the ship (TRS: "Six Degrees of Separation").
Major characters who have spent time in sickbay
- Cally Henderson -- gunshot wound in "Bastille Day". Later beaten to the point of having her jaw broken by Galen Tyrol and needing it rewired (TRS: "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I").
- Laura Roslin -- numerous examination and treatments relating to her breast cancer ("Act of Contrition", "Epiphanies", Season 4).
- Kara Thrace -- broken knee ("You Can't Go Home Again" to "Six Degrees of Separation").
- Sharon Valerii -- self-inflicted gunshot wound in the cheek (TRS: "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I").
- William Adama -- after the attempt on his life by Sharon Valerii ("Scattered" to "Resistance").
- Gaius Baltar -- scan of his brain to determine whether or not his internal Number Six is a chip (TRS: "Home, Part II").
- Lee Adama -- gunshot wound (TRS: "Sacrifice")
- Sharon Agathon -- near-miscarriage in "Final Cut". Attempted rape resulting in a cracked rib treated in "Resurrection Ship, Part I", Caesarian-section birth in "Downloaded".
- Louanne Katraine -- dies from radiation sickness in "The Passage".
- Galen Tyrol -- recovers from explosive decompression in "A Day in the Life".
- Romo Lampkin -- survives an assassination attempt in "The Son Also Rises".
- Felix Gaeta -- after having his leg amputated (TRS: "Guess What's Coming to Dinner?").