Battlestar Galactica: Cylon Apocalypse 4
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
An issue of the Dynamite series.
|Cover Artist(s)||Michael Golden, Pat Lee, Carlos Rafael, Stephen Sadowski|
|Collects||Virgin Michael Golden Cover|
|Collected in||Trade Paperback|
|Battlestar Galactica: Cylon Apocalypse 3||Issue 4||(End of limited series)|
|Available at BOOKSAMILLION.COM - Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.com – Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.co.uk – Purchase|
|Available at Things From Another World - Purchase|
- With over fifteen percent of the Cylon population on Tessida overcome by the weaponized nano-cybrid, Galactica leaves orbit, to Apollo's objection, as Starbuck is missing on the planet.
- Starbuck safely ejects from his Viper, but his emergency transponder does not operate. He finds himself in the Cylon mainframe building when Centurions try to enter the room. Starbuck uses his grappling device to escape.
- As Apollo eulogizes Starbuck in the officer's quarters, a red-alert klaxon sounds throughout the ship. Adama briefs his son: A Cylon fleet of four basestars is approaching, and will arrive in 24 centars. Colonel Tigh warns that, even with the nano-cybrid weapons they have left, they aren't up to the battle.
- When Apollo suggests getting the Fleet through the Canopus wormhole to escape, Adama agrees, but wants to close the wormhole behind them with a gravitic warhead to avoid pursuit, indicating that, if the mysterious message they received through the wormhole was from the Thirteenth Tribe, Adama does not want to greet his lost brothers with a Cylon fleet on their doorstep.
- As Starbuck flees through the city, he encounters many infected Cylons that attack him. Improvising with blaster and acquired Cylon sword, the Colonial Warrior hacks and blasts his way to find a Cylon communications array.
- Viceroy Abbadon receives a message from Imperious Leader Barkol, but orders the transmission ignored. He, too, knows of the Cylon fleet's imminent arrival, and realizes they aren't coming to defend Tessida, but to destroy it and the nano-cybrid. When a Command Centurion questions Abbadon's motives, the IL-series Cylon explains himself, then orders an escort to the mainframe's fusion core, where the infection is apparently in check until the seals of the chamber are opened.
- Starbuck manages to boost his transponder to get an automated distress signal to the Fleet. His blaster pack charge is running low.
- As infected Cylons attack him, one careens into the communications dish, destroying it and cutting off his transponder's message.
- At the fusion core, Abbadon initiates a self-destruct sequence that, when it detonates, will destroy the entire planet.
- Just as Starbuck is overwhelmed by Cylons, Apollo, Jolly and Athena emerge from a Colonial shuttle and rescue the stranded Starbuck.
- Boomer, piloting the shuttle, realizes that the power grid on the planet is dangerous unstable, as if it was about to blow. Apollo orders him to launch and return to Galactica.
- Starbuck awakens to find the face of Cassiopeia over him on the shuttle. Starbuck's courage to ask Cassie to marry rises and wanes again.
- Galactica and her Fleet escape to fight and survive another day, with Adama carefully considering the ramifications of unleashing the destruction on the Cylons with that of saving a sizeable part of humanity.