- For other subjects with the same name, see: Omega (disambiguation).
|Role||Core Command Operative, battlestar Galactica|
|Portrayed by||David Greenan|
|Omega is a Cylon|
|Omega is a Final Five Cylon|
|Omega is a Human/Cylon Hybrid|
|Omega is an Original Series Cylon|
|@ BW Media|
|Omega in the separate continuity|
Sergeant Omega hails from Sagitaria and is a long-time core command crewmember of the battlestar Galactica (TOS: "Saga of a Star World"). Omega's task is more like that of an operations manager, and seems to have some way of reporting dire news in a consistent fashion to Tigh and Adama.
After the Cylon Attack
Despite being injured, he performs solidly when Galactica is rammed by two Cylon Raiders. He continually relays information from various systems to Colonel Tigh as they battle the raging inferno sparked aboard their ship. He acts as Tigh's right hand man during the ordeal, conducting emergency errands and well as maintaining a constant information flow (TOS: "Fire in Space").
Omega also appears in a variety of recruiting advertisements that are beamed from the Comm-Tel Ship for additional Warriors. One of these advisements manages to even inspire Nomen Maga and Bora to join up. They use their joining the military as a cover to come aboard the battlestar and try to exact vengeance upon Chameleon (TOS: "The Man with Nine Lives").
- Omega is identified only as "bridge officer" in the closing credits of "Saga of a Star World".
- A readout identifies Omega as a sergeant in "The Long Patrol".
- His contemporary in the Re-imagined Series is Lieutenant Felix Gaeta.
- Omega (Ω ω) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. It is often used to denote the last, the end, or the ultimate limit of a set.