|Role||Viper/Raptor pilot, battlestar Galactica|
|Portrayed by||Leo Li Chiang|
|Tattooed pilot is a Cylon|
|Tattooed pilot is a Final Five Cylon|
|Tattooed pilot is a Human/Cylon Hybrid|
|Tattooed pilot is an Original Series Cylon|
The tattooed pilot is a large male with a shaved head stationed on Galactica as a pilot rated to operate both Vipers and Raptors. His tattoos include a tiger on his left arm and a dragon on his right arm, and is often seen during briefings and in Galactica's rec room.
Flight from the Colonies
The pilot is often seen playing card games such as Triad or Dead Man's Chest. He can be seen at a card game during the crisis after the water tanks were sabotaged, playing with Kara Thrace and Gaius Baltar (TRS: "Water").
The tattooed pilot is present at a briefing when Kara Thrace is acting as CAG during Lee Adama's absence from ship (TRS: "Bastille Day"). He is later seen walking through a corridor near where a copy of Aaron Doral blew himself up (TRS: "Litmus").
He is present at the briefing where the pilots complain that they are missing the confined Captain Adama at their card game during the martial law under Colonel Saul Tigh (TRS: "Resistance", "Resistance").
He is again playing with Starbuck, Racetrack, Lieutenant Tucker "Duck" Clellan and Lieutenant Brendan "Hot Dog" Costanza when, after his return from Caprica, Lieutenant Karl "Helo" Agathon comes to the playing table and is treated as a persona non grata by everyone except Starbuck (TRS: "Flight of the Phoenix").
When Galactica is defending the Colonial mining ship Majahual during its twenty-nine days of mining operations, he is seen partying with other pilots and drinking a shooter out of a female pilot's belly button (TRS: "Scar").
New Caprica Exodus
The tattooed pilot is playing "Dead Man's Chest" with Thrace, Brendan "Hot Dog" Costanza, Captain Louanne "Kat" Katraine and Lieutenant Noel "Narcho" Allison, a former pilot for Pegasus, when Karl "Helo" Agathon asks for a callsign for Sharon Agathon and submits his own proposal: "Chrome dome" (TRS: "Torn").
During the food shortage, he is present at a briefing before the passage through the star cluster, takes parts in one of the trips through it, and watches William Adama making Katraine's posthumous promotion official by switching her name on the pilot roster with Lee Adama's (TRS: "The Passage").
At a pilot's daily mission briefing, some 49 days since the last Cylon encounter, he sits down between Costanza and Karl Agathon after the latter moves one seat over to tease Costanza about his pubic rash (TRS: "A Day in the Life").
Following the battle, D'Anna holds the entire compliment of Colonials on the baseship upon returning to the fleet, and is later seen with Costanza and several other pilots behind forced down a corridor past President Laura Roslin and Gaius Baltar's quarters by two centurions and a Number Eight, who threatens to kill them in the corridor if they didn't hurry up (TRS: "Revelations").
Post Thirteenth Colony
He is later seen leaving the officer's mess with a fellow pilot and Thrace when Lieutenant Felix Gaeta starts to plot mutiny with other like-minded individuals. He had joined Thrace and a fellow officer in leaving after Gaeta's comments to Thrace (TRS: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul").
- According to Leo Li Chiang, who plays the tattooed pilot, he "rarely leaves the pilot's rec room, but is always up for a game of Triad or a shot of Ambrosia, manages to get all the other pilots to keep the room tidy."
- Despite appearing in a number of episodes, he has not been named yet on screen. He might be one from the list of mentioned-only pilots. Although he has not been given an official callsign by the writers yet, he is often referred to by fans as "Salty" or "Dragon." Bradley Thompson stated: "If we give him a name, you won't have the fun of trying to guess what it is."
- Despite saying only one line in the whole series so far, he is one of the most memorable Galactica pilots due to his appearance.
- He is wearing a Viper patch on his flight suit in "A Day in the Life," but has been shown with a Raptor patch in some earlier episodes.
- Leo Li Chiang states that his character also appeared in the Miniseries.