Astral Queen (Eaglemoss)
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
An item of merchandise of the Re-imagined Series
|Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection|
|Release Date||10 April 2022|
Display stand and collectors magazine.
|Available at Amazon – Purchase|
|Available at Eaglemoss – Purchase|
Astral Queen is issue #25 from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection, a series of collectible models from the Battlestar Galactica multiverse.
This is also the final ship release from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica line prior to their bankruptcy.
From Eaglemoss' product page:
- A prison ship capable of holding over 1000 prisoners, the Astral Queen was on its way to parole hearings on Caprica when the Cylons attacked. Faced with the impossibility of keeping control of so many criminals after the Fall of the Twelve Colonies, Captain [Lee] Adama of the Galactica eventually ordered that the Astral Queen be turned over to its prisoners. Organized by the ex-terrorist Tom Zarek, the former prisoners of the Astral Queen provided vital repairs to the rest of the refugee fleet. The ship became Zarek’s power base, even propelling him to a seat on the Quorum of Twelve. Official die-cast models of the starships of Battlestar Galactica – both classic (1978) and modern (2004). Designed with the help of the Galactica VFX team, these models come with a magazine featuring interviews with creators, including Ronald D. Moore!
The collector's magazine for this item features:
- Page 1: Front Cover
- Page 2: Stand Assembly Instructions
- Page 3: Design Spec
- Page 4: Ship Profile
- Pages 8 - 9: Orthographic Views and Callouts
- Pages 10 - 13: Behind the Scenes - "Familiar Fleet" with Gary Hutzel
- Page 14: Interview: Ronald D. Moore - "Flights of Fancy?"
- Page 15: Advertisement for Issue 14 - Blackbird