Modern Raptor (Eaglemoss)
An item of merchandise of the Re-imagined Series
|Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection|
|Release Date||12 June 2019|
Display stand and collectors magazine.
|Available at Amazon – Purchase|
|Available at Eaglemoss – Purchase|
The Modern Raptor is issue #10 from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection, a series of collectible models from the Battlestar Galactica multiverse.
From Eaglemoss' product page:
- The Raptor is one of the most versatile ships in the Colonial Military. Operating both offensively and defensively, the Raptor was used to ferry troops and munitions, boost or block communications, and conduct search and rescue operations.
- This Raptor ship model is brought to life in heavyweight die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. It captures the ship’s unique design, a chunky appearance that earned it the nickname "flying pillbox", and small details like landing lights, engine burn, and cockpit decals. We have worked closely with members of Galactica VFX team to ensure that the model is as accurate as possible.
- The ship comes complete with a 16-page collector’s magazine providing an in-depth profile of the ship, exclusive behind the scenes articles, original design sketches, and interviews.
The collector's magazine for this item features:
- Page 1: Front Cover
- Page 2: Stand Assembly Instructions
- Page 3: Design Spec
- Page 4: Ship Profile
- Pages 8 - 9: Orthographic Views and Callouts
- Pages 10 - 13: Behind the Scenes - "Search... Support... Strike!"
- Page 14: Interview: Ronald D. Moore - "Function First"
- Page 15: Advertisement for Issue 11 - Cylon Raider (Blood and Chrome)
Pending release from licensor.
- Hero Collector: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 10 REVEAL (web.archive.org backup link)
- Eaglemoss USA: Raptor (2004) Product Listing (web.archive.org backup link)
- Eaglemoss UK: Modern Raptor Ship Product Listing (web.archive.org backup link)
- The "modern" nomenclature is unnecessary as the Original Series did not have a counterpart.
- This page count includes the front and back magazine cover.