An item of merchandise of the Re-imagined Series
|Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection|
|Release Date||14 January 2020|
Display stand and collectors magazine.
|Available at Amazon – Purchase|
|Available at Eaglemoss – Purchase|
The Blackbird is issue #14 from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection, a series of collectible models from the Battlestar Galactica multiverse.
From Eaglemoss' product page:
- The next edition to the Battlestar Galactica Ships Collection is the one-of-a-kind Blackbird ship that was designed for stealth missions by Galactica's maintenance chief Glen (sic) Tyrol.
- The Blackbird ship was built from scratch with available materials and resembled a Viper Ship The external armor was made from a black, non-reflective, carbon-fibre composite material, that masked its presence from both Cylon and Colonial radars, as well as gave the vessel its name. Equipped with enhanced sensors and surveillance systems, it was a perfect intelligence-gathering instrument.
- This Battlestar Galactica Blackbird ship is brought to life with heavyweight die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. It captures the Viper-shape of the ship in a sleek black colour and little details, such as President Laura's name painted on the fuselage. Eaglemoss has worked closely with members of Galactica VFX team to ensure that the model is as accurate as possible.
- The ship comes complete with a 16-page collector’s magazine providing an in-depth profile of the ship, exclusive behind the scenes articles, original design sketches, and an interview with the series developer, Ronald D. Moore.
Information contingent on review of released item.
- The resemblance is for use in the launch tube for rapid deployment. Blackbird is neither a Viper nor a space superiority fighter replacement.
- The term "radar" is never used in the Re-imagined Series, and the term is inaccurate vis a vis the abilities of DRADIS.
- This page count includes the front and back magazine cover.