An item of merchandise of the Re-imagined Series
|Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection|
|Release Date||25 March 2020|
Display stand and collectors magazine.
|Available at Amazon – Purchase|
|Available at Eaglemoss – Purchase|
The Scar Raider is issue #16 from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection, a series of collectible models from the Battlestar Galactica multiverse.
From Eaglemoss' product page:
- The next incredible ship to soar into the Battlestar Galactica Collection is the Cylon Raider that appeared in Scar episode of the Battlestar Galactica (sic)!
- The Cylon Raider, also know as the sparrow, is a sleek and deadly Strike Interceptor and the primary attack fighter used by the Cylons. It can speed past its enemies' ships and hunt down its targets. Raiders are cybernetic and capable of being "reborn", just like the Cylons, into new Raiders after being destroyed. It is made of a complex system of organs, veins and biological fluids inside the main body which enables the "reborn" ability. This provides the Cylons with a distinct tactical advantage in essence that every time a Cylon Raider is destroyed, it is reborn slightly improved having "learned" through each life-cycle it undergoes.
- This Cylon Raider (Scar) ship measures approximately 9.8 inches long and is brought to life in die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. It also comes complete with a 16-page collector’s magazine providing an in-depth profile of the ship, exclusive behind the scenes articles, original design sketches, and an interview with series developer, Ronald D. Moore.
The collector's magazine for this item features:
- Page 1: Front Cover
- Page 3: Design Spec
- Page 4: Ship Profile
- Pages 8 - 9:Orthographic Views and Callouts
- Pages 10 - 13: Behind the Scenes -"Scar Tactics"
- Page 14: Interview: Roland D. Moore - "Raider Revelations"
- Page 15: Advertisement for Issue 17 - "Valkyrie"
- Although present on the CGI model in the episode "Scar", as well as the model Eaglemoss model, "Modern Cylon Raider", both sublight engines are missing on this model.
- This page count includes the front and back magazine cover.