As to be expected, the term Colonial is used widely in both series, as it is the proper term for people from the Twelve Colonies:
The Original Series
- Colonial hovercraft, land vehicles of the Colonies.
- Colonial Military Institute, a military school where Adama participates in a study on mental powers.
- Colonial Shuttle, the ships Galactica uses to ferry people to other ships, planets, and locales.
- Colonial Viper, the space superiority fighter of the Colonial military.
- Colonial Warrior, the name given to members of the Colonial military.
- Colonial battles chronology (TOS), a full listing of the battles that the Colonials are involved in.
- Colonial Anthem, the anthem of the Colonies.
- Colonial Seal, the emblem that is on all government documentation and other insignia.
- Colonial calendar, an overview of the timekeeping methods of the Colonies.
- Colonial Ministry of Education, the arm of the government dealing with education matters.
- Colonial Day, the celebration of the Articles of Colonization, which unified the Colonies 52 years prior to the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.
- Colonial Dispatch, a publication in the Fleet that was sharply critical of Gaius Baltar during his bid for the presidency.
- Colonial Gang, a wireless news talk show in the Fleet.
- Colonial Press, a term to describe the press corps in the Fleet.
- Colonial Worker's Alliance, the union that Galen Tyrol leads on New Caprica and later re-institutes in the Fleet after the exodus from that planet.
- Colonial Fleet, the military of the Colonies.
- Colonial Marine Corps, a branch of the Colonial Fleet.
- Colonial Ministry of Defense, the arm of the government dealing with the armed forces.
- Colonial Wireless Alphabet, the phonetic alphabet used by the Colonial Fleet over wireless.
- Colonial Defense Mainframe, the primary central computer which acts as a hub of information and coordination for Colonial Fleet activity.
- Colonial Intelligence, a military intelligence branch of the Colonial Fleet.
- Colonial Fleet Hub, a space station in orbit of Gemenon in the Battlestar Galactica: Pegasus comic.
- Colonial Heavy 798, the name of a transport that ferries Laura Roslin to Galactica prior to the Fall.
- Colonial One, the call sign for any ship carrying the President of the Twelve Colonies; formerly Colonial Heavy 798.
- Colonial Defender, the unofficial name of a ship that is seen in the Fleet.
- Colonial troop transport, ships used during the Cylon War as depicted in the comic books.
- Colonial battles chronology (RDM), a full listing of battles that the Colonials are involved in.
- Colonial Computer History, a history of computing and other technology on the Colonies.
- "Colonial Day", an episode of Season 1.
- Colonial One captain, the unnamed captain of the Colonial Heavy 798 at the time of the Fall.
- Colonial prison system, the system used by the Colonies for removing and rehabilitating convicts separate from normal society.