From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
As to be expected, the term Colonial is used widely in both series, as it is the proper term for people from the Twelve Colonies:
The Original Series
- Colonial hovercraft, land vehicles of the Colonies.
- Colonial Military Institute, a military school where Adama participates in a study on mental powers.
- Colonial Shuttle, the ships Galactica uses to ferry people to other ships, planets, and locales.
- Colonial Viper, the space superiority fighter of the Colonial military.
- Colonial Warrior, the name given to members of the Colonial military.
- Colonial battles chronology (TOS), a full listing of the battles that the Colonials are involved in.
- Colonial Anthem, the anthem of the Colonies.
- Colonial Seal, the emblem that is on all government documentation and other insignia.
- Colonial calendar, an overview of the timekeeping methods of the Colonies.
- Colonial Ministry of Education, the arm of the government dealing with education matters.
- Colonial Day, the celebration of the Articles of Colonization, which unified the Colonies 52 years prior to the Fall of the Twelve Colonies.
- Colonial Dispatch, a publication in the Fleet that was sharply critical of Gaius Baltar during his bid for the presidency.
- Colonial Gang, a wireless news talk show in the Fleet.
- Colonial Press, a term to describe the press corps in the Fleet.
- Colonial Worker's Alliance, the union that Galen Tyrol leads on New Caprica and later re-institutes in the Fleet after the exodus from that planet.
- Colonial Fleet, the military of the Colonies.
- Colonial Marine Corps, a branch of the Colonial Fleet.
- Colonial Ministry of Defense, the arm of the government dealing with the armed forces.
- Colonial Wireless Alphabet, the phonetic alphabet used by the Colonial Fleet over wireless.
- Colonial Defense Mainframe, the primary central computer which acts as a hub of information and coordination for Colonial Fleet activity.
- Colonial Intelligence, a military intelligence branch of the Colonial Fleet.
- Colonial Fleet Hub, a space station in orbit of Gemenon in the Battlestar Galactica: Pegasus comic.
- Colonial Heavy 798, the name of a transport that ferries Laura Roslin to Galactica prior to the Fall.
- Colonial One, the call sign for any ship carrying the President of the Twelve Colonies; formerly Colonial Heavy 798.
- Colonial Defender, the unofficial name of a ship that is seen in the Fleet.
- Colonial troop transport, ships used during the Cylon War as depicted in the comic books.
- Colonial battles chronology (RDM), a full listing of battles that the Colonials are involved in.
- Colonial Computer History, a history of computing and other technology on the Colonies.
- "Colonial Day", an episode of Season 1.
- Colonial One captain, the unnamed captain of the Colonial Heavy 798 at the time of the Fall.
- Colonial prison system, the system used by the Colonies for removing and rehabilitating convicts separate from normal society.