- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a successful request for adminship. Please do not modify it.
- Current Count: (9/0/0)
- Current Date/Time: Monday, July 4, 2022 at 00:08 (UTC)
- RFA Ending: Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 12:00 (UTC)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: I humbly accept. --FrankieG 12:59, 12 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support As nominator. --Steelviper 09:19, 12 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support. SV read my mind: We were in agreement in considerations for the previous RFA candidate as well as this one. Frankie has shown a strong level-headedness, initiative and motivation in his work that will aid everyone greatly as an administrator. Given the growth of users and articles here, we need another mopper. Besides, we need another old man aside from me as an admin. :) --Spencerian 09:38, 12 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support Has been nothing but a "Father" figure (Other than Joe and Spenc} to all. --Shane (T - C - E) 11:09, 12 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support Nothing I can add that hasn't been said. --Talos 11:56, 12 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support He has had no conflicts of note, and, since he's been here over 7 months, any hypothetical downsides would presumably have surfaced by now; importantly, there is no evidence he would abuse power given it. He has made many good edits and been diligent, thorough, and civil. As I can find no reason at all to object and several good reasons to support him, I'll do the latter. --CalculatinAvatar(C-T) 18:29, 12 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support FRAKHEADS Unite! --Ribsy 00:07, 13 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support You've got my vote as well --Larocque6689 01:23, 13 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support Definite support, very mature and intelligent, very helpful to new users. Excellent admin material. --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 02:51, 13 October 2006 (CDT)
- Support --April Arcus 03:58, 13 October 2006 (CDT)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What duties, if any, would you anticipate helping with? Please check out Battlestar Wiki:Project List's for a list of projects.
- A. My job and family life let's me keep an eye on the Wiki roughly 16 hours a day, which will be handy in calming disputes and preventing vandalism.
- B. Fairly decent at "mopping". However, the caveat being that I can't edit my own material worth a frak :).
- C. Episode Standardization
- D. Podcast Transcripts
- E. Quote of the day - find duplicates.
- F. Much like this discussion between Steelviper and Spencerian, the only think that I will be doing that I haven't done or will do it that I can block users to prevent vandalism, rename pages , and maybe delete a page here and there mopping up. Otherwise, same-o, same-o.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions here, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. Helping to keep the Main page fresh over the hiatus, by keeping quotes, air times, and news updated. The quotes were a challenge sometimes because I had to come up with a new one almost every day.
- B. Episode Standardization - Scary, worthwhile, learning experience because I had to put my "hands" on a lot of different articles, and had to make "interpretative" decisions.
- C. Importing Wikipedia policies - These policies were about civility and proper behavior. I love peace and quiet and rational discussion.
- D. Things you just don't do, not even in war - More civility and behavior ideas.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A. I have never had a conflict directly with another user because I believe that sincere, civil discussion can take care any editing differences. The only time my ire was raised was during an RFA because I thought the wiki was being attacked from the "outside." Once the details of the matter was made clear, I understood and dropped the matter.
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page. No further edits should be made to this page.