User talk:Joe Beaudoin Jr./Archive8
|DO NOT EDIT OR POST REPLIES TO THIS PAGE. THIS PAGE IS AN ARCHIVE.
This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.
Question Regarding BSG Forum Administration
I'm just curious why we have to log into the media section separately, particularly seeing as we have the same login for the main forum and the media page. Please excuse my ignorance. Grandmaester314 13:55, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- From a technical standpoint, it is a different website, as are the German, Spanish, and other versions. Therefore, they require that you log into those, although your username and password are all synchronized so that they're all the same across the Wiki network. A bit annoying, but there's nothing we can really do about it, until the MediaWiki developers devise a better system. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 16:49, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi Joe. Do you know what type of Font is used here: http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/4/4a/Bscap243.jpg
--Enabran 16:40, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- It's a font in the OCR font series... I'll see if I can get some time later to find the specific font. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 17:05, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- Great :-) Thank you. If you need, I have made an "straightened" version of the recon-pic... --Enabran 18:43, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Joe. Have you find out the right font? --Enabran 23:34, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you very much :-)
Fixed the graphics for warrant officer and lieutenant colonel. *Now* they match the auction photos, eh? :)-- Fredmdbud 01:59, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
Your exploits of late are legendary, sir. I can only guess how abso-frakkin'-lutely awesome it was to attend the Ultimate Frak Party. You'll need to document the highlights, especially if you've had the opportunity to tell us all how popular the wiki is among the BSG cognoscenti. I would guess, fairly so. And if RDM commented, well, that's fun enough for me, too. :) The auction was hard work, to be sure, but I'm sure it was the time of your life. --Spencerian 01:33, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Bleh. I am still waiting for a podcast to mention us. :( Shane (talk) 00:22, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
neeed help plez
he should be bocked from f this sit he sarted to tell me to screw of and stuff and so did the user Einheitskanzler he should be bloocked 2 he called me a loser
--Starbuck=fofa king cool 20:48, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- There is no such user as Einheitskanzler, you modified the welcome message that Philyboy sent you earlier and edited to appear as an attack. Given your undue disruption of the Wiki and your apparent disregard for our citation and civility policies, I have blocked you from editing for a period of one month effective 10 July 2009. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 13:04, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
First effort, then failure
I'd like to first thank you for providing me with my small fraction of godlike abilities on here. Although I can't help but suspect that I received them via a good deal of constant pestering on several articles, but I digress. Now, I tried to exercise my power for the first time by properly moving the Alessandra Torresani page, but I'll be damned if I didn't get an error message. So, to keep you or any of the others Powers That Be from having to do my work for me, and most importantly, keep my feeling of importance in check, is there an alternative action I perform? I was thinking about taking the article title as is and the correct one and doing a switcheroo with the contents, which would leave a good deal of subsequent work with the redirects and whatnot. Or is there something more simple I can pull off? --Mars 10:04, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I've gone a
- To the best of recollection, it was something along the lines of the name already being in use. --Mars 14:42, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
Original Cylon Hybrid Concept Sketches
Should this be included in the Cylon Hybrid article? --DrBat 19:04, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- Sure it should! How would you include this content in the Cylon Hybrid article? -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 22:37, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
The blue Prints for the Olympic Carrier are from the BSG RPG Core Rule Book. Also could you please not delete them or any other ones I have put up. Could we just talk about it.
Thanks Phil --P sutherland 14:51, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- I only removed them from the article, they weren't deleted physically from the Media Repository. ;-)
- Also, when uploading files, you want to note the source of the files. When I reviewed these blue prints of Olympic Carrier, I did not see any source information on the file's description page. Hence my question. Further, the core book isn't canon, but as it is licensed, I have no problem including these links on Battlestar Wiki, as so long as their non-canon status is clearly noted. (As I've said before, if I recall correctly.) Cheers. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 15:51, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
Just dropping in...
Hey Joe, long time no see! Wow; can't believe it's been over a year since I last visited. How time flies! Anyway, just wanted to toss you a "hi, how ya doing, hope you're great!" Awesome work you guys have done with this beast!! Take care bud. -- Sasoriza 20:18, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
French Battlestar Wiki
Hi, I just saw the english version of BSG Wiki and checked out for the presence of a french version. I found it but almost empty (compared to the english one). I work on wiki language and I am also admin of the french version of Stargate Wiki. I think it's possible for me to improve the french wiki site with translations and/or templates. So, is it possible please for you to give me the admin rights for the french wiki.
Thank you very much. I put already this message to Shane and wait for the answer--LIMAFOX76 19:53, 7 October 2009 (UTC)