References to the Re-imagined Series (Webcomics)
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
|Part of the series on|
This is the list of References to the Re-imagined Series as they appear in webcomics/comic strips.
- In Episode 11, Page #24 & 25 - "A BIG Surprise", the expletive "frak" is used.
- In the comic for January 28, 2006, Kit is looked at when she says: "I'm gonna turn on the Sci-Fi Channel! I wonder what I missed on Battlestar Galactica!"
- In the comic for March 28, 2007, a spoof of Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars shows Tricia Helfer's character General Kilian Qatar remarking "But don't worry, God has a plan. You may even be one of the Final Five Cylons."
- In the comic for Sunday, February 5, 2006, an attractive intelligent woman offers Wally a coffee and a discussion on the last Battlestar Galactica episode.
- In the comic for Friday, December 8, 2006, Dilbert uses the expletive "frak" when he has to program the Legacy system. Although the spelling is from the Original Series "frack", Scott Adams uses it to reference the Re-imagined Series.
- In the comic for Friday, October 5, 2007, Dilbert mentions going home early to watch Battlestar Galactica on his DVR.
- In the comic for Thursday, February 23, 2006, Dexter uses the UGA (Undisclosed Government Agency) spy equipment to try finding out who the sleeper Cylon will be in the next Battlestar Galactica episode.
- In the comic for Monday, October 30, 2006, Paul Greenhorn goes as a Cylon sleeper agent for Halloween.
- For all related material on the subject, click here.
- In the comic for Thursday, June 28, 2007, Joel tries catching up by watching Season 2 but is interrupted repeatedly by Josh. Joel then strangles Josh with the chord of his Wiimote and throws the Wiimote through Eli's neck before he could spoil who the Final Five are.
- In the comic for Monday, July 30, 2007, when Josh is about to commit suicide through a Rube Goldberg machine since Harry Potter series finished, Eli reminds him that there's other things to look forward to as Metroid Prime 3, Battlestar Galactica's Season 4, OSX Leopard, and Joel's awesome pickle parties.
- In the comic for Monday, August 27, 2007, Kevin Smith directs an upcoming episode of Battlestar Galactica in the style of Clerks.
- In the comic for Friday, April 4, 2008, Eli writes a letter to Battlestar Galactica.
- In the comic for Monday, April 7, 2008, the characters watch the Iron Man special preview as "He That Believeth In Me" goes to commercial break.
- In the comic for Monday, April 14, 2008, Josh is told that Katee Sackhoff is fighting hoboes in the alley of the topless comic shop, but refuses to go since he is watching The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in HD again.
- In the comic for Monday, June 30th, 2008, the characters are observing the Phoenix Lander progress of finding life on mars, when they realize that the lander is only moving due to "Wall-E". They reference Wall-E as a Cylon.
- In the comic for Friday, December 5th, 2008, Joel buys a Resurrection tank from the Battlestar Galactica props auction and turns it into a hot tub, which is hooked up to Josh's brain.
- In the comic for Monday, January 26th, 2009, Adama and Roslin are in bed as in the episode "A Disquiet Follows My Soul".
- In the comic for March 26, 2007, the main character's neighbor asks if he has cable so they could watch the season finale.
- In the comic for November 7, 2005, Blue Trapezoid tells Yellow Pentagon hat some of the "governmental monies" was spent on the new Battlestar Galactica DVD.
- In the comic for April 27, 2008, the character of Monty purchases a universal remote from an electronics store. After purchasing the remote, he changes the display televisions in the storefront window so they show an episode of Battlestar Galactica.
- In the comic for April 9, 2008, Beans makes art of the Horsehead Nebula, which "neutralizes all Cylon activity".
- In the comic for Monday, January 31, 2005, Greg Dean snaps when he reads "TO BE CONTINUED..." on the end of the episode.
- In the comic for Monday, June 16, 2008, Greg and Liz watch "Revelations".
- In Episode 3: Channeling My Inner Cylon, Rod expresses his disbelief on why the Cylons would want to destroy the humans, while Barry channels his "inner Cylon", his head having changed into a centurion's head.
- In Episode 12: Number Love, Barry discusses how he is in love with Number Six, with Rod noting Barry's previous infatuation with Star Trek: Voyager's 7 of 9.
- In the comic for September 7, 2008, Sally and Ted Forth remark how they can't believe there won't be anymore new episodes.
- In the comic for Tuesday, June 17th, 2008, Amy reads a fanfic where the Millennium Falcon is humping the battlestar Galactica.
- In the comic for Friday, February 25, 2005, the Nerd Tribunal punishes Sheldon for having an obsolete computer by banishing him from the "Battlestar Galactica" chat room for two months.
- In the comic for Monday, November 14, 2005, Sheldon complains to Arthur how he has to wait until January for the new season, while The Ellen DeGeneres Show "crank[s] out 18 episodes every day".
- In the comic for Tuesday, December 26, 2006, Arthur asks Sheldon how he likes his Battlestar Galactica action figures.
- In the comic for Wednesday, December 27, 2006, Sheldon and Arthur play "Battlestar Galactica", while Arthur gets carried away.
- The January 7th, 2008 comic mentions Battlestar Galactica and Firefly as possible alternatives to Star Wars novels, when the main character says that the latter used to be his world.
- The July 7th, 2008 comic lists the show in a comic mocking the excessive "in popular culture" sections on Wikipedia.
- In the two strips for April 22, 2007, the characters are watching Battlestar Galactica.