Galacticruise is a fan-run cruise for the 30th anniversary celebration of the original Battlestar Galactica. It will took place from 15 September to 19 September 2008 on the Paradise, a luxury liner owned by Carnival, and is presented by the Battlestar Fan Club in collaboration with GALACTICA.TV.
Guests on the cruise include:
- Richard Hatch, Captain Apollo / Tom Zarek
- Terry Carter, Colonel Tigh
- Sarah Rush, Flight Corporal Rigel
- George Murdock, Dr Salik
- Denny Miller, Ser 5-9 ("The Gun on Ice Planet Zero")
- Robert Feero, Bora ("The Man with Nine Lives")
- Stu Phillips, composer for the Original Series and Galactica 1980
- Terrence McDonnell, story editor and writer for the Original Series
- Tom DeSanto, producer Battlestar Galactica revival attempt (attended precruise dinner only)
Special non-Battlestar Galactica guests:
- Austin Stoker, Ethan Bishop in "Assault on Precinct 13"
- Michael Swan, Duncan McKechnie in "As the World Turns" (attended precruise dinner only)
From the Galacticruise website:
Sunday, September 14
For those arriving early a precruise dinner was held on the night before the cruise on the "Queen Mary". Special guest Tom DeSanto gave a presentation on his Battlestar Galactica revival attempt and brought many books of concept art and showed images on his laptop.
Monday, September 15
Board the "Paradise" to begin our adventure! We meet and greet our fellow fans and the cast members at our Welcome Aboard cocktail party. Then we'll enjoy our first 5 course dinner at sea with the stars as we set sail to Catalina Island.
Tuesday, September 16
Catalina Island. Travel Channel calls Catalina "a Mediteranean Island off the California Coast." See the vacation homes of movie stars and shop in the historic town of Avalon amid stunning scenery. Later, return to Paradise for more special Galacticruise events with our guest cast members and our "formal night" 5 course banquet with the stars.
Wednesday, September 17
Ensenada, Mexico. Warm and friendly hospitality greets you as we visit this scenic tourist and fishing port "South of the border". Immerse your self in Mexico's culture as you dine or shop for souvenirs in the tourist district or stop for a drink in Mexico's oldest continuously operating cantina! Later on, special GALACTICRUISE events will be held onboard to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the premiere of "Battlestar Galactica".
Thursday, September 18
The highlight of this day at sea will be special programming, panels, and autograph sessions all day with the cast members from Battlestar Galactica. We'll conclude our special Galacticruise programming with a farewell 5 course dinner with the cast.
Friday, September 19
Have a leisurely breakfast onboard as we return to Long Beach to start planning our next adventure!
- Galacticruise - The Official Website (no longer in use by the same organization)