I thought we just added stuff into the encyclopedia; any "news" I guess would be sort of like that column on the right-hand of the existing main page, giving updates on air dates, merchandise, etc. Because technically, anything with a spoiler tag here is "news". --The Merovingian 13:15, 19 March 2006 (CST)
- There i snothing here now. But sub-pages will divid the news. This is the certerl location to edit the news. Spolier and Spolier free, but I created the Project so there can be sub-pages instead of there being mass confusion of templates. Comments next time go on discussion pages. --Shane (C - E) 13:22, 19 March 2006 (CST)
Added Australian Release of Season 2 on Merchandise Section, merged together in with the UK release point to minimise the amount of space taken up.--Lgamser 00:42, 14 June 2006 (CDT)
- Is it just me, or isn't it kinda useless to mention that various items are "available" but absolutely no hint of where or how? Everything in the "Other Merchandise" category has this problem. If you're going to mention patches, pins, shirts, or pyramid cards, then you need to have links or the entries are pretty useless. "Item exists" isn't all that helpful an answer if you're trying to buy it, and why put a note about if if we're expecting the user to do a Google search to find it? It seems like a waste of time and space as it is right now.--Scotchfairy 05:06, 10 August 2006 (CDT)
We are so cool
The Scifipedia page for Battlestar Galactica is very interesting in that, amongst the internal crosslinks of other Sci-Fi Channel resources on the show, there is one external link at the bottom of the article. It's for Battlestar Wiki. I'm not sure if this was added by the staff or by a user, but it's fun to see this extra exposure. --Spencerian 16:51, 2 October 2006 (CDT)
- Incidentally, it appears that we're approaching nearly 1 million page views per month. Fascinating. --Spencerian 16:53, 2 October 2006 (CDT)
Homage to World War II Movies
The trucks stopping and Nazi's inviting the "guests" to get out and stretch their legs has been used over and over again in war pictures. "the Great Escape", "War and Remembrence", "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" and "the Battle of the Bulge" have all used it. Jammer's pulling Cally out of the line is reminiscent of "the Pianist" where the title characters' collaborist cousin saves him from a one-way trip to Auchwitz, but sends the rest of his family.
Even the NCP uniforms are similiar to the Jewish Kappa Police as seen in "Escape from Sobbibor" and "Schindler's list.
--Eljech 14:27, 11 October 2006 (CDT)
- RDM mentions specifically in Podcast:Precipice that the 5 minute break was a The Great Escape homage. --Steelviper 14:36, 11 October 2006 (CDT)
Other news feeds
What about adding other news feeds to this portal? Like Syfyportal (especially if we can filter down to the BSG-related content). We're not really about breaking news, but we can aggregate it for our readers. --Steelviper 19:15, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- I can agree to adding news from other sources. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 19:37, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, we already talked about that. A good BSG-only news site may be easier. -- Serenity 19:39, 5 April 2008 (UTC)