- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a successful request for adminship. Please do not modify it.
Battlestar Wiki:Requests for adminship/Mercifull (2)|action=edit}} Vote here (7/0/2) ending 13:10 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Mercifull (talk • contribs) – A diligent, hardworking contributor, Mercifull has helped do a lot of good work for the Battlestar Wiki. His artwork is prominently displayed throughout the site, brightening up the appearance without being too intrusive. He's demonstrated that he is not afraid of grunt work either, often participating in cleanup projects on countless articles. He keeps a level head, is patient with new contributors, and collaborates with others to get his work done. This is his second RFA, but his first was declined (not unsuccessful). I am somewhat glad that he declined his first, as it may have been a bit premature. Since then I believe he has proven himself to be an excellent candidate to be a steward of the mop, and I believe he will use his mop only to do good. --Steelviper 08:22, 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- Nomination accepted. I will fill out this page later this afternoon. --Mercifull 08:38, 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support Per nomination. --Steelviper 08:22, 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support Even though there may not be a pressing need for a new admin, I believe that Mercifull excellent qualifications mentioned in the nomination overrides this concern for me. Mercifull has my .--FrankieG 09:27, 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support --Shane (T - C - E) 09:51, 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support: Mercifull is fair, well mannered and determined. Though new admins are not in terrible need, he would be a good and beneficial addition to the list. --Sauron18 11:29 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support: While technically the number of admins we have now is pretty good, Mercifull's addition would aid us in increasing the odds that at least one admin is present every few hours or so, given the occasional "Cylon" vandals that appear infrequently. And there is the matter of October and the anticipation that it will bring in the coming weeks and the headaches it causes. Mercifull's artwork is stellar and has helped greatly in brightening up the wiki, and his manner has been conservative to newbies and his enthusiasm is well-appreciated. I'm sure that CalculatinAvatar's mop arm is getting tired, so a new Steward of the Mop is due shortly. :) --Spencerian 11:35, 23 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support --April Arcus 00:46, 25 June 2006 (CDT)
- Support He's objective, diligent, and polite. Additionally, he'll likely be paying attention to versions of images and the deletion of obseleted ones, an area not particularly represented by any current administrator. As lagniappe, he would help even the distribution of administrators across timezones. --CalculatinAvatar(C-T) 00:45, 28 June 2006 (CDT)
- Neutral: I love Merciful's image work. I feel that I have absolutely no gague of his personality. That's anot a reflection on him, I just haven't interacted on the same talk pages as he has. I guess I just wanted to officially say, "Whatever you guys think." --Day (Talk - Admin) 22:22, 24 June 2006 (CDT)
- Neutral: I think Mercifull is good, but I don't know him too well; however this is not enough to make me actually vote against him, so I'll just abstain. Good luck. --The Merovingian (C - E) 09:15, 25 June 2006 (CDT)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What duties, if any, would you anticipate helping with? Please check out Battlestar Wiki:Project List's for a list of projects.
- A. I have been a major player making Battlestar Wiki icon images for the Site Images project making sure that all project have images relating to the subject matter (see section 2) but I have also helped out with some other projects. I have uploaded DVD quality screenshots from Series 1 and the Miniseries and I hope to be able to upgrade many more images once my Season 2 DVD's arrive. Recently I have also been learning how to use relevant wiki syntax to create tables and template and have been working on a new template to replace the Battle pages. Still on the subject of images I have been making sure the Island is nice and tidy using images where relevant in the new "gallery" section on some of the ship pages and also making sure they are correctly tagged and sourced. I also dont mind trawling though correcting minor details such as the change from Mini-series to Miniseries and Humano Cylon to Cylon-Agent and wont be afraid to do such menial tasks in the future.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions here, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. I think definitly I am most pleased about the Images I have created for the Wiki. Most of the Battlestar Wiki icon images were created by me and are now on pretty much every page. I also hope in the future to do images for the rest of the site. skinning the buttons for example. I hope to be a much bigger player in the overal design in the future and already helped out with the deisgn of the new main page a few weeks ago.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A. Yes... but only very minor. A few weeks ago when Fordsierra4x4 joined he overwrote the current Image of the month with what I perceved as of a lower quality. I reverted this change back to the original Promo shot from SciFi. Ford then reverted my revert back to his image. Ultimatly I then reverted back again to the original image and put a vote in the talk page. In the end it was voted to keep the original promo image. This was however when both Ford and I were new to the wiki and I think everything between us is now resolved :)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page. No further edits should be made to this page.