Battlestar Wiki:Requests for adminship/April Arcus
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a successful request for adminship. Please do not modify it.
Vote here (6/0/0) ending 01:06 28 December 2005 (UTC)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- Accepting, provided Joe approves of the RFA process getting underway. --April Arcus 18:33, 21 December 2005 (EST)
- Is this where I say this? Anyway, I think April would be a good administrator chiefly because of the experience I had working out the conflict resolution guidelines of Sacred Scrolls. I also often appriciate his edits of the material added by myself and others. He tends to cut out the excess verbage and get right to the point. --Day 01:06, 21 December 2005 (EST)
- I support this nomination. April has a singular balance of administrative, editorial, and wikipedian savvy that may rival any other contributor. His work in creating (and defending the principles of) several key projects that have helped define this wiki into the work it has become has benefitted everyone. --Spencerian 08:58, 21 December 2005 (EST)
- I support April's nomination for his balanced opinions, moderate voice, and open mindedness when it comes to major changes to the wiki. Above all, though, for his strong commitment to the project. --Mason 09:54, 21 December 2005 (EST)
- I support this nomination as well. A voice of reason in arguments, a solid contributor/editor, and an excellent organizer (through the projects). April has taught me a lot in the few direct interactions we've had, and does a good job of leading by example. I think it is pretty obvious that this will not be a controversial nomination. --Steelviper 10:46, 21 December 2005 (EST)
- April has proven to be a thoughtful, thorough yet concise contributor. He has (far, far more often than not) exhibited admirable patience and a sense of enlightened diplomacy (at times because of his lack of comment). These qualities, I strongly feel, establish him as one of two ideal choices for adminship. --Watcher 06:47, 22 December 2005 (EST)
- I would also like to support Farago; he's like the Silent Bob of this wiki. --Ricimer 21:15, 22 December 2005 (EST)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What duties, if any, would you anticipate helping with? Please check out Category:Project Pages for a list of projects.
- A. I have started and contributed heavily to numerous projects, and have a fairly extensive to-do list available at my user page.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions here, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. The Twelve Colonies series; various tallies and minutiae; the Citation Jihad.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page. No further edits should be made to this page.