User:Matthew R Dunn
|Matthew R Dunn|
|This user is away|
|Name||Matthew Robert Dunn|
|Date of birth|
|Age||June 23, 1988|
Age - 32
|Location||North Wales, UK|
|Siblings||1 brother, 2 sisters|
|Marital Status||Single :(|
|Star of Kobol|
|Matthew R Dunn is a Chief|
|Matthew R Dunn is a Senior Chief|
|Matthew R Dunn supported the 2007 WGA strike.|
Six Degrees of Separation
Valley of Darkness
Exodus, Part II
He That Believeth in Me
Sometimes a Great Notion
Hello fellow BSG fans, my name is Matthew R Dunn and I too am a BSG fan (although my fav sci-fi show is Stargate). I will make appearances and do some editing now and then. My hobbies include listening to music (favourite bands are Coldplay, Travis and Muse), walking (I like to stay in shape), drawing and watching sci-fi.
Top 10 reasons to watch Battlestar
According to the Letterman show;
- 10: Galen Tyrol: In the dramatic season opening episode, we save 15% by switching our insurance to Geico.
- 9: D'Anna Biers: You'll find out what's in the hatch and who gets off the island. Crap, wrong show.
- 8: Gaius Baltar: My character creates his own line of "honey roasted space nuts."
- 7: Sharon Agathon: What else are you going to do, read a book?
- 6: Number Six: There's a good chance you'll see me naked.
- 5: Saul Tigh: There's a good chance you'll see me naked.
- 4: Lee Adama: New FTL drives will allow the colonial fleet to better adjust to gravitational variations and achieve maximum superluminal travel to outrun the pursuing cylon basestars... I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.
- 3: Kara Thrace: We engage in a life-and-death battle against evil robots. You know, same shit as last year.
- 2: Laura Roslin: I take on the most challenging task of my political career, doing a lame top ten list on a third-rate talk show.
- 1: William Adama: Watch me lead us into war against the Cylons without an exit strategy.
Battlestar Galactica stuff
Why I love Battlestar Galactica
I love the show for two main reasons;
- The show is well written, if I never seen Stargate or Doctor Who, I would easily choose this as my favourite Sci-fi show.
- The background music, I love the way you can mix various types of cultural music, such as Indian, Middle Eastern, Celtic, classical and rock music.
- William Adama
- Laura Roslin (she can either be your best friend, or most powerful enemy. I'd rather get on her good side)
- Galen Tyrol
- Number Six (she may be evil, but with looks like that, who cares)
- Felix Gaeta
Favourite space battles
My thoughts on when BSG is set in Earth's standards
I had always wondered when the show is set, according to the Earth calendar. I then had a couple of dreams that when the Battlestar Galactica and it's fleet went to Earth, that it was sometime between the years 2013-2020. Personally, I thought it was set in the past. However, now that I've seen Revelations, turns out my dreams were sort of right, and my own personal opinion had been wrong.
Battlestar Galactica dreams
Well, I wrote down my dreams on Stargate and Dr Who wiki, so it's only fair I should add some of the few Battlestar dreams I had;
- It was many years ago, but I sort of remembered a dream about Wallace and Gromit in their own version of the original series. I remember Wallace was Adama and Gromit was his dog (obviously).
- In a crossover with Stargate, one of the Number Eights was being treated by Dr. Carson Beckett. It was set in the Stargate universe and she doesn't remember a thing.
- Some of my friends got kidnapped, and it turns out one of the leaders was a Number Six, with the Gina hair colour.
- On some desert-like planet, Anders and Lee Adama was just sitting aroun, doing absolutely nothing.
- Show was set in between 2013-2020.
- A crossover with Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, and Star Trek: Voyager. Colonel Carter was on the BSG Vipers and comes to the Daedalus, that is actually the Battlestar Galactica but with its systems dead. When she gets there, she tries to jump away, but it jumped to 7 miles below a planet’s surface. The USS Voyager found them and beamed the ship to space again.
- There were a group of Cylons in a convoy, particularly the One, Four and Five models. Next, the rebel band, the Two, Six and Eight models, lead by a Three ride in horses and boxes the bad Cylons in and kills them by shooting at them and throwing grenades into a car, before the rebels flee and the convoy blows up. Apparently this took place in a terraformed Mars.
- I was on the same bus with Kara Thrace and "Hot Dog". Starbuck avoided going anywhere near me, and Hot Dog then took a close seat which obscured my view.
- Bill Bailey did a gig, and made fun of some Cylon centurions, which he shouldn;t have done, since the Cylons were right in front of him.
More may follow;