Welcome to Battlestar Wiki!
Battlestar Wiki is an encyclopedia on officially-licensed stories, aired episodes, and other products of the Battlestar universes. Make sure that your contributions fit Battlestar Wiki's purpose, avoiding what we aren't.
Our editing standards and conventions policies may differ from other wikis, especially in verb tense and voice, capitalization and the like. Please read this policy. We have an editing tutorial and wiki markup codes to help you.
Our policies on original research differ from places such as Wikipedia. We allow some research based on aired episode content, but don't allow speculation that isn't supported from episode events. Battlestar Wiki does not allow fan fiction articles.
Battlestar Wiki's many projects help improve our content. Are you an Original Series fan? Help out in the Original Series Article Project. Non-English versions of Battlestar Wiki also need contributors, and helpers for our podcast transcriptions are also welcome. New projects should be brought to our Think Tank, where we hash out large-scale ideas before implementing them.
Any questions about an article can be entered on the article's talk page. General questions about the wiki can be brought to the Quorum or the chiefs' noticeboard. Please sign your posts on any talk page by simply entering four tildes (~~~~), which will be automatically replaced with your name and a time stamp.
Remember that talk pages are for questions about the article connected to that talk page, and aren't for long discussions about the show. To chat as much as you'd like about the show (or other topics), why not set up a free account on the Battlestar Forum bulletin board?
It's a nice name to have, but can we add some number etc. It's to close to some of the policy pages that we have and I don't people to see "User:Real" and think this is a article on "Real" user's. Thanks in advance. Just reply here to what you want your name to be. Shane (T - C - E) 23:34, 1 November 2007 (CDT)
Personally I don't see where the confusion would occur. OTW 12:25, 2 November 2007 (CDT)
- I don't there is much if any confusion either. The real template says "this article is written from the real point of view". Does this really make anyone think that a user is meant? --Serenity 12:44, 2 November 2007 (CDT)
- I don't see the confusion either. Shane told me about this last night before I went to bed, and so I didn't look into it. I'll rescind the warning. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Sanctuary Wiki — New 12:53, 2 November 2007 (CDT)
- It might be Real, anyway. (Real Madrid, Montreal, etc.) Or not... just throwing in the i18n angle. --Steelviper 16:33, 2 November 2007 (CDT)
- Thanks for the feedback. If it would be better, I could change the name to "Real Too". Just tell me how to do that. --Real 11:46, 5 November 2007 (CST)
- Do it. --Real 11:58, 5 November 2007 (CST)
- Thanks, Joe; appreciate the help. And it was sure fun to sound like Adama or Roslin there for a minute . . . ! --Real Too 14:19, 5 November 2007 (CST)