Welcome to Battlestar Wiki!
Welcome to the Wiki, Kkimball. Feel free to tell us about yourself on your user page. Before you get started on other edits, please read the Battlestar Wiki:Standards and Conventions, which details the policies we use in editing pages (this differs from many other wikis in consistent use of phrasing, abbreviations, format, and the like).
Also, if you have any questions or suggestions you wish to offer, please feel free to do so either on your user talk page, the Wikipedian Quorum or Administrators' noticeboard. Remember to sign your posts on any talk pages using four tildes (~~~~)! We look forward to your contributions to the community! --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 15:39, 28 June 2006 (CDT)
I revert your edit on Episode 3.1 because it was clearly unoffical info. Please read BW:CJ. Concisely, if info is not from Sci-Fi Channel, interviews with cast/crew, official press releases, or from aired content, it is probably not acceptable here. --FrankieG 16:15, 29 June 2006 (CDT)
"...but is not to be slavishly obeyed..." To quote the citation Jihad. It is information from Gateworld.com, which is nearly always accurate on such matters. Kkimball 21:58, 29 June 2006 (CDT)
- In this case, I must concur with Frankie. Unless the information is from an official press release from NBC/Universal (which any site, including Gateworld, could repost and we could accept), we can't and shouldn't try to determine its authenticity. All sources NOT NBC, Universal, or Sci-Fi MUST provide 'it's source for the information. This and other episode articles of season 3 have had similar information reverted for this reason--no matter how tantalizing the news may be. Last season we dealt with episode confusion from BOTH official and unofficial sources that required excessive edits, so this minimizes the issue altogether. Best to leave titles and episode details quite alone; these also tend to change after post-production but before airing. --Spencerian 22:11, 29 June 2006 (CDT)
- The order of those acceptable sources is not to be slavishly obeyed, but Gateworld is not a reliable source in the first place. --April Arcus 00:16, 30 June 2006 (CDT)
Season 3 Trailer Discussion
- Was that Felix Gaeta with the mask? Kkimball 11:43, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Why is Ellen Tigh having such a bad hair day, and who is her captive? Kkimball 11:43, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- Who do you think is Gaius asking to kill him? Kkimball 11:43, 24 July 2006 (CDT)
- It was definately not Gaeta. There is actually heated and lengthy debate on the messageboards as to whether it is Starbuck or Jammer. We've resorted to even comparing facial moles and such but have reached no firm conclusion. Their cheekbones are surprisingly similar.
- Cavil. You can tell from the back of his head; same hairstyle.
- No idea. --The Merovingian (C - E) 11:58, 24 July 2006 (CDT)