On the March 19, 2008 broadcast of the late-night CBS talk show, Late Night with David Letterman, most of the central cast of the Re-imagined Series presented The Top Ten Reasons to Watch the New Season of Battlestar Galactica. The cast was assembled as a humorous promotion of Season 4, the final season of the Re-imagined Series, and appeared in costume and generally in character (although Jamie Bamber delivered his joke with his natural accent). The actors were introduced by their character names, not their real names.
Letterman's humorous Top Ten lists are renowned to poke fun at news, politics, entertainment or other stories in the United States and elsewhere, and while usually read by Letterman himself, are occasionally delivered by surprise celebrity guests.
Each item on the list was read by one cast member as follows.
10. Chief Galen Tyrol (Aaron Douglas): "In the dramatic season opening episode, we saved 15% by switching our insurance to GEICO."
4. Lee Adama (Jamie Bamber): "New FTL drives will better allow the Colonial Fleet to adjust to gravitational variations and achieve maximum superluminal travel to outrun the pursuing Cylon basestars--I don't know what the hell I'm talking about!"
And the number one reason:
The video is available at the official Late Night with David Letterman web site.
Behind the scenes
- Paparazzi photographs taken as the cast arrived at the studios for the taping reveal that Nicki Clyne (Cally Tyrol) was present, although she does not appear in the skit.
- See Also
- Battlestar Galactica: The Phenomenon|BSG: The Phenomenon
- Battlestar Galactica: Revealed|BSG: Revealed
- Season 4 (2008)/Upfront|BSG Upfront
- Season 4 (2008)/Promos|Other S4 Promos