Talk:Unnamed Colonial vessels/Archive 1
Two Galactica Types at Shipyards?
I think there might have actually been two unnamed G type battlestars at the shipyards. The first is in the pic on the page, the second is hit by missiles later on. You can tell they are different battlestars because of their docking arrangements. --OrionFour 17:59, 13 December 2007 (CST)
- Mhhh yeah, the one destroyed isn't enclosed on two sides. It depends on how much stock we want to put in that establishing shot. There are so many effects shots, that they don't necessarily need to be consistent. The battle footage ads up, but the establishing shot seems to be slightly different anyways. Also in regard to the Valkyrie types, though they can be mainly under the superstructure and thus partially obscured. I'd rather chalk it up as a slight discrepancy. --Serenity 18:12, 13 December 2007 (CST)
- Yeah that's true. There are a few moments of indiscrepancy in the establishing shots. A good example is how sometimes the Valkyrie types have a spoiler in the back and sometimes they don't. I've seen that thing in the orthos before but I thought they had killed the idea. Also, ships don't always seem to be in the places they were before.
- I think this is pretty clear-cut however, but unless there is some other huge revelation (which I doubt) I think this is probably as far as we want to go with it. We also need to decide if the place where we have the Berzerk is adequate or if we need to move it to a place where it will be found by searching for ships. --OrionFour 23:39, 13 December 2007 (CST)
- We could create an own page for that ship, but it will have an unsearchable name and we don't know much about it anyways. I think that Scorpion Fleet Shipyards is by far the likeliest place anyone will expect that vessel at (together with the closely tied battle page) and the article is very short otherwise.
- I see that Joe created Unknown craft (RDM), and there are some unnamed designs in the civilian fleet. But those already have own articles. My personal preference is just to not have information unnecessarily scattered over x pages. See the problem with Wikipedia. --Serenity 03:10, 14 December 2007 (CST)
- According to one of the CGI artists, the battlestar with a lot of boxes in the middle is called a Beserk Class escort. Here is his web page www.irrationaldesigns.com--Farragut 22:36, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Excellent catch, Farragut, and welcome! We can't quite break out this battlestar by name since it's still unclear if the name was created by the artist but may not be used canonically by the writers of the show. Still, the source data is perfect and can be added to the article. --Spencerian 23:31, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Perhaps there are indeed two Galactica type vessels docked there. If we consider them to be de-comissioned or whatever, this would fit with Cain's comment in Pegasus that "five ships, two of them battlestars, died right there" - the five ships being the two Galactica types, the Bezerk, and the two Valkyrie type Battlestars.
This idea rather falls down unless we assume that the two galactica class ships, or some combination of Galactica/Valkyrie class is no longer considered a "battlestar." But at the very least the numbers fit. --Griffine-2-6 18:58, 30 July 2009 (GMT)
As likely the two (or one) Galactica types were decommissioned from service for scrapage and therefore no longer considered active battlestarsVARGR 20:24, 24 November 2012 (EST)
Suggestion to rename article
In light of the large amount of ships being added to this page that may or may not be classed as battlestars, I suggest this article be renamed "Unnamed Colonial Military Vessels" or something similar YIIMM 18:55, 16 November 2012 (EST)
- I agree. Especially the "Defender" type is not a battlestar. It is seen in the refugefleet and we know the only ship in the refugefleet with weapons was the Adriatic and that ship got lost...
- Just to be a part of the fleet seen in BAC makes this ship not a Battlestar (or a military ship). We can see at least 2 Celestra ships in this fleet too. Maybe this article can be renamed in "Unnamed Colonial Vessels" and then split it into "apparently military use" and "apparently civilian use" or so --Enabran 18:36, 17 November 2012 (EST)
Another indentified class not meantioned on this page
There is a Berzerk class ship seen in "The Plan" and "Razor", but also there are two ships of almost identical design that appear at Scorpion Shipyards exept that they much smaller and have a slightly different central section. VARGR 20:32, 24 November 2012 (EST)
[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh49/_VARGR_/Unknownshipslocations.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh49/_VARGR_/med_gallery_187_23479.jpg[/IMG] VARGR 20:32, 24 November 2012 (EST)
It is largely considered to be a sfx production error along with the over sized Galactica type. --RedWolf 05:38, 25 November 2012 (EST)
I really wouldn't call it an error though as the central section of the ships are very different whilst the rest being the same design. They clearly are different vessels cause of this and both clearly appear onscreen together so they must be different ship types. In my opinion what appears onscreen should be considered the higher canon. VARGR 12:59, 25 November 2012 (EST)
Galactica type seen next to Galactica in Blood and Chrome ep1
If you look very carefully you can make out part of the name of the other Gal type battlestar. From what I can tell the end part of its name is "-CTER". I can't make out the other letters yet unfortunally, but hopefully when better quality images come out when it airs on the show the name might be revealed. VARGR 19:04, 29 November 2012 (EST)
- Can you post a screen? My screenshots show nothing, heck, I can't even make out Galactica's name. Frylock86 23:09, 29 November 2012 (EST)
- I wouldn't count on a clearer shot coming out due to the nameplates being lit and B&C having considerable bloom and lens flair. In any case, with 95% certainty, the last letters on that ship aren't "-CTER" but "-CTICA". Those two other battlestars are simply the original Galactica models copied and pasted; for a quick shot like this (especially one which was lifted directly from The Plan), the CG artists probably wouldn't bother adding a different nameplate. YIIMM 10:06, 30 November 2012 (EST)
Two unknown ships to be seen in Blood and Chrome ep3 at the Ghost Fleet
I'd like to point out two candidates for this page. See attached picture. The ship underneath a "Catamaran" type ship seems to sport two flight pods with a large upperstructure in the main hull and blister-like engine housing (left and bottom right part of the picture, seen from two angles). And there's a smaller ship visible with a sort of "handle" above its engines between a "Loki" type and "Galactica" type (upper right part of the attached picture) .
Mind if I edit the wikipage accordingly? -- Geo 20:57, 16 December 2012 (GMT-1)