Greetings from Earth/Deleted scenes
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
From the DVD set
From the episode script
- In the classroom, there are more educational lessons.
- After Adama makes the decision to let the ship go and Apollo and Starbuck leave his quarters, Tigh says,
- Tigh: "The council will boil you both alive."
- Adama: "My son may never come back. That ship could be on a phantom course set by some space pioneers a thousand yahren ago. You think I'm worried about what happens to me?"
- Tigh: "Then why let them go?"
- Adama: "Because the civilization we seek is getting close and I do not intend to destroy their first emissaries."
- Tigh: "You instead risk your own son."
- Adama: "What better sign can I give the council that I believe with all my heart that we are doing the right thing." :Adama turns to the window and Tigh places a hand on his shoulder.