Battlestar Wiki:Think Tank/Username policy
- This is an archive successful proposal that was vetted through the Think Tank, a place where ideas of all kinds are proposed and worked upon by the community prior to implementation. Please do not modify this proposal.
Battlestar Wiki administrators should reserve the option to request contributors to change their user name (or unilaterally force a change in certain instances) to avoid confusion with characters, events, and other Battlestar Galactica-related names, or to maintain appropriateness and civility.
* What is the benefit of this proposal to the wiki?
This article will establish administrator and bureaucrat guidelines (and official language for users) in determining if a name is inappropriate and what to do to effect a name change.
* What is involved in implementing this idea?
The only items needed are the guidelines here as approved.
* Who is going to do it?
See the proposed policy page.
* Why should we do it at all?
Periodically, contributors sign in with user names that are too similar to an article name, contain words that may be seem vulgar or insulting to others (in violation of our civility policies), or "plays the system" by using website addresses or other promotional concepts. As Battlestar Wiki already provides a place for users with fan fiction or fan site information, a user name is probably not appropriate for this purpose.
* How will we use the idea?
Use only as directed by a contributor or administrator. Not for use by children. Your mileage may vary. Valid in Wisconsin.
* Should the proposal pass, when will work start on this idea?
The proposed policy page will have all that is needed for any administrator to handle this matter. Bureaucrats have the power to perform both functions.
* Where will this idea be implemented? (e.g. Will it be on certain types of pages or the entire Wiki in general?)
The policy page will state the policy and the administrator instruction.
See the talk page of this proposal for discussion. See also Battlestar Wiki:Think Tank/Username policy/Proposed policy for the policy itself.
- The above is an archive of a proposal that was vetted through the Think Tank. Please do not modify or edit this archived proposal.