Ideas for defraying operating expenses.
Potentially Good Ideas
- Build/buy our own server. If we had our own server, the main expense would be bandwidth related (plus colocation rent)
- Rent server space for personal use... (http://www.battlestarwiki/~user/)
- Banner ads on wiki to general sites at Amazon, for referral cash
- Donation drive featured on the main page
- When there is a budget, advertise the battlestarwiki on google/yahoo to increase traffic, which should ultimately increase ad impressions, donations, and referral sales revenue.
- Delay purchase of new mop. Mopping with a worn-out mop builds character (or something).
- Layoffs. (Well, we might have to hire some staff in order to fire them... but look at how well it works for the auto industry, and the airlines. Oh.)
- Deficit spending. (Look how well it works for the government.)
- "Invest" donations in the lottery. (Hey. It could happen.)
- Letting our sense of morals stand in the way of doing what is right.
- Allow Cylon Access