Things We Lock Away
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
- Zoe-A finds Tamara-A, bringing them both to new insights. Daniel Graystone learns that ousting Tomas Vergis will not be enough to satisfy his Ha'la'tha partners. Lacy Rand is imprisoned by Clarice Willow, who is herself being spied upon by Amanda Graystone.
- There is a Messenger Zoe who appeared to original Zoe and now appears to Zoe-A. She appeared in the form of Zoe's teenage self even before Zoe was that old.
- Zoe credits Messenger Zoe with saving her from the fire that burned down the Graystones' old home. This is reminiscent of Messenger Six saving Gaius Baltar from the burning Raptor 1 (TRS: "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II"). On that occasion, Messenger Six appeared in place of Crashdown, an ability which Messenger Zoe demonstrates during Zoe-A's fight in New Cap City by appearing in place of the people fighting her.
- This is the first time that a Messenger is shown to be actively promoting the creation of artificial sentience, through encouragement to design the new life that would become Zoe-A. Until this point, Messengers had been seen taking an interest only in guiding and protecting Cylons and humans through problems that arise out of the conflict between them.
- Sister Clarice is correct in believing that Zoe was divinely inspired, or at least inspired by the agent of the closest thing to a god known to exist in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica/Caprica universe.
- Nestor survived the bombing of Clarice's car, as stated by an article in The Caprican months before this episode aired.
- Young Zoe has black hair like teenage Zoe, making it more likely that this is her natural color. A natural brunette would almost never have a blonde and a redhead for parents. Interestingly, Alessandra Toressani is a natural blonde.
- Will Daniel's involvement in Vergis's death ever be discovered? Is Serge a witness?
- Does Vergis commit suicide because he does not believe that he and Daniel have a good chance of defeating the Ha'la'tha or because he would rather die than join forces with Daniel?
- Will the general populace ever discover the true perpetrator of the Maglev bombing, or at least Zoe's lack of involvement?
- If Lacy does go to Gemenon, what will she do there? (Answer) Will she ever return to Caprica?
- Is Messenger Zoe akin to Messenger Six, Messenger Baltar, and Messenger Leoben? If not, how does she differ?
- Is Messenger Zoe the same individual as one of these Messengers, but in another form?
- Given that Zoe may have been the basis for the Sixes (see Caprica Season 2) and that Messenger Zoe was only introduced because Tricia Helfer was unavailable to play Messenger Six, is it especially likely that Messenger Zoe is Messenger Six?
- Why is Messenger Zoe encouraging the development of the Cylons?
- How did Messenger Zoe save Zoe from the fire in her old home?
- Did the Messengers involve themselves in the development of artificial sentience at other times in history, on Earth or on Kobol?
- What led to original Zoe's personality change, from the happy optimist she was when she first created Zoe-A to the comparatively dour and hostile young woman whom she and Zoe-A became soon thereafter?
- Did Zoe tell Clarice about Messenger Zoe? If so, is that related to Clarice's belief that Amanda's visions of her brother Darius were significant?
- What will Zoe-A and Tamara-A do? (Answer)
- The original idea was for Tricia Helfer to appear in this episode as Messenger Six, but her shooting schedule disallowed it and Messenger Zoe was shown instead.
- Tomas Vergis translates from Tauron, explaining his reason for wanting Daniel Graystone to kill him:
- Vergis: "Control your return to the soil," meaning plan your death. I am Tauron. It is important to me to die at the moment and time of my choosing. I choose here, now, at the hands of my enemy.