"Raptor 1" is also the designation of the lead Raptor of the SAR party deployed in "Fragged", and another Raptor in "Home, Part II" that makes an intra-atmos entry in Kobol's atmosphere to find Laura Roslin.
After entering Kobol's orbit, a phalanx of Cylon Raiders happens upon them suddenly. Raptor 3 is destroyed in orbit via collision with a Raider, Raptor 2 is ordered to jump back to Galactica, and Raptor 1 is damaged as a result of the fracas - shot once, sending it into an uncontrolled counter-clockwise spin, and then a second time, breaching the crew cabin and killing the pilot, Karma.
Crashdown manages to ditch near an overgrown field, near ruins presumed to be from humanity pre-Exodus. During the crash, Socinus is badly burned, but the remaining six survive relatively unscathed. The survivors take cover in a nearby forest, but Tarn is gunned down by Cylon ground forces while retrieving a medical kit lost in the confusion. Socinus succumbs to his injuries shortly thereafter, and is euthanized by Tyrol.
After burying the two, the remaining five observe Cylon Centurions constructing a DRADIS dish and missile battery to intercept Galactica's SAR party. Crashdown formulates a plan to take out the Cylon forces, but is killed by Baltar after drawing a gun on Cally Henderson when the plan goes awry.
The SAR party manages to evade the Cylon missiles and rescue the four survivors. It is likely that Raptor 1 is left behind on Kobol.
Raptor 1 is composed of eight crew persons.
- Vice President Gaius Baltar
- Specialist Cally Henderson
- CPO Galen Tyrol - shot in right arm
- Specialist Diana Seelix - shot in right leg
- Karma: KIA prior to crash landing (Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II)
- Tarn: KIA from a Cylon ambush (Scattered)
- Specialist Socinus: dies from pulmonary edema and deliberate morpha overdose (Valley of Darkness)
- Lieutenant Alex "Crashdown" Quartararo: KIA from a shot in the back from Dr. Baltar (Fragged)