Battlestar Wiki:Original Series Article Development Project
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
|| This page is one of Battlestar Wiki's many projects.|
This page serves to coordinate discussion on a particular aspect of this Wiki. The formal recommendations of a project may be treated as policies.
The Original Series Article Development Project is a long-winded title for a fairly large project to develop articles relating to the original Battlestar Galactica.
"The Man with Nine Lives" is the current featured episode. Contributors are encouraged to watch the featured episode and update its episode summary and help work on the episode's to do list.
Article Todo List by Episode
Feel free to add to the list of any episode, or add an episode that hasn't been listed yet.
Saga of a Star World
A transcript of the episode can be found here.
Articles that have been worked on, but need verification before crossing out as completed.
- Arts and Entertainment of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - tucana singers, gambling
- Blonde Taurus - seems pertinent enough for an article of her own...
- Added bit about "most practical form" as well as the "bigger, stronger, interchangable parts"
- Fashions of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - more screencaps and descriptions of carillon patrons, maybe add the council's dress (especially the more diverse opening council)
- Gold Cluster - to be awarded to Apollo, Starbuck, and Boomer by Sire Uri, the military's highest honor
- Government of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - government, Quorum of Twelve (TOS), concept of referendum on Carillon (disarmament issue)
- Imperious Leader - one of the main eps for this character
- Society of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - society, such as religion (Otori sect)
- Technology of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - Languatron, etc.
Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I
- ale - swiped for the party
- Cylon listening post - needs a second verification
- Some confusion on the raider count.
- Imperious Leader - at the beginning (should we note the peace offer discrepancy between the epilogue and this ep?)
- Lucifer - first mission
Lost Planet of the Gods, Part II
- seal: a description of the ceremony
- Needs audio capture (according to talk page). --Steelviper 12:47, 16 January 2007 (CST)
The Lost Warrior
The Long Patrol
- Aerian merchant code - used by Robber, Cassie recognizes it
- Alpha Six quadrant - mentioned by CORA?
- asteroid dust
- Crodan - where the "agro parts" were going to
- Deathstone - terminology (instead of own page), tombstone
- Frodo system - Where Frodo moved from after the Shire became a boring place for him... it is now filled with some "nasty buggers"
- Laser generator - Viper part that makes the lasers go, removed from the Recon viper
- Could possibly be merged with Laser pump. See talk page.
- Maitre d' - added pic and added a reference to his explaination of the "before the war" comments
- Pulse generator - Viper part related to engines, extra one added to Recon viper
- Quintara - the star cluster mentioned in a deleted scene
- Sanitation ship - spoils the view (but not really)
- short range marker beacon - used to track the Recon viper without breaking comms blackout
- Starchaser - name painted on the side of the Recon viper
The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part I
Arcta - spellcheck of aricle name against subtitles, concordance says Arkta
Barge Lice - reference points to Baltar's escape, but may be from Gun (I or II)
Grid Rats - see above
7-11: a game that Boomer mentions that Cree's instructor may be playing back on Galactica
- Moved to Prison Barge inmates, with redirects.
The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part II
The Magnificent Warriors
The Young Lords
- Adama's quarters - needs a pic
- Attila - spellcheck, I've seen Attila, Antilla, etc.
- Attila is the correct spelling, per the DVD subtitles. This is also reinforced by the book relating to it, apparently. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 23:08, 25 January 2007 (CST)
- Canus patrol - the patrol that attacks Starbuck and Boomer
- Should we even bother to note the Cylon, identified as "Canus patrol leader", who survives the dogfight with Starbuck and Boomer? -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 23:08, 25 January 2007 (CST)
- Command chamber
- Delta-class planet - Description of the planet
- Metron bomb - Lucifer says Specter's getting an awful lot
- Omega sector - location of the planet
- Petro - another suspicious horde item, possibly petroleum reference?
- Scorched planet policy - variation on "scorched Earth" developed by Specter
- Tin cans - terminology, euphemism for Centurions/Cylons (is a redirect to Centurions (TOS))
- Worship bell - rung by the Cylons to indicate agreement with the exchange of prisoners
The Living Legend, Part I
The Living Legend, Part II
Fire in Space
- Boraton mist control center - maybe a redirect to "battlestar", and mention its existence in there.
- Centura - list of terms, "Adama doesn't have a chance in a centuron if..."
- Compartment bulyarks
- Finite microlaser - surgical tool used by Salik when working on Adama
- Fireleader - head firefighter
- Fumarello case - a case for holding fumarellos, maybe equivalent to a humidor?
- Galactica (TOS) - We can use some of the info in this episode to expand a bit on the layout.
- Gyro - redirect to battlestar, mention that gyros are part of the navigational/stability control
- Laser scalpel - yet more doctor gear, another entry for the life sciences page as well
- Life mask - see breather
- megapressure pump
- scanners - sensors, Galactica has hers knocked out by the exploding Raider
- telecom - term for internal comms, redirect to list of terms
- ultrasonic scrub - preop sterilizing procedure, maybe put a see-also to trek's "sonic showers"?
- Uniforms (TOS) - Need to add the fire clothing, space suits, and surgical scrubs depicted in this ep.
- Wavelon - used in this ep
War of the Gods, Part I
War of the Gods, Part II
The Man with Nine Lives
We should probably do a series of articles similar to the RDM "Twelve Colonies" series that Peter started. Here's an idea:
- I'll start this one as named... do we want to port it over to unnamed characters like the RDM version is now? --Steelviper 08:14, 17 January 2007 (CST)
Pictures needed for...
- Maybe the big blue squadron/galactica logo that's up in the officer's club? --Steelviper 08:14, 17 January 2007 (CST)