Massive Rewrite in Progress
I started to work on this article. I'm hoping to phase out the "missions" list by incorporating the relevant missions into the bio narrative. The same may go with the other subcategories. Hopefully, this article will end up looking as similar as possible to Kara Thrace, such that the look and feel of the TOS main characters are uniform. Granted, Kara has a lot more material to draw from, but that means I can be a little more verbose in the bio narrative without running into size restrictions. I'll also need to find some good pics to insert inline like Kara's. --Steelviper 16:57, 15 February 2006 (EST)
- As part of the rewrite, I think it be more efficient to combine the Starbuck (1980) article into the Starbuck (TOS) article. This idea also applies to the Adama (1980) and Boomer (1980) articles. What does everyone think? -- Nwobkwr 17:11, 28 April 2006 (CDT)
I did NOT put Megan in the text... but I did blindly link it (I was pretty sure there was an article by that name). My bad... --Steelviper 21:25, 15 February 2006 (EST)
I updated his character template pic. If nobody objects, I'll probably end up deleting the more promo-looking shot it replaced. I'm also trying to come up with ideas for two wide shots for this page for the bio section. Stuff that sums up Starbuck (but with only two pictures). One idea I had is the pic over at Pyramid (TOS). Smoking, drinking (fruit juice), cards, and jelly beans. I'm by no means set on that though. The pics over at Kara Thrace highlight major events in the bio, but nothing is standing out for me right now on Starbuck. (Perhaps as I fill in the bio more, something will present itself). --Steelviper 22:07, 15 February 2006 (EST)
Starbuck, Starbuck, Starbuck...
Most of the paragraphs in the Bio narrative start with "Starbuck". If somebody could come up with literary devices to avoid that (like the Kara thrace article), that'd be cool. --Steelviper 11:37, 16 February 2006 (EST)
- Done. --Spencerian 11:55, 16 February 2006 (EST)
- Thanks! I hadn't noticed the change, as when you scan down through Recent Changes "Steelviper" doesn't look all that different from "Spencerian". --Steelviper 12:52, 16 February 2006 (EST)
Missing entire episode!
- The Return of Starbuck is, if memory serves, a Galactica 1980 episode, in which case the bio part you referred to should be at Starbuck (1980). --Catrope(Talk to me or e-mail me) 07:53, 28 September 2007 (CDT)
- As Catrope said, "Return of Starbuck" is a G80 episode. When sizable enough to warrant it, we tend to separate the 1980 series information from TOS information since they're two separate series. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Sanctuary Wiki — New 09:50, 28 September 2007 (CDT)
- Okay, right. May I suggest a "See also" that links these two articles, since they are pretty continuitous? A note about this episode in particular might be good in this article's "Notes" section too. My concern would be that most people who were not die-hard fans already in 1980 (I did have that privilege >;-) have never seen G80 (though I think it just came out on DVD quite recently) and so may be entirely unaware that he (character and actor) make an appearance in the show. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 14:20, 28 September 2007 (CDT)