Battlestar Wiki:Tutorial (Wrap-up and more info)
|Battlestar Wiki Tutorial|
There! You now know the most important things needed for contributing here. Any comments or feedback on this tutorial? Feel like something wasn't explained well enough, or want to know about something that isn't here? Let us know by dropping a comment on this page's talk page. We will be sure to clarify it and/or add it!
Of course, one can always learn more. We've tried to keep this tutorial short so that you can start editing as easily as possible, but that means there are lots of topics we haven't covered. The links below are pages you might find useful as you continue your work on the wiki.
If you see something below that interests you, or that you know will be particularly relevant to your work here, go ahead and read it, or bookmark it and come back later.
Advice and general information
- Welcome, newcomers explains the site and what to do here.
- Faux pas avoidance helps you avoid some common mistakes.
- Looking for other ways to improve articles? See Guide to improving articles.
- All of these are from Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Picture tutorial is a tutorial on image formatting.
- Wikipedia:How to use tables is a tutorial on the use of tables.
- Wikipedia:NPOV tutorial is a tutorial on how to write from a neutral perspective.
- Wikipedia:TeX markup is a list of the markup symbols we use.
Community and policy references
- Battlestar Wiki:Community Portal provides links to community resources—this page is always available in the navigation sidebar.
- Battlestar Wiki:Policy provides a listing of all the enforced polices
- Battlestar Wiki:Things you just don't do, not even in war provides a list of what not to do on Battlestar Wiki
- All pages — if you want a really complete index of everything to date in the Battlestar Wiki.
- MediaWiki User's Guide — a user's guide for the MediaWiki software that Battlestar Wiki runs on.