Welcome to Battlestar Wiki!
Greetings, Dogger55, and welcome to Battlestar Wiki! I'm pleased to tell you that you have full editing privileges on every wiki in the Battlestar Wiki network. I hope you enjoy your stay with us and am looking forward to your contributions to the Wiki! Why not begin by telling us a bit about yourself on your own user page?
As you may already know, Battlestar Wiki covers all the Battlestar Galactica series from past to present, in addition to authorized merchandise and separate continuity materials such as comics and tie-in novels. We do not cover fan fiction. We're also not a discussion site, although we do have an ever-growing Battlestar Forum where people can discuss the various shows and non-BSG topics as well!
To get started on the wiki, we suggest that you check out our tutorial, experiment in the sandbox (a test editing area for those learning wiki code), and review some of our basic policies (which have important differences from other SF wikis). For some general questions and answers about the navigation and operation of the Wiki, check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Of course, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you are more than welcome to bring them up at the Chiefs' noticeboard (which is frequented by the administrators of the Wiki) and at the Galactipedians' Quorum (which is the hub for contributors, who are called "Galactipedians").
Furthermore, if you don't wish to see the ads, then please consider upgrading your account to a paid membership, which costs only $10 USD a year and helps support the wiki financially. This membership also extends to the Battlestar Forum, where you can talk to other members about the show and most anything that you want to talk about to BSG fans! We think this is very cool, and we hope you do as well!
Thank you for joining us! Hope to see you soon! --LIMAFOX76 16:25, 27 June 2011 (EDT)
Regarding your edits on Talk:The Captain's Hand
Hi there! I've just been reviewing the editing logs, and noticed that you removed portions of Jmdoman's comments from 2010. Please do not edit anyone's comments, unless it is to change a dead link to an article, no matter how erroneous you feel they are. You can reply to those statements, but do not remove the other party's statements regarding pro-lifers. Thanks. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 18:23, 3 July 2011 (EDT)
- My bad. Earlier, I saw a comment that missed the context of a scene and felt uncomfortable simply deleting it without explanation, so I added a rebuttal. Noneofyourbusiness told me "When you see an error like that, you can just delete it." Revision, "Flight of the Phoenix" But I overlooked the distinction between talk pages and other pages, and I overstepped. Sorry; I'll try not to do that again. Dogger55 22:34, 3 July 2011 (EDT)
- PS: I would note, however, that the user Jmdoman was a right-wing troll. You welcomed him to the site at "06:29, 31 October 2010 (UTC) ". His only contributions were on the subject of abortion, as follows:
- 06:18, 31 October 2010 (diff | hist) Talk:The Captain's Hand (→"To Be, or Not... To Be")
- 06:17, 31 October 2010 (diff | hist) Talk:The Captain's Hand (→"Property"?)
- 06:16, 31 October 2010 (diff | hist) Talk:The Captain's Hand (→"To Be, or Not... To Be")
- 06:13, 31 October 2010 (diff | hist) Talk:The Captain's Hand (→"Property"?)
- 06:07, 31 October 2010 (diff | hist) Talk:The Captain's Hand (→Episode Impressions)
- Five comments in 11 minutes, all before you even knew he was here. He parachuted in and then just disappeared. The guy isn't a fan of your site or interested in contributing. He probably didn't even watch the show. He just used your page to advance his political agenda. Dogger55 08:25, 4 July 2011 (EDT)