Season 1 (1980)
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
A season of Galactica 1980
|Discuss this season at the|
|Number of Episodes||10 (list)|
|Executive Producer(s)||Glen A. Larson|
|US airdates||1980-01-27 - 1980-05-04|
|DVD release|| USA 2007-12-23 |
|Extended Info||First and final season of Galactica 1980.|
|Available at Amazon.com's Unbox – [ Purchase]|
Some thirty years following the exodus from the Twelve Colonies, the battlestar Galactica has finally found Earth.
Pivotal Plot Points
- The Fleet (now called the "Galactican Fleet") reaches Earth, but finds it technologically insufficient to repel any Cylon force.
- The Cylons have not attacked the Galctican Fleet in nearly a generation, leaving the Fleet to believe that the Cylons have forgotten about them. However, their true intention is to have the Fleet lead the Cylons to Earth, so that they may destroy the last remnants of human civilization.
- Dr. Zee, a young boy and "cerebral mutation", is the possible offspring from the Beings of Light. With his advanced knowledge, he creates many of the devices that the Warriors use, including the invisibility field and time warp synthesizer.
- Commander Xaviar, a member of the Quorum of Twelve goes rogue, in an attempt to advance Earth's technology by going back into her past.
- Troy and Dillon are sent to Earth in order to slowly acclimate Earth's level of technology so that it may be sufficient to repel the Cylon Alliance, in addition to preparing the way for settlement by the Colonials. In their mission, they recruit Jamie Hamilton, a reporter with a knowledge of Earth history.
- The first wave of settlement of Earth by the Colonials is the relocation of the Colonials' children, who are later dubbed the "Super Scouts". They are often left in the care of Hamilton.
- Lorne Greene as Commander Adama
- Kent McCord as Captain Troy
- Barry Van Dyke as Lieutenant Dillon
- Robyn Douglass as Jamie Hamilton
- Herb Jefferson Jr. as Colonel Boomer
- Robbie Rist as Doctor Zee (Pilot episode)
- James Patrick Stuart as Doctor Zee
- Glen A. Larson, creator, executive producer
- David J. O'Connell, supervising producer
- Gary B. Winter, producer
- Jeff Freilich, producer, writer
- Ben Kadish, producer
- Frank Lupo, producer, writer
- Dean J. Zanetos, co-producer
- David M. Garber, co-producer