Don Bellisario worked as a producer, scriptwriter and director on the original Battlestar Galactica television series. After Galactica, he went on to create Magnum P.I., Airwolf, Quantum Leap, JAG, and Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
He is credited for the following:
- Lost Planet of the Gods (writer)
- The Lost Warrior (writer)
- The Long Patrol (writer)
- Gun on Ice Planet Zero (writer)
- The Young Lords (writer, director)
- The Man With Nine Lives (writer, director)
- Murder on the Rising Star (writer)
- Baltar's Escape (writer)
- The Hand of God (writer, director)
Donald Paul Bellisario was born August 8, 1935 in North Charleroi, Pennsylvania. Bellisario served as a United States Marine in the 1950s. Graduating from Penn State University with a Bachelors in Journalism, Bellisario worked for 15 years writing advertisements before relocating to Hollywood. His military career has influenced his television and film work, starting with Baa Baa Black Sheep in the 1970's. His realistic depiction of military culture is one of his main contributions to Galactica.