Blood and Chrome
Depending on the success of this pilot, it may lead to a television series.
As of February 10, 2011, production had begun on the pilot. Principal photography wrapped at the end of February, and the pilot is currently in extensive post-production.
The pilot is slated to air in late 2011, or early 2012.
According to Taylor, the series is "about a young man's [William Adama] initiation into war: both the realities of war as fought by soldiers on the ground (and in Battlestars and Vipers), and the somewhat less real version portrayed in the media."
Further, Taylor points out that the scope of the series "isn't confined to Galactica. Far from it. It's a story that will take us to new corners of the Battlestar world (or worlds), and yet it aims to be a very contemporary war movie in a lot of ways. I would say I'm thinking as much of Afghanistan and Iraq--the reality of [The] Hurt Locker, Sebastian Junger's Restrepo, and similar movies--as I am about about the largely implied past of Battlestar."
Blood and Chrome was also meant to feature adult situations as, according to Taylor, the series will not "[shy] away from R-rated blood and guts and sex" due to it being initially meant for online consumption. Given its status as a televised feature, it is possible that the "adult situations" may be retooled to make it appropriate for broadcast with an unrated version appearing on DVD. This was the case with The Plan, which featured nudity and near-explicit sexual situations.
- Luke Pasqualino as pilot William "Husker" Adama
- Ben Cotton as Raptor ECO Coker Fasjovik
- Mike Dopud as Viper pilot Captain Deke "Minute Man" Tornvald
- Brian Markinson as Commander Silas Nash
- Allison Warnyca as pilot Jaycie McGavin
- Lili Bordán as computer scientist Dr. Beka Kelly
- Zak Santiago as pilot Armin "High Top" Diaz
- Carmen Moore as Raptor pilot/ECO Nina Leotie
- Karen LeBlanc as Raptor pilot Jenna
- Adrian Holmes as pilot Decklan Elias
- Ty Olsson as Unknown role
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Xander Toth
- Sebastian Spence as Unknown role
- Leo Li Chiang as Osiris Marine Sergeant (unclear whether Osiris refers to the character or a ship)
- Tom Stevens as Marine Baris
- Jordan Weller as Seamus Fahey
- Syfy Greenlights "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome", TV By the Numbers, October 22, 2010
- Ryan, Maureen (27 July 2010). Exclusive: 'Battlestar Galactica' sets up a Young Adama spinoff (backup available on Archive.org) (in ). Retrieved on 27 July 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie (22 November 2010). Deadline.com: Four Drama Pilots Land Director (backup available on Archive.org) (in ). Retrieved on 23 November 2010.
- Blastr.com Article on Production Starting
- Blastr.com Article on Adama Casting
- Mike Dopud's casting has been confirmed via his Twitter feed.
- This casting has not been confirmed by official channels, as yet.
- Hero Complex article