Battlestar Wiki:Galactipedians Quorum
Welcome, newcomers and baffled oldtimers! If you have a question about Battlestar Wiki and how it works, please place it at the bottom of the list, and someone will attempt to answer it for you. (If you have a question about life, the universe and everything, go to the reference desk instead.)
Before answering a newcomer's question abruptly, consider rereading Please do not bite the newcomers.
Questions and answers will not remain on this page indefinitely (otherwise it would very soon become too long to be editable). After a period of time with no further activity, information will be moved to other relevant sections of Battlestar Wiki (such as the FAQ pages) or placed in one of the Wikipedian Quorum archives if it is of general interest, or deleted. Please consider dating and titling your discussions so as to facilitate this.
Create a page box
What do people think about adding a "create a page" box on the Main Page, so that it's easier for contributors to create new pages? Basically, how the "create a page" feature would work is it would be much the same as the input box on the Think Tank page: type the name and press "create this article". Thoughts? -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Sanctuary Wiki — New 19:02, 29 June 2007 (CDT)
- Fine by me. I'll never use it, of course, but it would make life easier (and more obvious) for other contributors. --Catrope(Talk to me or e-mail me) 03:12, 30 June 2007 (CDT)
- Update: This'll be implemented in a few days. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Sanctuary Wiki — New 15:18, 28 September 2007 (CDT)
Since we've changed the nomenclature a bit around here, we're going to be changing the names of a few of our locales as well to mirror this.
- The Administrators' noticeboard will be changed into the Chiefs' noticeboard.
- The Wikipedians' Quorum will be changed into the Galactipedians' Quorum.
For backwards compatibility, we'll be keeping the original names and shortcuts as redirects.
As for the reference desk, I'm thinking we should just merge the content into the appropriate guidelines and policies and get rid of it, since it's hardly used. Thoughts? -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Sanctuary Wiki — New 15:18, 28 September 2007 (CDT)
- Isn't that supposed to be Galactipedians' rather than Galacticapedians'? As for the plan itself, it's fine by me. I've never seen any activity at the reference desk since I came here, but it sounds like a place to ask questions. Isn't that already covered at the noticeboard and the Quorum? --Catrope(Talk to me or e-mail me) 15:32, 28 September 2007 (CDT)
WP's tlx template works here now
I've ported over Wikipedia's w:Template:Tlx to Template:Tlx. Tested. It works. If you check back a long way in my edit history here you'll see I've done this with various other very useful WP templates. Tlx in particular is very, very handy for template documentation, since you don't have to manually do a bunch of
<code><nowiki> stuff (and I note that many if not most templates here remain undocumented, so perhaps this will help inspire some documentation). — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 10:33, 8 February 2008 (CST)
- Nice! Thank you! As for the templates, about half are documented (mainly the major ones) while other smaller ones aren't. Of course, they should be all documented, but it's a matter of prioritizing which one's need to be documented the most. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 10:38, 8 February 2008 (CST)
Rewrote Council Security
- Looks good in general. Nice details of their appearances. Though we generally write the article bodies themselves from a strictly in-universe perspective and confine real-world references to notes (unless it's an article dealing with an obvious real-world subject of course). -- Serenity 10:45, 8 February 2008 (CST)