Difference between revisions of "List of Deleted Scenes (TOS)"
|Line 358:||Line 358:|
=== Video ===
=== Video ===
* [http://www.youtube.com/user/mdmatteo#p/u/18/VGTx4anJkOw Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba return to the Galactica in the shuttle - YouTube]
* [http://www.youtube.com/user/mdmatteo#p/u/18/VGTx4anJkOw Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba return to the Galactica in the shuttle - YouTube]
== The Man With Nine Lives ==
== The Man With Nine Lives ==
Revision as of 07:59, 13 September 2011
This list is fairly self-explanatory; these are deleted scenes that never made the final cut of the episode for any number of reasons.
Unless otherwise noted, all deleted scenes are from the Region 1 DVD set.
- 1 Saga of a Star World
- 2 Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I
- 3 Lost Planet of the Gods, Part II
- 4 The Lost Warrior
- 5 The Long Patrol
- 6 The Magnificent Warriors
- 7 The Young Lords
- 8 The Living Legend
- 9 Fire In Space
- 10 War of the Gods
- 11 The Man With Nine Lives
- 12 Murder On The Rising Star
- 13 Greetings From Earth
- 14 Experiment In Terra
- 15 Take The Celestra
- 16 The Hand of God
- This is the longer (or possibly alternate) version Starbuck's pyramid game in the Officer's Quarters prior to the klaxon. Starbuck is playing against a Gemonese man, who calls and raises Starbuck. A shirtless Boomer pulls Starbuck away from the table to confer with a shirtless Jolly and Greenbean, who bring up their concerns about the Gemonese man's ability to play the game expertly; Starbuck believes that the Gemonese officer is inexperienced in the game and convinces the pilots that the Gemonese man is simply trying to "buy the pot". For the "glory of Caprica", the three prideful pilots furnish Starbuck with additional cubits. Starbuck returns to the table, dumps his wager, and reveals his cards–the Gemonese man does the same, and wins. After collecting the pot, the Gemonese man throws a cubit towards Starbuck. Starbuck's response is "Thanks."
- Several pieces of information come from this scene, including:
- Jolly, Boomer and Greenbean are from Caprica, since Caprica's honor is at stake and they seem to be prideful of it.
- The Gemonese man has a modified version of the Galactica patch with a large embroidered diamond in the middle.
- Starbuck's comment to Cassiopeia on how the Gemonese make excellent card players has better context, due to the Gemonese man winning the pot.
- Several pieces of information come from this scene, including:
- Apparently the full scene where Zac tries to convince Starbuck that he should take his place on the patrol, so that he can prove that he's a Warrior. The only major difference is that Starbuck claims his stomach is upset, likely because of all the cigars he smokes. (The term "fumarello" is not used in the scene, but "cigar".)
- As they're waking out of the pilot's bunk, Zac asks Apollo how he drew the patrol. Apollo claims that "they'd be turning all us warriors out to leisuron once the armistice is signed" and that he wanted "just one last bite of a mission". Zac asks whether or not anyone would want to be stuck with him on his first patrol, Apollo makes note of Zac's high marks at the academy that even outshined Adama's marks.
- The term "leisuron" is used in place of vacation or leave of absence, though the term used in the series for pilots is "furlon". However, leisuron may also be another word for vacation.
- According to Apollo, Zac "came through with the highest marks in the history of the academy, when that includes the commander-in-chief it's downright embarrasing, even if it's his own son". This may explain his rank of lieutenant, despite his lack of experience.
- After President Adar makes his toast before the Quorum of Twelve, Baltar objects, claiming that they should toast to the president himself who "has for the first time brought together the dissodant races of mankind together, to speak as one before the Alliance".
- This deleted scene gives indication as to the relationship between the Colonies prior to their destruction. Judging by Baltar's comments, the relationships between Colonies was not as united as it seemed throughout the series' run.
- An extended scene (without audio) where Zac tries to make it back to the Fleet. One unique effects shot has Zac's Viper approaching Galactica from the aft, and summarily being destroyed just short of the starboard docking bay.
- An extended scene where Serina hears the noise of the Raiders, whereafter an explosion occurs. Serina walks off camera, indicating that she is going to investigate the explosion, which likely bridges the scene where Serina is seen in the wide walkway (with the pyramids in the background).
- Boxey is running with the daggit, whom he calls "Peanuts" (although it's the same dog that plays Muffit, though this might be the dogs real name and the dialogue might have been redubbed later on). They are playfully running through an area near the Caprica Presidium.
- Serina is screaming for Boxey, and runs toward the camera after seeing Boxey off screen.
- After Starbuck crashes and Athena tries to tell him about the destruction of the Colonies, he storms the bridge demanding to know why the Galactica left the fleet.
- From the original script:
- Omega: "We're the only surviving battlestar." Tigh: "Oh, my god... Make the pilots from the other ships as welcome as you can." Starbuck: "Little late for that, Colonel..." All eyes swing to Starbuck moving in with Athena a few steps behind him. Athena: "He doesn't know what happened, Colonel. I don't think any of them know." Starbuck: "Know what?" Boomer and Jolly come to a stop beside Starbuck. Tigh: "Put the transmissions we monitored back on the scanners... for our young patriots." Starbuck: "If this is going to be a lecture on military protocol..." The bombing is displayed on the scanners and the pilots are sobered and horrified at what they see. (This scene survived mostly intact in the Berkely novelization).
- On the Gemini, Boomer, Starbuck, and Apollo walk through the living area on the freighter. Apollo explains that they are doing a survey of people and their skill levels so that they can be put to work to help one another. This scene occurs up to the point where they encounter the hurt elderly Gemonese man and Cassiopeia.
- Starbuck is attempting to get the name of the elderly Gemonese couple they encounter on the Gemini. Starbuck asks Boomer to translate, but Cassiopeia offers to help, though Starbuck tells her that she'll be busy herself telling him her information, and asks again for Boomer's help. Boomer approaches the old man while Starbuck approaches Cassiopeia, explaining that the questions are to help the Life Center be ready for them when they dock.
- Cassiopeia finishes telling Starbuck about the Otori Sect. After this, he tells her that he has headaches due to the stress, to which she replies that he should "make an appointment". Starbuck replies that he just may do that.
- From the original script:
- Starbuck: "No wonder those little buggers are such good card players." Cassiopea: "Beg pardon?" Starbuck: "Nothing... Well, I guess I have all I need... They'll be waiting for you with this information when we dock. Are you in any pain now? Can I give you something?" Cassiopea: "You've already been very kind." Starbuck: "What can I tell you... It's my job. Also, I'm not an Otori... and I have been getting these headaches. The pressure, I guess I just need some kind of release." Cassiopea: "Make an appointment." Starbuck: "I just might do that... I might just... ah..."
- Athena hugs Adama in Core Command during a red alert, likely after they exit the Straits of Madagon.
- An alternate scene where Adama talks to Athena about his experience on the Colonies. Marked differences include "tickets to a raffle" instead of "tickets to a lottery". Athena goes on to explain that if it wasn't for him, they would be dead right now. Adama then talks about "handing off the scepter to the young" when the "spirit of the young transcends the wisdom of the old". He then reflects that Athena is as beautiful as her mother. He also states that he believes that there are others better equipped to lead and for that reason he was grateful.
- From the original script:
- Adama: "I don't know what happened to her but God... I don't want it anymore. Let someone else do it. Take this burden from me." He buries himself in Athena's arms. Athena: "Father... Were it not for you, we'd all be gone now. Instead, many are saved. Look out on that field of stars... It's the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. Life... life searching for a new world... a place to be and grow... to have happiness and a future..." Adama looks into his child's eyes. Adama: "There is a time when the sceptre passes from the old to the new... When the spirit of the young transcends the wisdom of the old. My time is past. Yours... Apollo's... So many others are better equipped to lead... And for that, I'm grateful..." Adama rises and moves back to the starfield.
- Adama talks to Tigh about submitting his resignation to the newly elected Council of Twelve. Tigh says that they should talk, though Adama assures him that his mind is made up on the matter.
- From the original script:
- Tigh: "Finding us now would be almost impossible, assuming we don't make any mistakes." Adama: "That question I propose to leave to other voices." Tigh is concerned. Adama: "I'm submitting my resignation to the council." Tigh: "Commander, I think we'd better talk." Adama: "Of course, old friend. But my mind is made up." Woman On Duty: "Colonel... Long range patrol on com-line." Greenbean: (in viper cockpit) "Request permission to withdraw probes. Fuel running low and we're getting awfully hungry." Tigh turns to Adama who nods. Tigh: "Bring them back. Fuel and food, commander... They're fast becoming a calamity. If ever we needed leadership..." Adama: "The fleet is filled with good men... you included, Colonel. The council will decide." Adama turns and leaves the bridge. As he does, a troubled Colonel Tigh looks out to the starfield and the fleet of rag tag ships.
- Apollo confronts Adama on his decision to resign, claiming that "it's treasonous to even consider stepping down" as commander. Athena defends her father, claiming that Apollo has the "mind of a mechanical drone programmed only to fight". As Athena voices her opinion, Adama says that he doesn't want what's left of the family to be torn apart, and says that he is perfectly capable of defending his own actions. Apollo counters that Adama is incapable of defending his own actions by his measure:
- Adama: What is your measure? What heartbeat guides you in telling one man that he must die, while another may live?
- Apollo: Could any man have done better? Or been fair? Did you succumb to influence, or politics, or whimsy? Didn't you do the best you could?
- Adama: (beat) Yes... yes. But for the first time, it isn't enough to know that I did my best. I will sleep only when I know that I'll never have to face that agony again.
- Apollo: That, commander, is cowardice.
- Apollo then leaves, with Athena trying to convince her father that he is no coward. Adama considers the possibility that he is "for not speaking out soon enough" in order to avoid the destruction of the Colonies. (Referring to his earlier conversation with Adar about his distrust of the Cylons and their peace proposal through the treacherous Baltar.) When Athena asks him who he thinks is better suited to lead, he only replies that there had better be someone else, or "we're doomed".
- Adama presents his resignation to the Council. Sire Anton says that the resignation is nonsense and that they need his leadership, particularly now. Uri objects, claiming that Adama knows his ability to lead better than the rest and blames Adama for the food and fuel issues. Anton counters that Uri's comments are hypocritical, in light that Uri himself is being brought up on charges of hording supplies. Adama ends the argument by saying the sparring is not in their best interest; Anton then redirects their attention to debating on a plan for their survival.
- A Cylon Centurion asks the Imperious Leader about what to do with the survivors. The Imperious Leader commands that once the Centurion is satisfied that they have told them everything they know, the survivors are to be brought before the other Cylons, so they may have the "privilege" of seeing the Colonial survivors beheaded publicly.
- Adama is summoned to a meeting of the Council, which has already assembled. Sire Uri proposes that they appeal to the justice and mercy of the Cylons. Adama is in disbelief, reminding the council that they Cylons have told them that they will not stop until every human had been exterminated.
- Starbuck's attempt to weasel out of the Straits of Madagon mission include a request for permission to use sick leave, which Apollo denies.
- Doctor Paye greets Serina and Apollo in the Life Station, complimenting Serina and claiming to be a fan of her broadcast work. Apollo ducks out to visit his father in the "core center", kissing Serina before he leaves. She points out that if she had anything contagious, he has it too now. Apollo says he's willing to share anything she has. Paye asks if he detects a blossoming romance at the core of the Fleet, and Serina says that though she can only speak for herself, it runs deep. Describing her medical symptoms, Serina says she has a general weakness, a lack of sensation in the fingertips, and a lightness of head. When she asks if anybody else has had similar complaints Paye appears to be covering up considerable concern.
- Paye says there have been several other cases with the same symptoms. Paye has an idea what the problem is. He asks Serina if she is aware of the problem with the food brought from home. Serina replies that the Cylons had been intermixing some sort of neutron weapon with their explosives and it contaminated the food. Paye says that it broke down the cellular structure. He says that it is also happening to people. It has only happened to a few people who had been exposed to that weapon. The illness progresses with a gradual loss of strength. His experience with the illness is limited, but so far all of the affected people have died. He offers to alert Apollo, but Serina asks him not to tell anyone. Paye estimates that she has a few days left at most. They walk down the corridor together and he comforts her silently.
- From the original script:
- PAYE: "Serina. You look as ravishing as you do on Transmission. I love your programs." SERINA: "You’re very kind." PAYE: "I’m all set for you in the next chamber. Captain, if you want to have a chair." APOLLO: "No, I think I’ll see my father while I’m here. If you need me, I’ll be at Core Center." (he leans in and kisses Serina lightly) SERINA: "If it’s contagious, you’ve got it." APOLLO: "I’m willing to share anything you’ve got. She’s in your hands, Doctor." Moments later, after Apollo exits. PAYE: "You haven’t told him, yet." SERINA: "No, I can’t." PAYE: "How do you feel?" SERINA: "Worse. Can you tell me how much time I have left?" PAYE (grimly) "Yes, I think so." SERINA: "I can only speak for myself, Doctor. But it runs deep." PAYE: "Tell me the symptoms. Of the problem, not the romance." SERINA: "It’s unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. Kind of a general weakness, a lapsing of sensation in my fingertips. A lightness of head." There follow three scene numbers marked OMITTED, then we cut briefly to a scene of Apollo conferring with Adama and Tigh on the bridge about the upcoming medal ceremony, then back to Paye and Serina. The examination is clearly over and they are walking along what is described as a long, lonely corridor. Paye has his arm around Serina. PAYE: "We've had several other cases, the symptoms are the same." SERINA: "You don’t know what it is?" PAYE: "I have an idea." SERINA: "A theory?" PAYE: "More than a theory. You’re familiar with the problem we had with the food we brought from home?" SERINA: "Yes, of course. Apparently the Cylons were intermixing some sort of Nutron (sic) weapon with their explosives, contaminated the food." PAYE: "Broke down the cellular structure." SERINA: "And what has that to do with..." (Serina stops and turns into Paye) PAYE: "It’s happening to people." SERINA: "My God!" PAYE: "Not many... only a few who may have been exposed to that weapon." SERINA: "What’s going to happen to me?" (Paye turns to continue walking, desperately trying to break the eye contact) PAYE: "Within the limits of my knowledge, I can tell you you’ll experience a gradual loss of strength." SERINA: "How far will the loss go?" PAYE: "As I say, I’ve never experienced..." SERINA: "What’s the condition of the others?" PAYE: "Serina, you can’t judge one patient’s condition by another’s. The degree of exposure might have been quite different." (Serina stops the doctor cold, her eyes searing his defenses) SERINA: "Doctor..." PAYE: "They’ve all died." (it is now Serina’s defenses which crumble. She turns away) PAYE: "I’ll alert Captain Apollo." SERINA: "No. Don’t tell anyone." PAYE: "But someone will need to know... to be able to..." (she turns back, her spirits suddenly buttressed, her facade fortified) "How long?" PAYE: "It took you longer than the others to show symptoms. I think you could have..." SERINA: "Don’t make me waste what time I have left. How long?" PAYE: "A few days... at most."
- The Imperious Leader gives his speech thanking Baltar for his service, then has a Centurion kill him, cutting his neck while another Centurion holds his head up. Baltar lets out a scream as the sword nears his neck.
- Another shot of the execution scene, shot from behind the Imperious Leader. From this angle the sword looks like it actually strikes Baltar.
- Another shot of the execution scene, shot from behind the Imperious Leader but tighter in on Baltar and the Centurions. It is more apparent in this shot that the cut stops short.
- Yet another shot of the execution scene, shot from behind the Imperious Leader, but zoomed in on Baltar, showing only the arm of the Centurion holding his head up and the sword coming in to strike.
- Another shot of the execution scene with the camera directly in front of Baltar. Once again only the arm of the Centurion and the sword striking are visible. This time, as the sword strikes the camera pans away quickly to black as Baltar finishes his scream.
- The Imperious Leader tells a Centurion that it has been seven centons since any report of the humans. The Leader asks if the Centurion has anything to report regarding them, but the Centurion replies that nothing has been seen or heard of them. The Imperious Leader believes that their provisions will sooner or later force them to land with the Cylon's star system, and the Cylons will be watching, listening, and waiting.
- In the landram down on Carillon, Apollo explains that they won't be able to stop at any planet for too long. Boxey doesn't understand why they had to leave in the first place. Apollo explains that there are, and have always been, living beings who cannot accept anything they don't understand, anything different. Boxey asks if Apollo means they're stupid, and Apollo guesses that by their standards they are. He asks how it can be anything but stupid to kill what you don't understand. Boxey asks why they don't kill them back. Apollo says that that would be changing themselves to be like them. He says that the Colonials don't believe in war, "but the opposite of war is not necessarily peace." What the Colonials want is freedom. The right to be left alone. But there's always a chance someone will come along and spoil everything. Boxey asks then if you kill them. Apollo, exasperated, points out that Boxey has a way of reducing everything to very simple terms. Apollo does finally agree that maybe it comes down to life or death, but life is precious and nobody has the right to tamper with another's without running the risk of forfeiting their own. Apollo claims the conversation is getting too deep for a boy his age, but Boxey points out that you can die at any age.
- In the scene where Muffit escapes with Boxey in pursuit, Jolly exits the the landram but appears to have some difficulties (various clanging and rustling sounds are heard). Apollo and Serina laugh (/break character).
- Boxey is looking for Muffit when two Ovions approach from behind. One covers his mouth while both of them put a hand on his shoulder. They appear to converse, their insectoid pincers moving rapidly.
- The two Ovions and a calm Boxey exit an underground elevator. One of the Ovions is waddling awkwardly (in an apparent effort to make its second set of arms move more). Barking is heard off-camera, and Boxey yells for Muffit, breaking away from the Ovions and running back down the hallway towards the sound. Muffit is in the room with the Ovion queen. Boxey runs in and hugs Muffit. The Ovions follow shortly, moving to grab him. The Queen orders (in English) to leave him. She says that it is a curious group, but they will do nicely. She tells the Ovions to take them to a cell and prepare for the others as quickly as possible. The Ovions shoo Boxey and Muffit out of the Queen's chamber and a door closes behind them.
- Same as above, but with a darker corridor, as well as more detail work on the costumes and the set.
- An Ovion leads Apollo into the queen's chamber. This shot as the more ornate set, with an Ovion playing on some sort of a harp. The queen (in English) welcomes Apollo to Carillon, asking if he is impressed. Apollo claims to be more confused. He explains they they lost a little boy. The queen replies that he is safe, asking if they wish to join him. Apollo says that they would. The queen rises and approaches them.
- Seetol approaches a Centurion in an underground area, reporting that "by your command" the Colonials have only been allowed to land a few of their warriors on the surface. The Centurion claims that will change. The Ovion says that the Centurion is most gracious and that "we live to serve you." The Centurion steps over to a glass orb, and an image of a lizardlike Imperious Leader appears in the orb. The Centurion identifies himself as the garrison leader on the planet Carillon. The Centurion reports that the humans have arrived and fallen pry to the lord of Ovion. The Imperious Leader informs the Centurion that the supreme star force stationed at Borallus has been dispatched to annihilate the survivors. The Imperious Leaders orders the Centurion to ensure that the Colonial military defenses are rendered impotent. The Imperious Leader's image fades from the orb.
- Apollo and Serina are on the transport en route to the award ceremony. Apollo asks Serina if she is feeling better, to which she claims she is fine. Looking at Serina, Apollo claims to finally understand what the poets are talking about. Serina asks Apollo to write her a poem. Apollo claims that she doesn't know what she is asking, but she claims it will mean more to her than he'd know. She kisses his cheek, promising to do better in private. Apollo then notices the man wearing a Blue Squadron insignia.
- In the chancery Serina has a bit of a spell. Apollo asks if she is alright, and she claims that it's just everything that happened starting to catch up with her. Apollo tries to take her back to the guest quarters, but she doesn't want to spoil a beautiful evening. She wants to sit at one of the tables. Apollo then asks why they don't go win a fortune. Serina agrees, saying, "Why don't we, my beautiful Captain?"
- From the original script:
- SERINA: "It’s a circus...a wonderland." APOLLO: "It’s giving a lot of people the kind of relief break they desperately needed." SERINA: "I'm so glad to see them all happy...that woman there at the table...I watched her husband die in her arms only a few days ago." (as they start forward an uncertain look crosses Serina’s face. She falters slightly, clinging to Apollo) APOLLO: "Are you all right?" (she appears slightly faint, then smiles warmly her, composure returning) SERINA: "So much has happened...I think it’s all catching up with me." APOLLO: "I'll take you to the guest quarters." SERINA: "No, I’m not going to let my evening be spoiled. I want to sit right here at one of the tables." APOLLO: "Why don’t we win a fortune?" SERINA: "Why don’t we, my beautiful captain?"
- An alien welcomes Starbuck and Boomer. He points out that they are wearing an emblem of the Colonial Fleet, saying that he didn't realize that the Fleet was in the area. Starbuck claims that they're out here on their own. The alien points out that it's out of their way, but Boomer claims they're just on a reconnaissance flight to make sure the armistice is being observed. The alien seems satisfied, and tells them to consider themselves guests of the establishment, welcome to all the food and drink they want. As they walk off Boomer asks Starbuck how he feels now that they have the run of the place while their people are starving to death.
- Starbuck asks Boomer to have some vision. He points out that war isn't going to last forever, and after that they'll just be antiquated, burned out starfighters. Boomer points out that'll only be if they last that long. Boomer is worried about the disappearing guests. Starbuck points out that it is a big place, and that there's a tour that people go on just before leaving for home. Boomer points out that the Blonde Taurus was going on that tour.
- At the gambling table on Carillon, there is more to Starbuck and Athena's conversation.
- From the original script:
- Athena: "And to think of what I almost drove you to..." Starbuck: "Hmmm?" Athena: "That socialator... I practically forced you into her arms." Starbuck: "She had interesting arms..." (as Athena glares) "I mean they were unfeminine... Did you notice? Long pointy fingers! It was all I could do to put up with her to make you jealous." Athena breaks into a warm grin. Athena: "You went through that... that ordeal... just to make me jealous." Starbuck: (modestly) "Well..." (then considering the source) "Say, how is it you know so much about my ordeal?" When Cassiopea angrily storms away, Athena says, "Smart lady... You'd better look around for someone more on your level... If you can get that low." She gives him the room key and also leaves. In the wake of the two ladies, an extremely heavy girl at the end of the table with the face of a wild boar flashes her eyelashes at Starbuck. His expression sinks.
- Apollo and Starbuck flee the attacking Cylons underground. Apollo mentions that with all the tylium around their firefight is lighting the biggest bomb in the universe. Starbuck thinks it is too late to talk to the Centurions, and Apollo agrees. (Somebody off-camera can be heard yelling, "Fire!") Apollo shoots a Centurion twice, causing it to fall over.
- A voice off-camera orders the videos to roll, and the monitors in Core command come to life. On action, Adama gives the "Launch when ready" command. Athena remarks that Adama kept some pilots back, as an entire squadron is answering. Adama brushes her off. Omega informs them that the Cylon forces consist of three entire flights. Athena remarks that their one squadron is never going to make it. Adama orders all warriors recalled from the surface. Athena says that there's not enough time, then Maren Jensen then flubs her next line saying, "They'll never get here back in time," then laughs and hits her head realizing she blew the take.
- Adama says a prayer of thanksgiving standing on a raised platform with the Council and a large gathering of Colonials. An organ starts up, and everyone assembled begins singing. It appears to be some sort of a hymn or anthem.
Hail to thee, O lord of manna, bounteous be thy hand.
Blessed be the core of freedom throughout the land.
Keep us safe from powers of darkness liberty and might.
Man rejoices, land of Zion, lead us by thy light.
Serina tells Boxey (while the song is in progress) to stay really close to Captain Apollo. Serina asks Apollo if he'll look after her baby, and he agrees. She steps out of the room, lingering a moment in the doorway watching Apollo hold Boxey in his arms before leaving. The Colonials sing the above verse twice through.
- A closeup shot of Adama during the singing. The audio is much clearer on some of the lyrics. Adama's voice drops in volume while Serina is talking to Boxey and Apollo. Additional lines of the song are sung in this cut:
We salute the cause of freedom 'neath our flags unfurled.
Standing for eternal right through the star-wide worlds.
- From the original script, the so-called "Anthem scene" (Test audiences found it to be too depressing, and that may have played a factor as to why it was cut):
- ADAMA: "We thank our Lord for delivering us from evil and commit mankind unto all things that are good and righteous... on behalf of all creatures born to the blessing of life." (the body of people in the hall begin to sing the beguiling strains of the anthem of the colonies...) ON APOLLO, BOXEY AND SERINA (as they stand singing the strains... slowly pushing in we find Serina wavering slightly. Quickly she glances down to Boxey and across to Apollo. They haven’t noticed... she lets go of Boxey’s hand, bending down to whisper in his ear) SERINA: "I want to you to stay very close to Captain Apollo... all right?" BOXEY: "All right." (Serina rises up and exchanges smiles with Apollo who has turned to her) SERINA: "Will you keep an eye on my baby..." (Apollo smiles warmly, assuming little from Serina’s casual tone, as she turns and slides out of the end of the row and heads towards the door in the back of the auditorium, a short distance behind the back row.) A BACK SHOT OF APOLLO AND BOXEY (Pushing past the exiting Serina to a close shot on the backs of the strong young warrior holding the hand of the little boy... and just beneath Boxey’s seat... Muffy, curled up contentedly) SERINA: (at the door stops to look back once more) ON APOLLO (as his expression seems to turn reflective... then sober... Slowly he turns around to look back at the doorway) REVERSE ANGLE (as Apollo’s face swings around to look at the doorway) SERINA: (looks at Apollo soberly... pain crosses her face and she begins to turn away) APOLLO: (looks back... a knowing expression on his face... but the moment before he begins to move toward her, we:) FREEZE FRAME AND HOLD - HARD CUT TO THE GALACTICA AND THE RAG TAG FLEET (moving through space) ADAMA’S VOICE: "Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last battlestar, Galactica, leads a rag tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest... a shining planet, known as Earth."
- Extended scene where Adama coaxes Apollo's announcement of his and Serina's being sealed. The dialogue that is present here, but cut later:
- Adama: ... this marvelous food for nigh on 3 millicentons... waiting... for each succeeding course. Each one being better than the one before.
- Athena: Wonderful! One surprise, after another. (looking in Apollo's direction)
- Apollo: All right, all right. I guess it's too much to expect anyone to be able to keep a secret in a small band of survivors like this.
- Adama: (with Athena laughing in the background) Starbuck, did he say "secret"?
- Starbuck: Yes, I believe he did.
- Athena: Oh, yes, "secret".
- Apollo: I'm not as glib as you are, father, I've always taken my time about things.
- Adama: (good naturedly) I know.
- Apollo: Especially the important things. I mean, there was a lot to consider, I had to be sure that Boxey was in favor of our (clears throat). Well, uh... (from this point, the scene picks up from the scene that was included in the final cut of the episode).
- An extended scene where Adama congratulates Apollo for making a "father very happy... finally", after Apollo announces the marriage.
- After Adama orders that Patrol 2 (consisting of Boomer and Jolly) land from their patrol, Omega announces that a "shuttle cadet from first-orbit solo" is inbound. Adama orders that the shuttle pilot be waived off, should the approach not be completed successfully, as they are in need of the reports from the patrol. The inbound shuttle is piloted by Serina, who completes her first successful solo-landing in Galactica's starboard bay.
- As Apollo's probe is ready to land, Tigh mentions to Adama that his fellow Warriors are preparing a sendoff for Apollo. Adama refuses to have Apollo skip procedure to even make the briefest appareance at the sendoff, since he refuses to "risk the lives of everyone in the fleet, even for my own son's sendoff", but extends the curfew so that Apollo will have time to go, after making the report.
- After the disease has been found, Apollo is asking Cassiopeia what Boomer's chances are. When she says that they are not good, Apollo lets her know that he appreciates all that she's doing. Cassiopeia then comments that "You know, if anything good came out of the destruction of the Colonies, it was the opportunity for fresh beginnings", referencing her change from socialator to a med tech.
- From the original script: During Apollo's speech to the women pilots, it is revealed that Dietra was a colonial warrior/pilot from the Atlantia who survived the battlestar's destruction. Other women are also revealed to be seasoned viper pilots.
- Rigel notifies Core Command of the medical shuttle leaving "launch deck 1".
- After a cure is found on the alien planet, Tigh visits Adama telling him joyfully that he can "uncross his fingers". After jokingly replying, "What about my toes?", Tigh notifies him that they are 30 to 40 centons away from the void. Adama then asks Tigh, "You dissaprove of my leading the Fleet into the void, don't you?" Tigh replies that it is not his place to disapprove, only advise; Adama tells him to dispense with all protocol, and that he would like to hear Tigh's thoughts, leading into the discussion where Adama reveals his belief that the void is the same as the one depicted in the Book of the Word. Tigh replies that the field is too dangerous and that he would rather take his chances with the Cylon fleet.
- From the original script: After the Galactica enters the void and Adama says, "Order all ships to maintain visual contact on the Galactica", Tigh says "Commander, some of the skippers on those old barges aren't really Captains, they're trainess, barely competent. If we could skirt the heart of this magnetic field..." Adama: "Tigh... We may not have a providential guiding light to see us through like our ancestors, but we do have the best navigators in the universe aboard this battlestar. We will find our way." Tigh: (sighs in frustration) "Yes, sir." Omega: "The freighter Yarborough is now in distress and rolling. Unable to keep visual on us." Tigh: "Commander." Adama: "Continue on course."
- From the original script: In the life station, Starbuck and Apollo nervously watch Casseopia lower the Cryo-tube temperature on Boomer. The doctor is standing over Boomer administering medication. Cassiopea: "Doctor Salik has isolated the virus. He's given Boomer an anti-virus he believes will counteract the infection." Starbuck: "Believes?" Cassiopea: "He's the best. I'm sure he's right." Apollo: "He'd better be. We're betting their lives on him." Cassiopea goes back to reading the monitors. The doctor crosses to the console and looks down on her. Starbuck: "Boomer?" And then the rest of the scene continues.
- From the original script: After Baltar tells Lucifer that the humans "will come willingly to my arms", Lucifer tells him that three ships have drifted away from the Colonial fleet and suggests they destroy them, but Baltar refuses.
- From the original script: There is more to the wedding - Adama says to Apollo, "Nervous?" Apollo says, "No. Not a bit." Adama answers, "Neither was I when I was married to your mother." Serina and Boxey enter. Adama first asks if Boxey (the protector of Serina) will relinquish his responsibilities to Apollo. Boxey looks at Apollo and says nothing. Then he smiles and says "Yes!" and there is a sigh of relief among everyone. Then Adama wraps the medallion around the wrists of Apollo and Serina, and the rest of the scene begins
- An alternate scene where the star is discovered: Well into the void, Omega reports that they have found a mega star, which Tigh finds hard to believe. Omega reports that "behind" the mega star is a galaxy, and that they are near the end of the void. Apollo tells them to conduct a "narrowband scan" to search for a single planet in "elliptical orbit, 1 to 3 parsecs from the mega star". He believes it to be where the planet Kobol, the "mother world of all humans, where life began".
- Apollo gives Serina tips on launching, by keeping her head braced against the headrest when she launches and her hands off the controls until the "outer doors flash by". He also tells her that she doesn't need to rush things, as she has the whole universe to "level out" in. They then passionately kiss.
- A scene where Muffit leaves "daggit shit" all over the carpet. The "matter" consists of washers and screws.
- A scene where the female Viper pilots discuss flight maneuvers. Deitra comments that Brie should practice a few more approaches, while Tigh drags away Starbuck and Apollo from the discussion. Serina notices that they are leaving, and follows, telling her fellow pilots that "the fellas are beginning to resent all this shop talk". Dietra then gives her belief that "this drop and shoot strategy that they are insisting we use" is "a whole lot of felgercarb".
- Serina is preparing to launch her Viper, as well as the associated shot of her "launching".
- A version of the marriage ceremony where Tigh notes that "the star, it's pulsing again" (whereas in the final scene, it is here when the star is first discovered by Galactica's crew.
- During the sealing, Serina tells Apollo, "I know, I wish Starbuck was here too" after Vipers fly by.
- From the original script: On Kobol, Adama says that, after the planet died, the people "turned on the technology that could have saved them. After they destroyed the ships that took them away, it took them hundreds of yahrens to revive even the most primitive crafts."
- A scene where Apollo and Serina kiss on Kobol.
- A scene where Apollo breaks up his father's attempt at choking Baltar, but Apollo is unable to get his laser out of the holster, to which Richard Hatch (Apollo) says "shit".
- Apollo orders that the warriors break up the camp. It is here where Athena reveals to Starbuck that Apollo and Serina were married. When Starbuck says, "Married? Without me?" Athena then drops a blatant attempt to get Starbuck to talk about their own relationship by saying, "Well, if you really want to be at a marriage ceremony..." Starbuck's reply is to comment that he should start breaking down the camp, leaving Athena.
- From the original script: When the Galactica launches fighters to aid in the battle of Kobol, one of the pilots loses consciousness in the middle of the launch and his ship explodes in the launch tube. Two other pilots are unable to launch due to falling unconscious.
- From the original script: When the outnumbered viper squadron is trapped, Dietra says, "We're trapped!" Starbuck: "Let's go out fighting. (beat) Athena!" Athena: "On your wing, Starbuck." Starbuck: (believing he is about to die) "I love you! Sort of."
- An extended scene where Baltar is left for dead by Adama, Apollo and Serina.
- Baltar: This cannot be. It isn't just. I'm destined to be a king amongst kings. Lucifer, I'll tear you apart, limb from limb, circuit by circuit. So help me! You have not heard the last of Baltar!
- Starbuck is pacing outside of Life Sciences when Cassiopeia exits. Starbuck asks "Everything is going to be all right, isn't it?" Cassiopeia then breaks down and runs into Starbuck's arms. Adama then approaches with Boxey and Muffit. Boxey tells Starbuck that "Hi Starbuck. Heard you did good," to which Starbuck replies, "Well, you know how it is kid, when you're great, your great." Starbuck also offers to help keep an eye on Muffit while Boxey sees his mother. With Adama, Boxey enters the room.
- After Serina passes away, Apollo and Boxey are outside the room talking about how Serina's love for them will never fade away, and that Boxey will make a fine warrior someday.
- Boxey asks if he can spend the night with Blue Squadron. Adama corrects Boxey's use between "can I" and "may I". After Starbuck confirms that it was what his father wanted, Boxey jumps into Boomer's arms and is carried away.
- Apollo wades through the forest with his laser drawn, taking place behind a boulder, ready to take out the lupus threatening Puppis. Apollo is pleased when Puppis shoots the lupus with his numo, lowering his pistol and walking away.
- An extended version of when Vella and Apollo talk about Martin. In the scenes that didn't make the final cut, Vella asks about the stars:
- Vella: Is it really that beautiful, that compelling?
- Apollo: Yes. But that takes nothing away from what he [Martin] had with you.
- Vella: No. I suppose not.
- Vella's inebriated brother, Bootes talks to Apollo on the outskirts of town, telling him with "my temper, I'm liable to take that Red-Eye on, even without a laser pistol". Bootes answers Apollo's questions on where he can find Lacerta, who snidely replies: "Just follow your ears to the music." He also reveals that Lacerta owns the bar, as well as practically everything in town. Apollo attempts to sympathize with Bootes.
- An extended scene where Cassiopeia removes Boxey from the Warriors' bunk, telling the Warriors to "recirculate the air in here". Boxey runs back to the table, telling Starbuck "that's two [drinks] you owe me, Starbuck", which Starbuck replies "as soon as I get paid", which solicits laughter from the other Warriors. After Boxey tells Starbuck to keep his hands off the jellybean winnings and leaves, Starbuck says, "All right, now let's play some real poker!"
- Apollo washes off his face outside of Vella's residence, looks up at the sky, then throws a towel over his right shoulder and walks towards the house.
- An extended scene where Apollo walks with Puppis and Vella, after Apollo destroys Red-Eye towards their buggy. Apollo drives the horse-drawn buggy off, with Bootes carcass in the back of the buggy.
- An extended scene where Adama is sitting in his chair in Core Command, with Boxey resting on his chest, telling him of Earth. In this version, Adama describes Earth as he knows it:
- Adama: ... orbiting around a very, very bright star. But it's not alone, you know.
- Boxey: It's not?
- Adama: Oh, no. No. It has a satellite, which is pale white, and it takes on various shapes. And... (sees Boxey fall asleep) falls asleep.
- A scene starting when Boxey is leaving core command with Muffit. In this version, the director (or trainer) is yelling out for Evolution to move and Apollo asks Adama if he was always like Boxey. Adama comments jokingly, "Worse."
- An alternate, perhaps original version, of the scene where Apollo explains to Athena that it was the Council that gave permission to the Scorpios to reopen the Astral Lounge on the Rising Star. Ever since, Starbuck attempts to get enough money to get into the place. With the 100 cubit bonus that Adama offers to the first Viper pilot to pilot the Recon Viper, Starbuck has managed to get into the Astral Lounge. Also, in this version, Athena tells her brother that Starbuck asked her to dinner, but she chose to "be here at the site of a new galaxy". Apollo replies, "Little sister, you made a wise decision."
- The "before the war" comments by the Maitre d' are better explained here. In this version, the explanation that was filmed, but later cut was this:
- Starbuck: Before the war?
- Maitre d: Well, before it interfered with our annual run to Quintara. Ah, what a magnificent cluster. Seven red stars, and one blue. It was quite a trip pleaser. Especially for newly joined couples.
- The Maitre d' brings Starbuck and Cassiopeia to the private dining room. The scene is like the same one that was in the final cut, except the scenes that were cut were those shot from behind the Maitre d'.
- An alternate version of the scene where Starbuck and Cassiopeia frolic on the couch. The only striking difference is that Cassiopeia refers to herself as a "socialator", instead of a "med tech".
- Starbuck attempts to get a different room, now that Athena has decided to join him for dinner. As Starbuck is bribing the Maitre d', Athena is drinking a shot, then pours herself something from a short, beer-like bottle. (The same bottles that were used in "Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I" as bottles of ale.)
- From the original script: There is more dialogue between Starbuck and CORA during their first conversation. Computer: "Don't be a bore. My name's CORA. Short for Computer, Oral Response Activated. I'm programmed to respond instantly to all your needs. I am also programmed to give you an entertaining mission... one that will keep you alert and on your toes." Starbuck: "Shut up, CORA. (Long beat of silence.) Okay. Continue." Computer: "Give you a feeling of power? (beat) We are on a Delta vector..."
- From the original script: When CORA says, "We have enough speed to outrun anything in the universe", Starbuck answers, "I'm not used to running." Computer: (disgusted) "You may not have a choice. (beat) Hang on!"
- CORA is suggesting a course of action that would "scare the pogees" out of Croad while he pursues Robber. What is shown here was put into the final cut, but CORA's voice is provided by someone off screen, and not by Cathy Paine.
- From the original script: After Recon Viper One heads toward the moon to investigate the downed shuttle, we see the shuttle on the moon's surface: The pilot of the shuttle exits, coughing, though the cloud of steam. He is a young, handsome man dressed in a rather worn, short jacket and boots. He opens a compartment on the side of the shuttle and grabs some tools, then clambers under the shuttle. The dark sky lights up fromt he downblast of Starbuck's Recon Viper as it lands near the shuttle. CLOSE ON THE SHUTTLECRAFT PILOT - He is watching the Viper land. His expression is one of concern, as he continues to work frantically on the engine. CLOSE ON STARBUCK IN COCKPIT - Starbuck: "How'd you like the landing?" Computer: (ignores question) "Sensors indicate shuttlecraft is manned by humanoid life form. No laser weapons. (beat) Switching all systems except marker beacon to stand-by mode." Starbuck: (opening the hatch) "How'd you like the landing... honey?" CORA doesn't answer. Starbuck smiles and climbs out.
- Robber is outside of his ship, opening up a panel when Starbuck's Viper lands.
- After landing, Starbuck crosses a small river or moat, with his laser pistol drawn. After Starbuck clears his throat, Robber asks for a deltoid spanner, which Starbuck gives him from the nearby bag. In the scene, as Robber says "That heathen could be back', the actor messes up the line of dialogue.
- Another shot, this time facing Starbuck, as he approaches Robber with his laser drawn. After he hands Robber the spanner, Starbuck asks Robber about the "pirate who put me here", but is instead offered a drink. After Starbuck is thrown a bottle, actor Dirk Benedict (Starbuck) asks if he could do the scene over again.
- From the original script: On the Galactica bridge, when Adama says, "Maintain tracking. He may be onto something", Athena says to herself, "Probably a socialator."
- Cassiopeia enters Core Command and runs into Omega, who asks if he can help her. Cassiopeia tells Omega that Lieutenant Athena asked her to report to the bridge. Omega appears quite smitten with her, directing her to "Station Four, upper bay". As she walks in front of the viewport, Cassiopeia gets stares from men on the bridge, while Tigh gets irritated. Upon approaching Athena, Athena actress Maren Jensen forgets a part of her line, and the line is recited to her off screen. Further on into the scene, Athena attempts to tell her about what happened to Starbuck on his patrol. In the scenes that were cut:
- Cassiopeia: Did you arrange that?
- Athena: Look, I don't like you and you don't like me, but evidently you and Starbuck are having some sort of relationship.
- After Adama gives orders to keep as much distance from Proteus as possible, Adama leans on a bar and considers the ramifications of his decision.
- From the original script: When Starbuck first encounters the Enforcers on the surface of Proteus, he says, "Could one of you guys give me directions to the rest room?"
- Apollo and Boomer talk to Slayer about not wanting to see Tanya grow up on Proteus. After agreeing that he would have done what they did, Apollo tells Boomer to "radio the Galactica on the short-pulse transmitter in scrambled code, 'Negative Cylon contact. Have located Recon Viper 1. Believe Starbuck alive. Will search until recalled.'" After Boomer leaves, he offers the family a place in the Fleet, telling them that they need a good ambrosia distiller on the Galactica, as the "stuff we make is awful".
- Starbuck talks to Apollo and Boomer about Recon Viper 1:
- Starbuck: She doesn't have lasers.
- Boomer: But she's fast.
- Starbuck: And she's unarmed.
- Apollo: Shouldn't matter... to a hot pilot. (Boomer and Apollo walk to their Vipers)
- On the Rising Star, during the dinner conversation at the end of the episode, the following was cut:
- Starbuck: All I had to do was compute when the Galactica probably first picked up the Cylon patrol on long range scan, and then estimate the course which would put the, um, Fleet the furthest distance from the, uh, Cylon patrol. (as Apollo laughs) Really very simple.
- Adama: And you did all this?
- Starbuck: Mhmm... Well, I, uh, had some help, uh, from CORA.
- Cassiopeia: Ah, I knew there'd be a woman in on it somewhere.
- Athena: CORA's a computer. I don't think we have any competition there.
- Adama: Well, in any case...
- From the original script:
- Starbuck: "All I had to do was compute when the Galactica probably first picked up the Cylon patrol on long range scan. Then estimate which course would put the most space between the fleet and the Cylons. (beat) It was simple." Adama: "And you did all this?" Starbuck: "Well, sir. I... ah... had some help from CORA." Cassiopea: (to Athena) "I knew there'd be a woman in it." Athena: (laughs) "CORA's a computer. I don't think we have any competition there. (turns to Starbuck) Do we?" CLOSE ON STARBUCK - He just smiles. Everyone, except Cassiopea and Athena, is laughing.
- In a slightly earlier script, Imperious Leader is on the Cylon basestar instead of Baltar. Centurion: "By your command." Imperious Leader: "Speak." Centurion: "We monitored an undecipherable transmission from the Frodian galaxy." Leader: "The Colonial Fleet!" Centurion: "The signal was beamed at the planet Aeries." Leader: "Ohhh... (beat) A humanoid outpost that does not know we have destroyed the Colonies. Dispatch a patrol to eradicate them." Centurion: "By your command."
The Magnificent Warriors
Taken from the original script:
- When Adama is walking with Tigh and Apollo towards Belloby's quarters and Apollo says, "Whoa, no, you don't. This isn't something you can avoid," Adama answers "Apollo... you just do not understand the situation. The only way we'll get that Energizer away from her is with a small laser battalion with shoot to kill orders."
- In Adama's quarters, after Apollo asks, "Father... Just what did you have to give her in return for that energizer?", Adama says, "I promised I'd... (the words don't come easy to him) Court her." Apollo's mouth falls open. Adama turns away. Adama: "Before I met your mother... I mean a long, long time before... Siress Belloby and I... Well... we were..." Apollo: (stunned) "You... and Belloby..." Adama: "Apollo... she looked a lot better then. A whole lot better." Apollo: "It's not her looks... it's her attitude. She's as hard as NAILINGS." Adama: "Yes, well... She was disappointed when your mother and I were sealed. Belloby turned to achieving fulfillment in ways theretofore unexpected of ladies." Apollo: "Scavenging." Adama: "The recycling and salvaging of materials throughout the stars is a necessity. She just seemed to take pride in beating and outbidding men and crews twice her size." Apollo: "Now she's outbid the most powerful man in the fleet." Adama: "I made a promise to court her. I didn't say where. It certainly won't be in front of the entire Fleet. Now let's make ready, and get this over with."
- In front of the shuttle, when Adama says, "Please, Belloby. Not in front of the children," Belloby asks, "What?" Adama: "You know how it is. Apollo's still quite upset over the loss of his mother... We'll have to let things progress... slowly... very slowly..." Belloby allows Adama to remove her arms from around his neck. She is after all a feeling person, though for the moment, she looks at Apollo as if he were a case of pox.
- We see Starbuck walk up to the gambling table and ask if he can play. Dipper: "Sure... Seein' how this ain't your lucky night. You're probably just what we need at this table." Dipper laughs... Starbuck doesn't. Starbuck: "Now whatever gave you the idea that wasn't my lucky night?" Starbuck reaches for the cards with a confidence that shakes everyone's nerves. Starbuck expertly shuffles the cards and begins dealing.
- In town, when Belloby asks Adama to kiss her, and he asks, "What?", Belloby says, "I love it when you're angry. No one else has the nerve to raise their voice to me. Kiss me." Adama: "Belloby, forgive me... but my mind is on other things." Belloby: "If you kiss me... I'll tell you where your power sled is."
- We see Apollo, Adama, and Belloby approach the Chancery. Apollo: "So far as I can tell, this is the only place open at this hour." Adama: "Then this is likely to be where we'll find the local law enforcer."
- After Bogon explains to Starbuck about how all the constables have been killed, there is a scene AT THE SHED where Boomer stands by a door blown open by a hand laser. As Bogan, Adama, Belloby, Apollo and Starbuck arrive and look inside. Belloby: "My Energizer..." Adama: "Our Energizer. Sire Bogan, this was deliberately stolen from us. Probably to keep us here so you could rig a card game and victimize my man." Bogon: "My, my... Those are harsh words. I hope you can prove them. We have laws about such things, you know." Adama: "Boomer?" Boomer: "Coming right up..." Boomer enters the shed where Apollo, Bellaby, Starbuck, and Adama are standing. He carries a hand scope." Adama: "Put the scope on the sled and let's see what we have." A bright green light suddenly emits from the scope... Apollo: "Concentrate on the driver's side." Boomer presses a circuit button on the scope. Boomer: "Narrowing scanner range to living being whose hands and feet were on these pedals. (checks indicators) No doubt about it... Human..." Apollo: "Throw it on tracer and let's get this over with." Boomer throws another switch and suddenly flourescent traces of hand and footprints glow all over the shed leading away from the power sled. Adama looks at Bogon whose confidence is ebbing. Starbuck: "Like following a baby's cry." Belloby: "Land, would Id've liked to have had a thing like that a couple of times pirates jumped my work force. Never could prove nothing but I always suspected half my own crew." Adama: "This leaves no room for doubt, Sire Bogon. Strap on your lasers, boys..." Bogon: "Look... if I may concede that you will find the culprits in the Chancery, take my advice... Forget them." Adama: "Forget them?" Bogon: "Look at the moon?" POINT OF VIEW - A moon rising up over the buildings... Bogon: "Don't you see... it's almost time." Adama: "I don't know what you're talking about... Belloby, you wait here with Boomer in case there's trouble inside."
- INSIDE THE CHANCERY - Apollo, Starbuck, Adama and Bogon enter and stop short in their tracks. Things have changed. People are hurriedly piling tables and chairs in front of the windows... and at the back doors. Our boys exchange looks. Starbuck: "Musta' thought we'd come in with our lasers blazing." Bogon: "It isn't you they're expecting." Apollo: "You stay out of this, Bogon." Starbuck, who now has the scanner, heads directly for Dipper who is crouching down behind a table at a point where he can get a narrow look at the street outside. Starbuck: "On your feet, Dipper. You're under arrest." Dipper: "Huh?" Suddenly Bogon rushes over. Bogon: "Men... Men... please. This is no time for law and order. Take cover... quickly! The moon is almost high. All except you, Starbuck. You'd better get out there in the street unless you want a dead town on your conscience." Suddenly the room seems to be shaking. Not from something close at hand but something far off in the distance... like an earthquake. Bogon: "Good God, it's time... they're coming. Lights out, everyone." Suddenly people start turning out the lights. Bogon: "Quickly... quickly, get out there... or there'll be no stopping them." Apollo: "Belloby and Boomer are out there, alone." Starbuck: "You, you and you... on your feet! You're going out there with us." Starbuck shoves his laser in Dipper's ribs and the trio reluctantly rise up and move out. Apollo, Starbuck and Adama, with their prisoners, charge for the door. Bogon calls after them. Bogon: "If I may suggest taking a stand at the edge of town... A few shots over their heads will generally discourage the majority of them. The rest... (as they exit) Well, you'll find out."
- IN THE STREET Adama, Belloby and Apollo are looking off into the distance. Belloby: "What is it? It sounds like a deep earth tremor." Apollo: "It's the Borays. They're coming!" Belloby: "A few Borays... That's nothing to worry about." Adama: "Belloby... You get inside that jail and crouch down in the dark." Apollo: "Father, I suggest you go with her while we take a stand at the edge of town." Adama: "I'll be there beside you." Starbuck comes rushing out of the jailhouse with Boomer and their three prisoners, each carrying a rifle. Starbuck: "Negative. As Constable of this town I'm ordering all of you civilians back inside. The jail looks safe." Apollo: "Starbuck, what are you talking about? You're not going out there alone." The rumble and roaring is getting louder. Starbuck: "They're a herd, Apollo. You turn one... you turn 'em all." Apollo: "And get yourself killed in the process. The more of us they see out there the less likely they'll ride over us." Adama: "He's right. We'll take up positions at the edge of town... Quickly." Suddenly the four men are running. Belloby: "I am not going to cower on the floor like some infant daggit." Adama: "Belloby, you do as you're told. Now that's an order!" The men continue on up the street. Belloby mumbles under her breath and heads for the jail building.
- ON THE ROAD a fast look at a cloud of dust and a tribe of wild Borays riding thunder in their eyes and a curse on their lips. The look is massive, diffused and horrifying... especially the creature in the lead... Nogow. ON OUR FOUR HEROES as they stand two yards apart across the main street... their weapons drawn... moving down the line stoically to see the fierce determination in their eyes. POINT OF VIEW - A cloud of dust and a shouting that is so gutteral and loud that it would make charging Indians on the planet Earth sound like a girls' nursery school choir... The ground begins to shake around our heroes. BACK TO OUR HEROES - Apollo: "Lord, there're a lot of them." Adama: "Let's give them plenty of notice." Apollo fires into the air. POINT OF VIEW - Moving from the Borays straight for the four young men. BACK ON THE FOUR MEN - Starbuck: "They aren't stopping." Adama: "Keep firing." Starbuck: "I'm going to start firing at them." Apollo: "Wait." ON THE HERD as the lead Boray suddenly swings his loping animal and veers off and away from the main street. Boomer: "YaaaaHooooo!" Adama: "We did it!" Bogon: "Not yet. That was the easy part." Apollo: "There's a harder part?" Starbuck: "They head straight for the storage bins... grab everything they can tote, then head back for town and more diversionary appetites." ON THE FOOD BINS as they swarm with Borays filling black sacks and tossing them out to Borays on their animals... it is swift and efficient and the noise is more subdued than before. Suddenly the stealing is over and it is time to ride again. IN THE STREET on our warriors. Boomer: "Sounds like it's over." ON DIPPER - Dipper: "Uh, uh... The worst is yet to come. Once they get fed, they get real brave and lusty." Then we pick up in the jail where Belloby says, "I'm not going to stand around here and let Adama handle them alone."
- After Adama shouts, "Fire in front of them! Now!" and they begin to fire: ON THE BORAYS as the ground begins to ignite with laser fire... the Borays seem to ride around the fire and continue ahead. More laser fire... finally, as they reach a point less than a hundred yards away, they slow and stop. ON NOGOW as he holds up his hand in confusion. ON OUR WARRIORS - Apollo: "Hold it... they've stopped." BACK TO NOGOW - his senses reeling in confusion. He grunts something to the others. ON APOLLO - Apollo: "I don't think they've ever seen laser fire." Starbuck: "We may have to drop one to let 'em know what it can do." Adama: "No. Try not to start something we can't finish. If they want to start throwing their spears... There're just too many of them." ON NOGOW as he lets out a last cry of triumph... turns his mount back to face the foursome and charges... amidst a frightening din of chants. BACK TO THE FOURSOME - Starbuck: "Now what?" Adama: "Stand your ground for as long as possible... then go for cover." They begin firing into the air... the horde continues in. Suddenly the warriors jump back to each side of the street. The horde throw their spears which fly by imbedding themselves into the buildings around our ducking warriors. Apollo: "They're not stopping." Adama breaks into a smile. Adama: "Even herd animals have their pride. They had to show us their courage and..." ON THE JAIL - Belloby has suddenly charged out and into the street wielding her weapon. Belloby: "If you've killed Adama, I'll show you, you miserable fuzze faxed... Ahhh." ON NOGOW as he leans out of the saddle (or whatever is camouflaged for these creatures to perch on) and sweeps Belloby up into his powerful arm and continues riding up the street. ON THE HORDE as they round the corner and disappear off into the darkness, their chants grow dimmer and dimmer. FADE OUT.
- After Belloby is captured by the Borays, Bogon says, "My good men... Never have we witnessed such bravery. Do you realize what's happened here this day? We did not lose one single citizen. Ordinarily the spears take a disheartening toll before their foul work is done." Dipper: "Then there're the women that they capture." Bogon: "Let's not talk about this! Tonight we're delivered." Adama: "No... Tell me... These women... What happens?" Bogon: "You don't want to know. Come, let's celebrate our good fortune." Apollo: "I'm afraid we can't do that, Sire Bogon. We lost one of our people." Bogon: "But when... There were only four of you out there... and when we ran out and saw the Bores' running for their lives..." Adama: "They had our woman with them." Bogon: "Oh, my lord... No..." Dipper: "Well, that's that. She's a goner. Let's get drunk and put it out of our minds." Starbuck and Boomer move up. Starbuck: "Did I hear right? They grabbed Belloby?" Boomer: "I thought she was tucked away safely inside the jail." Apollo: "Father... it wasn't anyone's fault." Adama: "No... Of course not." Boomer: "That's right. If she'd done what she was told..." Starbuck: "For all practical purposes, we were at war with these people. We had to expect casualties. As it was we got off lucky." Apollo: "Very lucky." Adama: "Yes." Bogon: (nods) "Very sensible. All right, everyone... into my Chancery. The refreshments are on me." Another cheer and the street quickly clears... except for Adama, Boomer, Apollo, and Starbuck who stand crestfallen... their heads studying the ground. Not one of them up to discussing the inevitable. At the last possible moment... Bogan looks back and steps back down off the rise of the Chancery and moves back to the four warriors. There is a moment of silent communication. Bogon: "You're not ordinary farmers. In fact... there's only one legendary brigade in the universe that could match the courage I just witnessed. (a long beat) I'm honored to be able to say I've stood in the presence of Warriors from the Great Colonies." The four young men sheepishly swing looks at Bogon. Bogon: "I'm so ashamed to have deceived you into defending our town. I guess desperation is the evil soul of expedience in weak men... but you're not like us. You know what you must so... and I salute you for it."
- As the four warriors prepare to go after Belloby, Bogon says, "It's a fair trade, Sire, and I assure you the seed will be packed and ready when you return." Adama: "See that it is. The Constable will hold your contract." Bogon: "The path we've indicated is the only one we know..."
- As they get very near the Borays, Apollo says, "They've been watching us now for a centon." ON THE HIGH CLIFFS - A Boray peering around a rock... his spear poised, but unmoving. IN ANOTHER DRAW the men ride on. Starbuck: "What're they waiting for? If they want a fight... let's get it over with." Adama: "They're wary of our weapons." Apollo: "But we're also riding directly into their stronghold. They've plenty of time to just overwhelm us by sheer numbers." Starbuck: "That's a great plan, Captain. What've you got up your sleeve for us?" Apollo: "Nogow... their leader would seem to be the key. If we could get to him... they'd clearly follow him."
- When Belloby says, "Adama... Oh, thank God. What courage. What love must have brought you here to deliver me, my darling", Adama answers, "Be quiet, Belloby. We're a long way from delivering anybody. He has a thousand warriors surrouding us." Belloby: "Well, for God sakes, Adama... Do something."
- After Starbuck leaves, the Borays begin to move forward. Boomer: "Commander..." Adama: "I see them. They're working up their courage to charge." Apollo: "Stay low... We'll rapid fire and get as many as we can before..." Adama and Apollo exchange looks of affection. Adama: "I'm sorry, son." Apollo: "So am I... But we gave it our best shot." The Borays are starting to lift their spears when... Nogow: "Stop!" The spears freeze over the head of the Borays. Starbuck moves directly out of the hut, with Belloby at his side. They move directly up to the group. Adama: "Starbuck... He bought it?" Starbuck: "Nothing to it.. The minute you said he was a lazy, self-centered opportunist, I knew we'd talked the same language. Belloby... you'll have to ride doube with Adama." Apollo: "Starbuck, what in the universe..." Adama: "You'd better let him explain later... Let's not press our luck..." Quickly the group turns and head out. Nogow shouts commands which cause the Borays behind the group to part like the Red Sea. They ride out right up the middle. FADE OUT
The Young Lords
Taken from the original script:
- This is the complete conversation that takes place between Starbuck and Boomer at the beginning. Starbuck: "Boomer. I just reached a big decision. And I feel you should be the first to know." Boomer: "There's only two of us out here." Starbuck: (looks off) "See that red star forty degrees to port?" Boomer: "Gotcha. What's the big decison?" Starbuck: "I was staring at it... and from out of the blue, the words of my ol' flight instructor came back to me. (imitates old flight instructor) Starbuck, a Viper pilot only flies three Vipers: the one he trains in; the one he escapes from... and the one he dies in." Boomer: (irritated) "Starbuck, it's been a long mission. You're tired." Starbuck: "Gambling and socializing between alerts. That's the big decision. (beat) I'm giving them up." Boomer: "The gambling...? A tiny maybe. But the socializing...? Uh, uh. (shakes his head) Not a chance." Starbuck: "D'you wanna bet?" Boomer: (suddenly alert) "Starbuck... the scanner!" And then the Cylons attack.
- As soon as Spectre orders the remaining Cylon raider to return to base, Boomer comes from behind and destroys it. Boomer: (looks back over his shoulder) "That's for Starbuck."
- In Adama's bed chambers, after Cassiopea says, "You won't be for long if you don't get some sleep", Adama says (looking at Apollo), "Why people feel the compulsive need to continually offer advice to the sick is beyond me." Cassiopea: "Because some people are too stubborn to take it!"
- After Apollo says that he and Boomer will take a shuttle to go after Starbuck, Adama says (looking at Athena and Cassiopea), "I don't suppose you could use an extra pilot and med tech?" Apollo: (laughs) "No, sir." Adama lies back weakly. Adama: "I thought you'd say that."
- After Starbuck surrenders to the Cylons, he says, "Take it easy, fellas. Let's not do something I'm going to regret." Cylon Commander: "On your feet, humanoid." Starbuck: "Easier said than done."
- There is more dialogue after Starbuck tells the Cylon, "At least we don't rust." Starbuck: "Did you hear that?" Cylon Commander: "What?" Starbuck: "A squeak. (looks down) Sounded like your ankle. There it is again! I think you could use a little lubricant. Petro-based number seven ought to..." Cylon Commander: "Silence!" Starbuck: "Just trying to help."
- After Kyle tells Starbuck he won't find better warriors in the galaxy than them, Miri says, "You'll have to excuse Kyle. He thinks he's so... grown up since we let him play leader." Kyle: "I do not play at being leader, Miri." Starbuck: "No... You don't. You're really very good."
- After Staruck and the children finish practicing their song inside the cave, the children laugh with elation. Starbuck: "If nothing else... we sure sound good. (beat) Once more... all together." We move in tight on the map scratched into the ground as... ALL: (v.o.) "Through the tunnel, under the land..."
- There is a final scene that occurs on the Galactica bridge. Colonel Tigh is seated in Adama's chair addressing operations. Omega: "Long-range scanner indicate distant activity in the Tau sector... six hectares." Tigh: (crisp order) "Launch a patrol. Flight Sergeants Jolly and Giles --" Rigel: "Short-range transmission from Captain Apollo's shuttle... mission successful... requesting vectors." ON ADAMA - He is standing behind Tigh, just below the flying bridge. He smiles at the news. We pull back to see Tigh with his back to Adama. Tigh: "We can't risk a transmission until we know what is in Tau sector. Launch a second patrol... Lieutenant Dietra and Athena. Have them establish visual contact and lead the shuttle home. (beat) What's the status of our number three pulse engine?" Omega: "Three centares until repairs are completed." Tigh: "Tell engineering they have one... we may have to move quickly." Omega: "Yes, sir. I also have a request to close launch tubes six and eight for maintenance." Tigh: "Only after number three engine is back on the line. (beat) Switch long-range scan to widesweep once the recon patrol is launched." CLOSE ON ADAMA as he turns and quietly starts to leave the bridge. He runs right into Cassiopea. Cassiopea: (sternly) "What do you think you're doing here... sir?" Adama turns and looks at Tigh. ADAMA'S POINT OF VIEW - COLONEL TIGH'S BACK - Still giving orders... everything under control. BACK ON ADAMA AND CASSIOPEA - Adama: (softly) "Why... Going to get some sleep." He exits and we move in on Cassiopea's face... in shock. GALACTICA AND FLEET - FADE OUT - THE END
- There is a slightly earlier script of this episode called The Young Warriors. In it, the planet Starbuck crashes on is called Trillion, not Atilla.
The Living Legend
From the original script
- In part 2, after Cain tells Cassiopea she can't come with him to the Pegasus, he says, "I love you... Now try to spend some time with my daughter, Sheba." Cassiopea: "How can I? She hates me." Cain: "Try. I love you, Cassi." This helps explain why Cassiopea insists on accompanying the strike team when she learns they don't have a med-tech.
- In the launch bay after Cassiopea says, "You do, now", Apollo says, "Cassiopea... Oh for-" Boomer: (coming out of the shuttle) "We're microns from launch." Cassiopea starts to move past Starbuck. Starbuck: "Where do you think you're going?" Cassiopea: "On the mission." Starbuck: "Dressed like that? This is a jump." Cassiopea: "Everything I need is in this carry-all." She pushed her way aboard. Sheba: "I'm not allowing her on the same shuttle with me." Apollo: "It's not up to you. She's one of us."
- There is more dialogue between Baltar and Lucifer on the Cylon basestar. Lucifer: "Baltar..." Baltar: (angrily turns around to face him) "What is it?" Lucifer: "We must talk." Baltar: "Not now." Lucifer: "But time is of the essence. I'm sorry your victory didn't work out quite the way you had planned..." Baltar: "Get out of here!" Lucifer: "Baltar... Even the Imperious Leader in one of his most difficult moods could hardly blame you for running from two battlestars." Baltar: "I did not run. I executed a tactical retreat, you imbecile." Lucifer: "There is no reason to be abusive. You forget... I am on your side. I have placed my fate in your hands. My rise to a position of supremacy over my fellow I.L. series is completely dependent on your success... Or lack thereof..." Baltar: "Spare me the felgercarb. What is the latest intelligence? As if I should put any faith in scanners that cannot predict the presence of two battlestars rather than one."
- On Gamoray, there is more dialogue between the two I.L. series Cylons shortly before Imperious Leader arrives. I.L. One: "This is indeed an auspicious occasion. How often does the Imperious Leader himself journey all the way from Cylon?" I.L. Two: "I question the wisdom of allowing to come to a capitol that is anything but secured." I.L. One: "Not secured? Does a single member of the Delphian society remain alive? Did we not conquer these feeble people and take her buildings intact? This lovely hall would have taken much of our resources had we to construct it ourselves. Resources much better applied to our war efforts throughout the universe." Bronze Centurion: (enters) "Attenton... Attention... His emminence, the Imperious Leader, will be with us shortly. His ship has landed at the airdome and he is even now on his way... to the Grand Hall." A cheer goes up. I.L. One: "There... you see. Nothing to worry about. He has arrived safely." I.L. Two: "Only because we worked night and day to repair the field from the last human raid. I wish we could rid ourselves of that insidious race once and for all." I.L. One: "Only a question of time, isn't it?"
- When the Gold Centurion and his aides leave the Imperious Leader, Starbuck and Boomer hide in an alcove and hear the Cylon commander say, "Search the grounds. I'll be at central control." They follow him and that is how they discover where the central control room is.
- Before the two I.L. series Cylons are destroyed by the attacking Colonial vipers, they speak. I.L. One: "Oh, this is not to be believed... This is our Southern Capitol." I.L. Two: "Was our Southern Capitol. I've never seen so many ships. I thought the humans were all but extinct." I.L. One: "Apparently, our Imperious Leader has been misinforming us..." I.L. Two: "Or has been misinformed by someone else." I.L. Two: "I'd not like to be in his walkers whoever that is..." (implying Baltar)
- After Baltar orders his raiders to head to Gomaray to save Imperious Leader, Lucifer says, "If you succeed, Baltar... You will be greeted on Gamoray as the greatest military leader in the history of Cylon. That is... if there still is a Gamoray."
- In a scene that was obviously changed, Starbuck pilots the shuttle from Gamoray to the Pegasus.
- In the medical bay, after Cain says, "You make it sound like it's my own personal war", Cassiopea says, "I don't know... There's just a side of you I see sometimes that frightens me... What would you do without all this fighting... and..." Cain: "Cassi... The alternative is complete obliteration for us." Cassiopea: "I can't believe that... I can't believe that God would let these hateful creatures take over the universe." She turns away from the patient. Cain: (following her) "Maybe it's our own fault. Where did these machines learn war? From the living creatures that programmed them thousands of yahrens ago. Creatures like us." Cassiopea: "No... Not like us. We have the capacity to love. They have no idea what it's like to feel, and care, and love..." Cain: "Do you think we'll ever find time for ours? Have you decided what you want to do about us?" Then the injured Sheba is wheeled in before she has a chance to answer.
Fire In Space
From the original script:
- After Adama says, "Launch Blue Squadron", we go back to the Rejuvenation Center where a steady red light is seen, but everyone goes about their business except Athena, Boxey, Boomer, and Muffit, who stand listening to the sound of the last Viper being launched. When it's gone, the red lights go off and normal lighting comes up. Boxey: "I sure hope Dad will be okay." Boomer: "Your dad knows how to take care of himself. Rack 'em up, Boxey." (Boxey places a round rack on the table and starts putting balls into it during: Athena: "Besides, so far it's just an alert."
- In the very next scene, we see VIPERS FLYING FORMATION - VIPER COCKPITS - ON APOLLO, STARBUCK, AND SHEBA - INTERCUT as they react to what they see ahead of them: Sheba: "This is going to be like shooting pisces in a container." Starbuck: "And the container is overflowing." Apollo: "Galactica bridge, we have a problem." APOLLO'S POINT OF VIEW - Cylon fighters as far as the eye can see.
- When the siren in the Rejuvenation Center wails, Boomer yells, "Major attack force! They'll need me!"
- In the very next scene, we see FOUR VIPERS - APOLLO, STARBUCK, SHEBA, AND JOLLY rocketing to meet the Cylon attackers. APOLLO'S COCKPIT - INTERCUT as he watches his scanner. Apollo: "Here comes company... a lot more than we usually get." CYLON FIGHTERS coming on fast. VIPER COCKPITS - APOLLO, STARBUCK, AND SHEBA - INTERCUT - Starbuck: "What kind of welcome we gonna give give 'em?" Sheba: "There's more than one kind? Let's get them!" Apollo: "No! Divert 'em. Keep 'em away from the Galactica until the other squadrons get there. I'm gonna monitor their frequency and see what they're up to." He switches frequencies. THE FOUR VIPERS bank away in a high G-turn. CYLON FIGHTERS boring in... lots of them! CYLON COCKPIT - Centurion: "Ignore the Colonial Vipers. Our mission is to crash directly into the Galactica." VIPER COCKPITS - APOLLO, STARBUCK, AND SHEBA - INTERCUT - Starbuck: "Hey, they're not changing course!" Sheba: "They act like they don't even see us." Apollo switches back to combat frequency. Apollo: (realizing) "They don't want us! They're gonna crash into the Galactica!" GALACTICA BRIDGE - Adama and Tigh react as they hear. Apollo's Voice: (from radio) "Let's go! And for Sagan's sake, don't miss any!" THE FOUR VIPERS pull a high-G turn, drop in behind the Cylon fighters. STARBUCK'S COCKPIT - Lining up a Cylon fighter. Starbuck fires. The Cylon fighter explodes in a ball of flame. Starbuck: "Now you see it... now you don't." Apollo: (from radio) "Less talk and more work! We haven't made a dent in them yet!" LIFE CENTER - CASSIOPEA AND DR. SALIK as she finishes checking supplies and equipment. Other medical personnel move about their tasks in b.g. Cassiopea: (upset) "We're prepared to receive casualties, Doctor. Everything is ready." Salik: (sighs) "God willing, we won't have to use any of it. (beat) But I know from experience, that's too much to hope for." Cassiopea quickly turns away. Salik gently takes her by the shoulders and turns her around. Tears are streaming down her cheeks. Salik: (gently) "Cassiopea..." Cassiopea: "It's the waiting... I hate the waiting. It gives me time to think... How many?... Who?... (beat) I'm sorry." Salik: (gently) "No. Don't apologize. I cry too... when it's over... and I'm alone." She clutches him, burying her face in his shoulder.
- When Starbuck, Apollo, and Sheba are about to launch, and Apollo says "When you pull up after your run, watch it or the increased G0factor will slam you right into the hull", Starbuck answers, "Sheba maybe, but not me." Apollo: "Starbuck, this is every bit as dangerous as flying against the Cylons." Starbuck: "That easy, eh? (looking out) Looks like we're all loaded."
- When Boomer asks Athena how one of the injured is doing and she says, "Not good. Neither are the rest of us", Boomer turns, looks across the compartment. Boomer: "Maybe we could all learn something from him." THEIR POINT OF VIEW - Boxey, sitting on a container, his eyes glued to the open vent. Boomer: (o.s.) "There's no doubt in his mind that any minute Muffit is gonna show up leading a battalion of fire fighters." Hold on Boxey for a beat.
- When Tigh attaches the bag of life masks to Muffit for him to take back to Boomer and the others, Tigh says, "Muffit's programming includes the ability to retrace his steps."
- This is the alternate ending that the writers originally wanted but the network overruled because they felt it would have been two repetitive to have the Cylons attack twice. After Tigh says to Apollo, "If I had a choice, I'd say no," we hear Sheba's Voice: (from the radio) "Colonel..." SHEBA'S COCKPIT - INTERCUT - SHEBA watching the swarm of trianglular blips appear on her scanner. Sheba: "...Cylon fighters. Looks like another major attack force." EXT. HULL - Apollo and Starbuck react. Apollo: "Colonel, we sure could use some protection!" STARFIELD - The seemingly endless formation of Cylon fighters comes into view. THE BRIDGE - Red alert is on. The red lights are on, the klaxon blares. Tigh: (into radio) "Sheba, you'll fly close cover for Apollo and Starbuck. They're gonna need it... especially if it's another suicide run." SHEBA'S COCKPIT - Sheba: "Yes, sir." Tigh's Voice: (from radio) "Giles, you're leading Blue and Red Squadrons now." Giles: "Yes, sir." VIPERS IN FORMATION Sheba's Viper banks into a dive as the rest rocket ahead. STARFIELD as the Vipers, turbolasers blazing, engage the Cylons! OPERATING ROOM - Everyone is frozen, looking upward. Over the sounds of the anesthetic and the monitors, the muffled blaring of the klaxon is heard. Cassiopea: (without emotion) "Cylons." Salik: "Right now, they're not as dangerous as that generator. We're ready to open the heart wall. (beat, then holds out his hand) Finite micro laser." Cassiopea takes the small laser from the tray, slaps it into Salik's hand. He looks up at the light for a beat as though willing it not to dim. Then he takes a breath and bends to Adama's exposed heart! THE BRIDGE - The klaxon stops as the red lights remain on. Omega: "Red alert in force, sir. Standby squadrons ready to launch." Tigh: "Launch."
- STARBOARD LAUNCHING TUBE - One after the other, the Vipers rocket through it. EXT. HULL - APOLLO AND STARBUCK working feverishly as Sheba's Viper streaks into view. INT. SHEBA'S COKPIT - Sheba: "Get inside as fast as you can, fellas. You look awfully vulnerable from up here." Apollo: "Come on, Starbuck! Hurry!" CORRIDOR OUTSIDE GENERATOR #2 COMPARTMENT - The four fire fighters are being pushed back by the advancing flames as the seal around the compartment door is beginning to smoke and fall away in pieces. STORAGE COMPARTMENT - BOXEY AND BOOMER as Boxey still watches the vent. Boomer puts his arm around the boy. INT. AIR DUCT - MUFFIT races through the flames whipping in through a vent and continues heading back toward the storage compartment with the precious life masks. CORRIDOR OUSIDE SOLIUM STORAGE COMPARTMENT - A bulkhead door is labeled: "DANGER, SOLIUM. NO SMOKING." Four different fire fighters train hoses on a smouldering door at the end of the corridor. Suddenly the door blows in and roaring flames boil through it. The men retreat slowly step by step only as the heat becomes too intense. STARFIELD - VIPERS AND CYLON FIGHTERS engaged in a huge battle! Outnumbered, the Vipers can't prevent the Cylons from progressing toward the Galactica. INT. GILES' COCKPIT - INTERCUT - GILES as he lines up a Cylon in his sights and blasts him into twinkling space dust! Giles: "There's too many! We can't stop them all from getting through!" CYLON COCKPIT - THREE CENTURIONS - Centurion: "Observe the Galactica." THEIR POINT OF VIEW - In the distance, the Galactica can clearly be seen burning. Centurion: (o.s.) "Three centons to infinity coordinates. Prepare laser fire to insure success." From the direction of the Galactica, the other two Viper squadrons rocket into view, coming straight on. GILES COCKPIT as he blows another Cylon to bits. Giles: "Here come our other squadrons! Now we got'em by their ion tails!" DOOR TO SOLIUM STORAGE - It's melting!
- OPERATING ROOM - ALL - As Adama lies anesthetized, Salik works intently, the others assisting. Salik: "Another few centons is all we need." THE BRIDGE - TIGH AND OMEGA watching the rising temperature gauges. Tigh: (into radio) "Hurry, Apollo! An extra micron could make the difference!" EXT. HULL - APOLLO AND STARBUCK - They've finished setting the charges. Apollo: (into radio) "That's it, Colonel. We're heading for the detonator!" They start to move off. INT. STORAGE COMPARTMENT - Boxey and Boomer at the open vent. Athena joins them. All three are perspiring heavily and coughing. They share a life mask with Boxey getting the most. Boxey: "We're waiting for Muffit, Athena. He won't let us down." She embraces him. She looks toward one of the doors. HER POINT OF VIEW - The seal is smoking and beginning to fall away. INT. AIR DUCT - MUFFIT runnng, pulling his precious cargo of life masks. EXT. HULL - APOLLO AND STARBUCK - SLOW MOTION - Making their way toward the detonator at the hatch, they approach one of the charges they set earlier. A blue laser beam slices the void, striking close to the nearby charge, sending up a shower of sparks! They turn and look! THEIR POINT OF VIEW - A Cylon fighter, lasers blazing, boring right in! SHEBA'S COCKPIT - Apollo: (from radio) "Sheba! He's coming in fast!" She follows the attacking Cylon, lines it up and blows it up in a dazzling explosion! Sheba: "Not faster than me!" ANOTHER CYLON FIGHTER boring in for the kill. EXT. HULL - CLOSE ON APOLLO AND STARBUCK as they reach the small push-button detonator. Apollo picks it up, ready to fire when: Sheba's Voice: (from radio) "Another Cylon coming, Apollo! I can't line him up!" Apollo and Starbuck look up. SHEBA'S COCKPIT - Ahead of her, a Cylon fighter weaves back and forth as it heads for the Galactica. Sheba is firing near-misses. CYLON COCKPIT illuminated by flashes of the near-misses. Centurion: "Prepare for oblivion." EXT. HULL - CLOSE ON APOLLO AND STARBUCK as they watch the Cylon fighter approach. Sheba's Voice: (from radio) "He's gonna ram!" Starbuck: "Maybe you can get him with the explosion!" Apollo: "If I time it just right. (into radio) Break off, Sheba. That's an order." SHEBA'S COCKPIT - INTERCUT - Sheba: "All right, Captain. I hope you know what you're doing." She pulls up and away from the weaving Cylon fighter.
- STORAGE COMPARTMENT - Everyone waiting for the end. The coughing is continuous as the few life masks are passed around. ANGLE - BOXEY, ATHENA, AND BOOMER - Between coughing, we hear a faint barking. Boxey is the only one who hears it. He looks up, alert. Boxey: "Muffit! I hear Muffit!" Another bark, closer! Athena and Boomer hear it now!" ANGLE - THE VENT as Muffit appears, sits and barks! Boxey hugs him happily. ANGLE - ALL - The group looks, begins to come to life. Muffit runs out and the life-mask conainers trail out after. Boomer: "Life masks! Pass them around!" The people eagerly take the containers. Boxey starts putting one on the critically inured young crewman. Boomer opens the metal box on Muffit's collar, extracts the note during: Athena: "They'll save us from the smoke but not from the fire." ANGLE ON THE DOORS - Small flames beginning to spurt in! EXT. HULL - APOLLO AND STARBUCK as they wait, Apollo's hand on the detonator. The tension is almost unbearable! Apollo: "Another few microns...." CYLON COCKPIT - The Galactica rushing up! STORAGE COMPARTMENT - Some have life masks on, others are donning them. Boomer is reading the note. He reacts! Boomer: (urgently) "Put 'em on and take cover! They're gonna blow the hull!" The rest quickly put theirs on. Athena checks Boxey's. Everyone tries to find some cover from the explosion. OPERATING ROOM - Salik slowly straightens up, looks wearily at the others for a beat, then: Salik: "It's all over. (beat) He'll be okay." Evrerybody breaks into happy grins. THE BRIDGE - Tigh: (into radio) "Apollo, we're out of time!" DOOR TO GENERATOR COMPARTMENT blows in in a rush of flame! DOOR TO SOLIUM STORAGE blows in in a rush of flame! EXT. HULL - APOLLO AND STARBUCK watching the approaching Cylon! Apollo: "Now!" He presses the detonator button! GALACTICA AND CYLON FIGHTER - The first explosion blows the Cylon fighter to atoms! Another charge explodes almost immediately. CORRIDOR OUTSIDE THE GENERATOR ROOM - A huge explosion further down the corridor and the flames die. CORRIDOR OUTSIDE SOLIUM STORAGE - An explosion in an adjacent corridor and the flames die. STORAGE COMPARTMENT - Everyone covers their heads as an explosion rocks them. (Note: If possible, show smoke running out around seal of door by reversing film). INT. BURNING PORT LANDING BAY - A huge explosion and the flames die. GALACTICA - From space, we see the gaping hole and watch the flames die.
- SHEBA'S COCKPIT - Sheba: "Couldn't have done better myself, Captain! THE BRIDGE - TIGH - In b.g., Omega and other crewman happily thump each other on the back as they watch the temperature gauges. Tigh: (into radio) "You did it, Apollo! You and Starbuck did it!" No response. Tigh is alarmed. Tigh: "Apollo!... Starbuck!..." EXT. HULL - APOLLO AND STARBUCK - Their adrenaline has stopped pumping. Apollo sags, thinking of what has happened to his family. Tigh's Voice: (from radio) "...Are you all right?" Starbuck: "We're in one piece, Colonel. (looking at Apollo) Any word on Apollo's family?" Tigh: "Yes, His father wants to see him." Both Apollo and Starbuck brighten. FADE OUT - END OF ACT FOUR - FADE IN - LIFE CENTER short time later. Adama, fully awake, is in a life pod. Apollo arrives. They look at each other with mixed emotions... each grateful that the other has survived, yet sharing the grief of what they believe to be a horrible loss. Apollo: (choked) "Father, Athena and Boxey..." Adama: (interrupting) "I know. I wish it had been me, instead." Athena's Voice: "We're glad it wasn't anyone." ANGLE - INCLUDING ATHENA AND BOXEY - Apollo and Adama can't believe their eyes! Spechless, Apollo embraces both of them as Adama gazes up at them. Adama: (to himself) "Dear God, thank you." ANGLE - SALIK AND INJURED CREWMAN - Salik examines the badly injured young crewman as other survivors are being attended to in the b.g. Salik: "You're gonna be okay, son. But if someone hadn't given you constant care, you wouldn't be here now." ANGLE - CASSIOPEA AND BOOMER as she treats his burned hand. Cassiopea: "I heard that if it wasn't for you, no one would've made it." Boomer: "I just did what had to be done." Starbuck enters the shot. Starbuck: "Don't be so modest, Boomer. When you're a hero, you gotta act like it. Take me blowing the hull for instance." Boomer gives Cassiopea a conspiratorial look. They both smile. Boomer: "Blowing the hull? Couldn't be as tough as hot-linking a sealed bulkhead door. Do you know anything about hovermobiles?" Starbuck looks at him, puzzled, then: Starbuck: "Just that the only thing easier to hot-link is a sealed bulkhead door." Apollo grins. Boomer does too. ANGLE - ADAMA, APOLLO, ATHENA, AND BOXEY - As Boxey disengages from his father's embrace, he looks at the tears in Apollo's eyes. Boxey: "Why are you crying, Dad?" Apollo: "I... I guess I got smoke in my eyes." Boxeylooks in on Adama's tear-streaked face. Boxey: "You got smoke in your eyes, too, Grandpa?" Adama: (smiling) "No, Boxey. (beat) I'm crying because in my entire life, I've never been as happy as I am at this moment." Boxey grins. He understands. THE END
War of the Gods
From the original script
- After Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba land on the red planet, they look "off in the distance. A lone figure stands at the crest of the hill... strangely backlighted... his cloak blowing in the breeze as from behind him the sky suddenly darkens and gives way to a bolt of lightning." Then "he slowly turns and descends the crest, disappearing behind it." The three run after him and then find the crashed ship in the crater.
- Before leaving the planet, Apollo asks Count Iblis if he has ever heard of Earth. Iblis: "I have been there." Sheba: "Then you know where it is?" Iblis: "Yes."
- After Adama demands from Tigh to know why Iblis was taken to the bridge, Sheba attempts to take Iblis to the rejuvenation center, but he says, "No... It's time to find Commander Adama." Sheba: "Adama... you know him?" Iblis: "Someone must have mentioned his name on the bridge. Was it incorrect? Is he not your leader?" Sheba: "Oh, he's our leader, all right. This way..."
- After Sheba says to Apollo, "...you're far less sensitive than I thought you were" and leaves, Apollo looks after her and says, "She thinks I'm insensitive." Starbuck: "YOU? If she thinks YOU'RE insensitive, where does that leave me?"
- Not long after Iblis first meets Adama, the commander sits at his desk and speaks into his voicegraph: "Despite precautions, word of the mysterious stranger has swept throughout the fleet. His promises giving our people the first real hope they've had in a quarter yahren. Still... his presence, his unwillingness to submit to routine medical procedures leaves me with grave doubts about the integrity of his mind or his ability to deliver true service. One more major disappointment in the lives of our poor beleagured survivors might spell the end of our journey, or my ability to maintain order. Still, the possibility of hope..."
- On the agro ship, Iblis touches a tree, leaning against it. He tells Sheba, "Apollo is in your thoughts, but there is something... no someone else even more important." When Iblis and Sheba kiss, an old farmer comes around the corner and sees them, then turns away. When the lights appear and Iblis takes Sheba in his arms, he says, "Yes, but you are safe with me... They cannot touch you, so long as I am inside you..." The second sentence was removed by the censors due to its possible double-meaning. Anne Lockhart said the segment had to be reshot numerous times because she kept bursting into laughter every time Patrick Macnee spoke the line.
- On the Gemini freighter, after Apollo asks Iblis how he will deliver on his promises, Iblis paces away for a beat. He stops and thinks and listens. In his thoughts we see an image of the agro ships with the white lights streaking by... then disappearing. Iblis then tells Apollo to go to the agro ship and see for himself. This provides some proof of Apollo's later theory that it was the white lights rather than Count Iblis that caused the food on the agro ship to grow and multiply.
- Adama sits in his quarters and thinks about what has happened with the food: "Though our pilots have now been missing for nearly a secton, spirits throughout the fleet remain inordinately high due to the presence of Count Iblis and his nightly feats of magic and promise. Would that the Lords might tell me if he is our deliverer or our doom. I don't know which way to turn."
- In the council chambers, Iblis enters and Adama rises and says, "Count Iblis... May I present our Council of Twelve... If we are to turn our destiny over to you.. it is they who must make the final decision." Iblis: "You have agreed on three tests of my strength..."
- After Baltar surrenders and the council ajourns, Adama sits alone in his quarters, and Athena enters. Athena: "Father... come with me. I want you to attend the games." Adama: "I'm sorry, Athena, I can't think of games at a time like this..." Athena: "Father, you sound just like Apollo. He's decided not to play tonight. It's almost started a revolution within the ships." Adama: "So that's why you want me there. To convince Apollo to play." Athena: "Father, I don't think you understand how much these games have come to mean to everyone. At least you have command to occupy your thoughts. Some of these people have nothing to look forward to." Adama: "Yes, and... I've heard the wagering and rivalrys are causing trouble throughout the fleet." Athena: "Father, tonight is a special game. A championship. If Apollo doesn't play..." Adama: "I can't force him to compete... But I will speak to him." Athena: "Thank you."
- In a small locker area, Starbuck is taping his hands with aluminum tape as Boomer rounds a cabinet and comes into proximity. Boomer: "Without Apollo, I believe I'm about to win my first championship." Starbuck: "Thanks for the confidence, Boomer, but I can take you even with a substitute." Boomer: "You're taking this awfully well for a guy about to lose a championship over petty jealousy." Starbuck: "Apollo's not playing hasn't anything to do with Count Iblis and Sheba. I don't feel any better about playing this game than Apollo. Eight of our best men have disappeared without a trace. Here we are wagering... laughing... shouting... It doesn't seem right." Boomer: "But you're going through with it." Starbuck: "Boomer... We get out of these metal boxes once in a while... It keeps us from going crazy. What about the rest of the people in the fleet? Some of them have nothing else in their lives than what little entertainment these games provide..." Starbuck starts to move off. "Besides, it helps me get rid of some of my hostilities... So look out..."
- After the triad game on the Rising Star, when Starbuck and Apollo enter the festive area, Iblis is enjoying himself as Sheba is curled up beside him. When he sees Starbuck and Apollo, he becomes less enthused.
- After Starbuck says, "Why do I get the feeling I'd like this place you come from", Iblis puts an arm around Starbuck and says, "Come my young friend... Drink... That is a commandment." Starbuck (grins): "Can't offend a guest." Iblis: "More than a guest, Starbuck... Soon to be your Lord..."
- The morning after the party on the Rising Star, after the alert is sounded and the pilots wearily get up, there is a scene that occurs in the launch bay. Boomer: "I'm sorry, Apollo... Starbuck. I deserve irons for this kind of behavior. I just don't know what happened last night." Apollo: "I think I do." Starbuck: "Don't bother explaining it to me right now. I'm having trouble finding my left eyelid..." Apollo: "Can you fly?" Starbuck: "We'll soon find out, won't we?"
- Not long after Boomer disappears, there is a scene where Starbuck, Apollo, and Dr. Wilker are conducting an investigation on the agro ship. Farmer: "It's just like you see... bumper crops... Every tree is producing like nothing I've ever seen." Wilker: "Yes... except one... That one over there..." Farmer: "Oh, yeah... Now that is a little odd. I noticed that just a little while ago." Wilker: "What happened to it?" (The older farmer looks off as the Doctor walks up to the tree where Iblis and Sheba had conferred) Farmer: "I can't tell you... It's a mystery to me... It was as healthy as could be yesterday." Wilker: "Curious... It seems completely dead, and in so short a time." Farmer: "I'll tell you who might now. That miracle worker, Count Iblis, or whatever they call him." Apollo: "What's he got to do with it?" Farmer: "He must have seen that there was something wrong with it... He was standing right there next to it where you're standing now." (Apollo and Starbuck exhange looks) Starbuck: "Did he touch it?" Farmer: "Well, I didn't want to be nosey, him and the girl carrying on and all. But, yes... I think he did pull a leaf off... Sure enough right about there..." (Apollo and Starbuck again exchange looks) Wilker: "Well, that can't have anything to do with this bumper crop of food. I'd like to get back to my lab right away if it's all right, Captain." Apollo: "Let's go..." (If Iblis' touch was enough to kill the tree, then it provides more proof that it was the white lights that caused the crops to grow.)
- After Adama gives Tigh a false explanation for Apollo taking the shuttle, Tigh addresses Athena. Tigh: "The shuttle that just launched... Has it communicated its docking instructions with one of the passenger ships?" Athena: "Passenger ships? I don't think I understand. Shuttle Alpha just headed off across the quadrant." Tigh: "Across the quadrant?" Athena: "Is something wrong?" Tigh: "No... What could be wrong..." (Tigh moves off... again a little disoriented, but not confused)
- After Count Iblis storms out of Adama's quarters and Adam goes after him, Adama finds the corridor empty. He leans against the bulkhead... heavy in pain. Suddenly from around the corner, Sheba appears. She is almost running when she reaches Adama who appears to be crying. Sheba: "Adama... What is it?" Adama: "We have sold our souls to a demon." Sheba: "What are you talking about?" Adama: "Count Iblis..." Sheba: "The answer to our prayers. Our deliverer." Adama: "Tell that to my son... and Starbuck." Sheba: "Where are they?" Adama: "They have gone to prove Count Iblis for what he is." (Tigh suddenly rounds the corner and is upon them) Tigh: "Commander, are you all right?" Adama: "Did you tell the Count where Starbuck and Apollo went?" Tigh: "I didn't tell him anything about the shuttle. But he knew..." Adama: "Is he still on board?" Tigh: "So far as I know. Nothing else has launched towards the planet where we found his ship." Sheba: "So that's where they've gone? Those fools... All of you. Don't you know what you've done? We gave our word." (She turns and runs off up the corridor.) Tigh: "Sheba..." Adama: "Let her go. She's too blinded by Iblis to listen. Quickly, Tigh. We must find him." Tigh: "I don't think I understand." Adama: "That's because it's almost incomprehensible."
- When Starbuck and Apollo look into the wreckage of the ship, this is exactly what they see: A piece of metallic surface, highly scorched but out of which portrudes a foot-like extremity, except that its tip is clearly in the shape of a cloven hoof. (Then they lift the metal and toss it aside) They grimace in horror... Under the wreckage is the figure of a devil... a demon. (This segment was shot but the footage was edited out by the censors due to its possible satanic implications)
- After the white lights appear over Iblis, he says, "There are no rules. No one has dominion over me." Sheba: "I wonder... In all the universe are there not balances... rules... and counter rules... Even for an advanced race, there must be a greater law..."
- After the scene on the Ship of Lights, a shuttle lands on the Galactica. Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba climb down out of the shuttle to be embraced by Adama, Athena, Cassiopea, Boxey, Muffey, and Boomer. Apollo: "Boomer... I don't believe it." Boomer: "I hardly believe it myself." Apollo: "And the other pilots... Any sign of them?" Adam: "All safe... And apparently the victims of the same thing. Some kind of navigational pilfering at the hands of Iblis." Starbuck: "Navigational pilfering?" Athena: "Their ships started sending out distress signals from that burned out planet where you found Iblis." Adama: "We sent out a patrol and sure enough... every one of our warriors were sitting there... waiting... Out of fuel, but otherwise perfectly fine... As you can see. Now what about you? We'd almost given up hope... You were the ones we expected to find on the planet. Not the missing nine warriors." Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba exchange looks. Apollo: "It's been a long and hard to explain experience, father... I wonder if we could tell you about it a little more privately..." Adama: "Of course... of course... and maybe some food... Why not a feast?"
- In a slightly earlier script, the man that Apollo, Sheba, and Starbuck find on the red planet is named Prince Diabolis, not Count Iblis. Also, Apollo, Starbuck, and Sheba are all naked on the Ship of Lights.
- There is a different scene in the earlier script involving Apollo's decision to go back to the red planet. It takes place in a darkened landing bay. Starbuck stealthly gets off of the elevator and runs towards a shuttle. Reaching the door, he stops and looks around, then calls inside. Starbuck: "Apollo." Apollo appears at the shuttle hatch. He looks around behind Starbuck. Apollo: "What are you doing her?" Starbuck: "I'm coming with you." Apollo: "No. Now I thought we agreed. This is my gamble. I'm the only one that thinks there's something wrong with Diabolis. Starbuck: "You're the only one who's had the guts to take him on. What's your plan?" Adama: "Yes. I'd be interested in that myself." Apollo and Starbuck swing around, startled. Apollo swings a dirty look to Starbuck. Starbuck: "Sorry. I thought I wasn't followed." Adama: "You weren't. Boxey told me he saw Apollo slipping off with a flight bag. Well... let's hear it." Apollo: "Father, what I feel probably doesn't make any sense... But I cannot put my faith in Diabolis." Adama: "And why not, when he has done all that he promised?" Apollo: "Father, there are rational explanations for everything that's happened. The energy field set up by those mysterious apparitions or ships or whatever they are... The Doctor said they could have spurred the growth of our food. Baltar's appearance... Simply another result of those unexplained lights. He was as frightened as we were." Adama: "And what of Diabolis' knowledge of Earth?" Apollo: "That hasn't been proven." Adama: "How can it be, until we allow him the chance to show us the way?" Apollo: "There is one more test. The ship... the one he claims to have come from..." Adama: "You saw it with your own eyes." Apollo: "But we didn't examine it." Adama: "And why not?" Starbuck: "Because Prince Diabolis warned us away from it." Adama: "You didn't mention that in the debriefing." Starbuck: "That's my fault. I was handling the sensor. It reacted to the crash sight. Diabolis said it was Radion. I took his word for it." Adama: "But if a people's intelligence has reached a state where they can move objects with their will..." Apollo: "Maybe they can will sensors to react to nothing at all." Adama: "What do you propose?" Apollo: "I want to go back and examine that wreckage. See if I can find evidence to verify the state of technology of that craft and its people." Starbuck: "And I want to go with..." Adama: "Because you also sense a deception." Starbuck (falters for a moment): "No... Because Apollo does... And when it comes down to knowing right from wrong... I'll put my life in his hands any day." Adama: "Then go..." Apollo: "You don't object?" Adama: "Officially, I cannot support you. But you're free men. If you don't choose to follow Prince Diabolis, that's your right." (Apollo hugs his father. Apollo: "Thank you, father. You understand I would have asked you, except that..." Adama: "That... you didn't want to put me in a position of having to say no... Now the only problem I have is avoiding the Prince... His abilities to pick up thoughtwaves could be dangerous to you." Apollo: "We'll try to get there and back before we're missed." Adama: "God's speed."
- There is another alternate scene, on the Ship of Lights after Apollo is resurrected. Starbuck: "I don't know who you are... But whatever you want from me, you can have." Voice: "We want nothing from you." Starbuck: "Then why have you done this?" Voice: "Because we fight a common foe... The forces of darkness and evil." Starbuck: "Fellas... I feel like a fool talking to you. It's like a drone daggit in the presence of its creator. You're playing with us. We're like toys to you." Voice: "No... You are wrong. We are not your creators. We are more like your parents. You are barely born... barely able to move about... Surely as capable of harming yourselves and others as you are of giving love." Starbuck: "Then why bother with us?" Second Voice: "Because we love you... We want you to grow... and learn... and help others as we have helped you." Starbuck seems to be on the verge of tears as he fights to comprehend what he has been told. He turns and looks... Apollo and Sheba stand just inside the partition... Both of them, eyes filled with tears and faces filled with love and smiles. Starbuck moves hurriedly to them and embraces them. Starbuck: "I'm sorry to cry, Captain, but I don't think I've ever felt anything like this before in my life... It's like... like..." Apollo: "It's like love... pure, refined, absolute love... And we've been in its presence..." The trio embrace. Sheba: "Who's going to believe this?" They smile, then laugh... and laugh even more heartily.
The Man With Nine Lives
From the original script:
- In the first scene, after Apollo complains about losing a secton's pay betting on Starbuck's last system - Some of the pilots begin yelling at Sheba who's at the controls. Boomer: "Come on, Sheba, get this bird moving!" Jolly: "Kick in the after-rocket. Furlon will be over before we get there!" ON SHEBA AND FEMALE PILOT - Female Pilot: "I hope the Rising Star can handle this gaggle." Sheba laughs and hits the radio switch. Sheba: "Rising Star, this is Galactica Shuttle. Requesting docking clearance." Radio Voice: "Galactica Shuttle. Rising Star Approach Control. You're number one in the pattern. Cleared to dock... Port Bay. (beat) Canarius Shuttle. Take a position twenty microns astern of the Galactica shuttle. You're number two in the pattern." Sheba: "You got a fix on the Canarius?" Female pilot: "On the scanner... closing astern." Then we cut to Chameleon on the Canarius shuttle.
- On the scanner on Chameleon's shuttle, we first see two IFB broadcasters Zed and Zara. Zed: "It's been nearly three sectons since our patrols have made any Cylon contact, and while there has been no official word from the Galactica, sources close to Commander Adama indicate that he is cautiously optimistic that we have eluded Cylon pursuit in this star quadrant." Zara: "Reports that the Galactica is granting furlons to some of her squadrons would seem to support that. (turns and smiles) Good news for a change, Zed." Zed: "It would seem so. Stay tuned after this message for Zara's closing feature on 'The Warrior of the Centare.'" Siress Blassie smiles at Chameleon. Siress Blassie: "It's so nice to know we're rid of those nasty Cylons for a while." (After a beat...) Chameleon: "Pardon?" Siress Blassie: "I said, it's nice to be rid of those nasty Cylons. Why, they nearly shot down the Crucible... that's my billeting vessel. Imagine coming after a senior vessel! No one on board is under sixty yahrens." Chameleon: (with a smile) "Excepting you, of course." Siress Blassie lights up, obviously flattered.
- After Chameleon cons the crewman into letting him avoid paying, there is a scene on the Rising Star Astral Lounge - Entrance Hatch. The Maitre d' (same man that served Starbuck and Cassiopea in the Long Patrol) is standng next to the hatch with a computer (like that used by the crewman on the Canarius). The hatch opens, revealing Apollo, Starbuck, and the rest of the pilots on furlon. Maitre D': (eyes widening in surprise) "Ah... welcome to the Rising Star. (beat) Exactly how many are in your party?" Apollo deposits a marker in the computer and the green light comes on and begins to flash a number of times. Apollo: (smiles) "Twenty-three... all on furlon." Maitre D': (trying to count the flashes) "Twenty-three! Ah... one... two... three..." Starbuck: "Yah... isn't it great!" The rest of the warriors press forward after Apollo and Starbuck like Marines on their first Tiquana liberty. The Maitre d' is trying to count the flashes and the passing pilots... and losing. MOVING WITH THE PILOTS as they enter the Astral Lounge. It's packed with the civilians from other ships and from the fun they're having, the lack of recent Cylon contact seems to have lifted everyone's spirits.
- After Starbuck proposes some gambling, there is another scene at the entrance hatch with the Maitre d'. The green light is still flashing as he tries to keep count on all the pilots who have already disappeared into the room. The green light finally stops and the Maitre d' sighs. The hatch opens and civilians from the Canarius begin entering, each dropping their marker into the computer. In the middle of the group we see Chameleon and Siress Blassie. She has obviously latched onto him. As they reach the Maitre d', Chameleon reaches into his jacket and a look of dismay crosses his face. He quickly steps back, letting the others pass. Siress Blassie moves to him. CLOSE ON CHAMELEON AND SIRESS BLASSIE. Chameleon: "You go ahead. I'll join you in a centon." Siress Blassie: "What's wrong?" Chameleon: "I'm afraid I've misplaced my wallet. Probably dropped it on the Canarius. (smiles) Silly thing to do. I'll just dash back and retrieve it." Siress Blassie: "Mister Chameleon, I'm sure the Canarius has launched again." Chameleon looks concerned but shrugs it off and smiles. Chameleon: "Go on and enjoy yourself. Don't give me another thought... I'll be fine." Siress Blassie: "I'll do no such thing!" She digs into her purse and begins to come up with markers, cubits... all sorts of currency. Siress Blassie: "I have plenty of markers and cubits... even some Orion checks. (offers them) You just take some." Chameleon looks stunned.
- Chameleon's first words to Starbuck at the gambling table are: "You seem to be very lucky, Lieutenant." Starbuck: "Luck has nothing to do with it, although I can't convince my buddy of that."
- After it is brought up that Chameleon could be Starbuck's father and Chameleon says, "Yes. We would be foolish to get our hopes up", Starbuck says, "Always cautious." Apollo: "Starbuck... I know you. I don't want to see you hurt." Starbuck: "Hey... I realize the odds are slim. My real father's probably dead... (beat) But... what if he's not? (turns to Chameleon) What if you're him? We have the same color eyes... did you notice that?" Chameleon: "Yes." Starbuck: (picking up steam) "And the system. We came up with the same pyramid system. I love to wager and you were a professional!" Apollo: "Starbuck... you're doing it!" Starbuck: (turns quickly) "Apollo! This man could be my father!"
- After Starbuck says "What are we waiting for... let's go!", Apollo says, "I'll order up the shuttle while you two finish your drinks." Apollo stands, shakes his head with a smile, then works his way through the crowd towards the hatch. We hold on the table. Starbuck: "Where do we begin?" Chameleon: "How about with your birth... or rather... my son's birth. The third phase of Virgo... in 7318." Starbuck: (feigns frown) "I hoped I'd be younger." They both laugh and we pull back from the table as Chameleon goes on with Starbuck listening intently. SCANNER SCREEN - ON ADAMA - Adama: (pleased) This is incredible news. I couldn't be happier. I'll have Cassiopea set up the tests and send the shuttle at once." GLASS BOOTH ON ASTRAL LOUNGE - ON APOLLO AND SCREEN - Boomer is waiting outside the booth, and behind him the crowd is dancing to a moving beat. But the insulation is so complete we can't hear a thing outside the booth. Apollo: (touch worried) "We'll be waiting." Adama: (picking up on it) "What's troubling you, son?" Apollo: "Starbuck is already acting as if Chameleon is his father. Chances are he's not and I'm afraid he's setting himself up for a terrible disappointment." Adama: "Perhaps he is. But we can't change how he feels. (beat) And this Chameleon may just be his father. You even said there are many physical and personality similarities." Apollo: (smiles) "You're right. Perhaps I'm being too cautious. But if I am, it's something I inherited from you." Adama: (laughs) "Apollo... you can't blame your mother and I for everything you do. See you soon, son." The monitor blinks off.
Murder On The Rising Star
From the original script:
- During the triad game, after the announcer Zed says "The official caught that one. Ortega didn't even try to hide it", Boomer answers, "There's no excuse for that, Zed. It's totally uncalled for."
- After Apollo says, "And we'll get out of this one, too. I promise.": Starbuck nods. Boomer: "Just take it easy. Keep your finger off the boosters and laser button... (realizes what he said) Hey... you know what I mean." Starbuck: (touch of the old grin) "Yeah." They each grip hands for a beat, then Apollo and Boomer exit. We move in on Starbuck as the two security guards step up beside him. The grin fades.
- When Guard #1 walks into Starbuck's cell to check on the inoperative scanner, Starbuck says, "I've never seen equipment this bad. It must've been made by Krelps..." (The script has a key which defines Krelps as "the dumbest people in universe")
- After Starbuck escapes, we go to a scene: FADE IN GALACTICA - ESTABLISHING SHOT - CLOSE ON ADAMA - HIS QUARTERS - He is furious. As he speaks, we pull back to see Solon sitting across the desk from him... calmly listening. Adama: (angry) "I will not have this case tried on an Inter Fleet Broadcast... or have my impartiality challenged on Inter Fleet Broadcast! (beat) I quite frankly thought you were above such tactics." Solon: (calmly) "Adama. If you noticed, I did not present any of the evidence that I have against the defendant on that interview. In fact, I once again stated my willingness to accept a plea of self-defense." Adama: (still angry) "But you did challenge my impartiality before the entire fleet." Solon: (softly) "Yes. And I regret having to resort to that... but I felt it was the only way. Only you can remove yourself from the Tribunal and I seriously doubt you would have even considered it if I hadn't made a public statement first." Adama: (calmer) "You underestimate me, Sire Solon." Solon: "Perhaps. But despite your brilliant leadership in these terrible times... you are still only a man... as your anger at the moment shows." For a beat, the two men stare at each other, Adama realizing just how brilliant Solon is with this approach. It does have him questioning himself, if only for the moment. Solon: "The man is guilty, Adama. (beat) It is my job to see that he is punished and not permitted to evade justice because he happens to be very close to the most powerful man in our fleet."
- ANGLE ON THE HATCH as Apollo and Boomer enter. Apollo sees Solon and stops short. Solon: "Counselor." Apollo: (nods; then to Adama) "Commander, may we speak to you in private?" Solon: (rising) "I was just leaving. (to Adama) May I have your decision, sir?" Adama stares at Solon. Before he can answer, Tigh's face appears on the scanner beside the door. Tigh: "Commander! Starbuck has broken out of the brig. He overpowered two guards and took their lasers." Adama: "You know the procedure." Tigh: "Sir... Procedure is to shoot to kill if he offers resistance." Adama: "Colonel, I am aware of that." Tigh: (slowly) "Yes, sir." The scanner flicks off. ANOTHER ANGLE - Apollo can't believe what he heard. Apollo: "Father, you're talking about Starbuck!" Adama: "I'm talking about an armed escaped prisoner... who happens to be Starbuck." Apollo and Adama lock eyes for a beat. CLOSE ON APOLLO AND BOOMER - Apollo: (whisper) "He'll head for a viper. I'll take Alpha launch bay. You take Beta." Boomer: "Gotcha." They both race out. BACK ON SOLON AND ADAMA. Adama: "You wanted my answer, Solon." Solon: "It won't be necessary, sir. I withdraw my objection. (beat) But this escape should erase any doubt in your mind as to Starbuck's guilt." Adama: "Opposer... don't ever try to influence an impartial man." Solon stares at him a beat, then smiles slightly and leaves. We move in close on Adama, the pain of the decision heavily upon him.
- After Solon questions Cassiopea at the Tribunal and says "If the tribunal pleases, that concludes the opposition", Adama says, "The witness is excused." Cassiopea leaves the witness box and returns to her seat next to Sheba. Adama: "The opposition will now summarize." Solon: "As the tribunal orders. The laseronics test proves that Ortega was killed with Starbuck's laser. As the deposition clearly stated, Starbuck was seen running from the scene. All this, as the IFB tapes show, after attacking Ortega on the triad court. The testimony of the last witness speaks for itself. Starbuck had the motive, the opportunity, and the means. There can be no doubt in anyone's judgment that Starbuck killed Ortega. As the whole human race finds itself on the verge of extinction by the Cylons, I find it particularly heinous that one human being would kill another for any reason. The opposition demands maximum sentence... to be confined until natural death aboard the prison barge."
- When Boomer says their defense is on Alpha channel, Solon says, "I protest. Even considering the protector's inexperience, this is becoming a mockery of our tribunal system."
- In an alternate scene from a slightly earlier script, on the triad court, Cassiopea says, (slightly embarrassed) "I'm serious. (beat) One of these days Ortega could really hurt him." Athena: "Starbuck can handle himself." Cassiopea: "I know... but Ortega really looks like he's out to get him." Sheba: "Ortega's always out to get someone. At the moment, it's Starbuck, because Starbuck can beat him."
- Another alternate scene: CORRIDOR ON RISING STAR - Three men in civilian clothes, relating to their occupations, Elias, Chella, and Pallon, are moving down the corridor, as we hear the muffled crowd noises from the game in the distance. There is a sudden roar. Elias: "Sounds like the game isn't over yet." Chella: "We'll catch the last few centons. I wagered ten cubits on it." Pallon: "On Ortega's team?" Chella: "Hardly!" As they are about to turn into an intersecting corridor, they are almost bumped into by Starbuck who comes running around the corner. They stop as he sidesteps them and rushes past. Chella: "Hey! That was Starbuck. He's supposed to be playing. I have my cubits on him." After Starbuck meets with Cassiopea in the docking lounge, we go to another scene in CORRIDOR OUTSIDE THE LOCKER ROOMS - Elias, Chella, and Pallon come down the corridor, pass the door to Starbuck's locker room. As they approach Ortega's locker room door - Chella: "Without Starbuck in there, I'm bound to lose." Elias: "If you didn't wager, you wouldn't have to worry about it." Pallon stops them, points. Pallon: "Good Lord!" THEIR POINT OF VIEW - Ortega's arm is protruding from the partially open doorway.
- Another alternate scene: In the launch bay, Apollo is standing on Starbuck's viper and Starbuck has lowered the canopy. They have to shout to be heard through the canopy. Starbuck: "Apollo... I'm launching." Apollo: "Then I guess I'm going down that tube with you." For a beat the two men stare at each other through the canopy. Then Starbuck flips on all three engine switches. Apollo doesn't move. CLOSE ON STARBUCK'S HAND as his thumb raises and hangs just above the "launch" button. CLOSE ON APOLLO holding his position, eyes locked on Starbuck. CLOSE ON STARBUCK as a thin trickle of sweat rolls down his forehead. He turns from Apollo and gazes straight down the launch tube. We hold for a long beat, then: ANGLE ON BOTH as the canopy raises slowly up. Apollo lets out a long sigh. Starbuck slowly removes his helmet. Apollo: "I thought you were going to do it." Starbuck: "I... almost did."
Greetings From Earth
From the original script:
- In the classroom, there are more educational lessons.
- Boxey: "My dad said that it would be possible for those people to kill us before we'd know what hit us if they carry the wrong bugs." Athena: "Your father said that to you?" Boxey: "Not exactly. He was arguing with Starbuck." Athena: "If you'll all please continue to read the text on your monitors... I will be right back. Boxey, will you come with me?" In a corridor outside the school bay. Apollo approches them. Athena: "Apollo, are you trying to frighten the children of the Galactica out of their wits?" Apollo: "What?" Athena: "I'm trying to reassure the children that what has happened is good. Boxey overheard you tell Starbuck that this event could kill us all." Apollo: "What I said was that we and the people in that ship share the same risk. Either could be dangerous to the other." Athena: "But we decontaminated their ship." Apollo: "The outside. What if we do kill off any viral strains or bacteria form that could hurt us? What about all the things in our own air that we take for granted and breathe safely every day? Any one of them might be as lethal as poison to the people on that ship." Boxey: "I told you..." Athena: "Then just what am I supposed to tell these children who have been promised hope of a normal existence once we find Earth?" Apollo: "The truth. That we have taken a giant step forward." Athena: "If it doesn't send us plunging off a cliff." Apollo: "If you'd like... I'll speak to your class a little later on. When we know more." Athena: "I'm not so sure."
- After Adama makes the decision to let the ship go and Apollo and Starbuck leave his quarters, Tigh says, "The council will boil you both alive." Adama: "My son may never come back. That ship could be on a phantom course set by some space pioneers a thousand yahren ago. You think I'm worried about what happens to me?" Tigh: "Then why let them go?" Adama: "Because the civilization we seek is getting close and I do not intend to destroy their first emissaries." Tigh: "You instead risk your own son." Adama: "What better sign can I give the council that I believe with all my heart that we are doing the right thing." Adama turns to the window and Tigh places a hand on his shoulder.
Experiment In Terra
From the original script:
- At the beginning, there is more dialogue between the Enforcers on the Eastern Alliance Destroyer. Krebbs: "Commandant. (Leiter moves to the console.) I have a number of radar blips astern." Leiter: "How close is Destroyer Two to us?" Lanceman: "Approximately six days, Commandant... But three and eight can reach us within two days." Krebbs: "Too long... they'll blow us out of the sky within centars." Leiter: "No, I seriously doubt it. They are far more interested in locating our base. Notify all destroyers to close in on us at star speed. We will set a little trap for them!"
- Immediately after Apollo order the squadron to spread out, we go to a scene INSIDE ADAMA'S QUARTERS - Adama sits in front of his screen. A visitor signals. Adama: Enter. (Tigh enters.) Any word?" Tigh: "Nothing. I'm getting concerned." Adama: "What lies beyond that Destroyer concerns me." Tigh: "Lunar Seven?" Adama: "Then Terra. We're sailing into a war zone." Tigh: "You think they'll risk attacking us?" Adama: "I'm afraid it's almost inevitable. That's why it's imperative we know their strength on Lunar Seven." Tigh: "Commander... It may be presumptuous of me, but..." Adama: "No... go ahead." Tigh: "What if we bypassed Lunar Seven entirely... sent the Galactica on to the mothr planet, Terra? Light speed... get there ahead of any communication from the destroyer." Adama: "And what then? How do we present ourselves? How do we find out what the true predicament of those people on that planet is? Who's in the right... who's in the wrong?" Tigh: "Surely the Alliance is in the wrong." Adama: "We've not fully heard both sides. How often is there a gray area? What if both sides of this conflict are partly wrong? What if we meddle in their affairs... or lend our superior technology to the wrong side?" Tigh: "Commander... we aren't gods. We've got to do something. We've got our own people to think of." Adama: "In any case, we can do nothing until we find out what lies ahead on Lunar Seven."
- Apollo, in his viper, hears a voice. Voice: "Viper Four... Viper Four... Do you read?" Apollo: "This is Viper Four. Is that you, Galactica?" Voice: "Please modify course to 210 and a climbing vector to intersect 0710 for intercept." Apollo: "Intercept? (beat) Intercept what?" Voice: "Captain Apollo... kindly obey instructions without random discourse." Apollo: (mimicking uppity bridge personnel) "Random discourse..." ON APOLLO'S SHIP as it turns sharply. BACK TO APOLLO. Apollo: "On course to intercept. Now where are you? My scanner's empty." Voice: "We have you on visual." Apollo: "How can you have me on visual when my scanner doesn't even show a ---" And then he is overtaken by the Ship of Lights.
- When Brenda asks Apollo where he found a phone to call her, Apollo answers, "What's a phone?" There is more to their conversation inside the car. Apollo: "No, look... Is there some place more private? I need to get my bearings." Brenda: "Charlie... I really think that medical help is..." Apollo: "I'm fine... I'm fine. I just need some time to think." Brenda: "Well, if anybody finds out I..." Apollo: "No... they mustn't... where did you get this phone call?" Brenda: "My apartment. You know that!" Apollo: "Your compartment?" Brenda: "Apartment. Charlie... Come on. You're not well." Apollo: "What's your name?" Brenda: "Amnesia." Apollo: "Amnesia... That's a pretty name. (She turns and stares at him. Up and down... her eyes coming to gaze at his laser.) I don't suppose you know anybody named John?" Brenda: "I know a lot of people named John. What's that? (beat) It looks like a gun." Apollo: (takes the gun out of its holster) "If it makes you nervous I can put it in the back." He puts it on the back seat or back window ledge. Brenda: "Why would they tell us you were presumed dead unless... (it dawns on her) You flipped out and they didn't want to tell anyone. That's it, isn't it? They've had you locked up in a mental lab and you've escaped. That accounts for the screwy clothes." Apollo: "If they contacted you at your compartment... That must be where I should go quickly. I'll try to explain everything there." Brenda: "I'm getting you some help." Apollo shakes his head... reaches back for his weapon. Apollo: "No I was hoping we could do this on a nice, cooperative basis... but if you're not willing to listen to reason..." Brenda: "Okay... okay. We'll go to my compartment... apartment."
- Inside the prison complex, Apollo sits behind a plexiglass wall. His uniform tunic is open. He leans forward on a bench as if staring at the floor in resignation, his resistance worn away. In front of the clear wall, two men converse in whispers. One is Doctor Horning. The other, dressed in a plain suit, is Mister Moore. Horning: "All vital signs are textbook. Not even a hint of ordinary fatigue. You could almost describe his condition as serene... yet, that doesn't make any sense. He was ranting on about outposts. The sounds of a man undergoing a complete breakdown." Moore: "Put him in detention until I can brief the President." Horning: "What about the Precedium? Didn't I read they were going to bestow posthumous honors on Colonel Watts tomorrow?" Moore: "Informing the Precedium of what's happened is up to the President. I'm certainly not going to go around him." Horning: "The President hasn't made up his mind what to do about him yet." Horning nods and turns back to Apollo as Moore exits. Horning walks around the glass to Apollo. Horning: "Good news, Colonel. You're in excellent condition."
- After Apollo is put in a cell, the man in the cell across from him, Stone, says: "Charlie? Charlie! Where in the hell have you been? Why are you in here?" Apollo: "Look... I..." Stone: "You can tell me, because I think I know. You found out everything, didn't you?" Apollo: "How much do you know?" Stone: "About the destruction of Paradeen. The loss of Lunars One through Eleven. It's all over, Charlie..." Apollo: "You mean to tell me that no one back here on this planet knows that all of their support planets have been destroyed by the Alliance?" Stone: "Man, they must have grabbed you and thrown you in here right out of the sky. I didn't believe it myself. The President has kept it from everyone." Apollo: "Why?" Stone: "Because he knew that the Precedium would immediately throw everything we had at the Alliance. He was afraid... afraid of all out war." Apollo: "So he let them pick off your satellites one by one. How could he keep information from your military?" Stone: "By putting us in here one by one as we tried to get word through him to the Precedium. I figured they must have grabbed you, too." Apollo: "What can we do?" Stone: "Ah, Charlie, I don't know. It would have been easy before... if we had stood up to them. If we had declared war, we could have gone after their satellites... fought the battles away from Terra. If successful, they might have sued for peace. But as we lost every outpost, the options disappeared. Now there's only one left... Destroy the Alliance here on Terra. A sneak attack." Apollo: "But their retaliation systems must be automatic. Wouldn't that trigger an immediate response that would destroy your half of the world as well as theirs?" Stone: "What do you mean 'your half'? (beat) If you haven't been in here all along, where'd you disappear to?" Apollo: "You wouldn't believe me if I told you. (beat, low) John... What is this felgercarb. Where are you... What am I supposed to do? This can't be what you had in mind..." No response... only silence... and a curious look from Stone who ultimately turns away.
- When Starbuck confronts the Terran soldiers, and the officer threatens to take him dead or alive, Starbuck asks, "What happened to my... the other visitor? The one who landed before me." Officer: "We don't have him... yet." Starbuck: "You're lying! If he wasn't captured, he'd respond to my communicator." Officer: "I'm telling you the truth. I am General Deering. If another like you had been captured, I would know it. That is not the case." Starbuck: "Then I can't go with you... And I want you to understand that we did not come here as aggressors." Officer: "Then submit to us. We will take you into the city for questioning." Starbuck: "I can't do that... But I won't hurt you, either. Just put you to sleep long enough to complete my mission." Officer: "Men..." Starbuck then stuns them all.
- Outside the detention complex, Starbuck arrives in a car. It pulls up and Starbuck climbs out. He leans back in holding his communicator. Starbuck: "This looks like the place. I appreciate your picking me up." Though a drunken haze, a Foster Brooks screws up his face and tries hard to comprehend Starbuck. Drunk: "Think nothing of it. But before you go... would you mind telling me the name of the place you're from again. I'm going to catch hell when I get home anyway... I might as well have an amuse... amuse... amuse... fascinating story." Starbuck: "Caprica." Drunk: "Caprica... Thank you. Thank you very much... Nighty night..." He speeds off.
- When Starbuck leaves John and heads towards the detention complex, John says some dialogue that was obviously changed. "I know it isn't our way, but I have to work with what I've got. A primitive. If it were up to me I'd let them go ahead and destroy each other. I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I guess in a way they are kind of... cute."
- When Apollo tells Stone and Maxwell about the imminent Eastern Alliance attack, John says, "Blabbermouth..." He evaporates, leaving Maxwell and Stone appearing less than confident. Stone: "How could you know that unless you work for them?" Maxwell: "If he did, he wouldn't be warning us, and if this were the night they were planning their final strike... the timing would be perfect. Obviously, they know the President is on the edge... that he can't contain the news of what's happened much longer." Stone: "Why don't we just throw everything we have at them right now... tonight... on our own... and the hell with it." Apollo: "You can't do that, Stoney. That's why you're a democracy. That's what separates you from the Eastern Alliance." Maxwell: "He's right. I suggest we go over what we're going to tell the Alliance to buy some time for these men to help us."
- There is more to Starbuck and Brenda's conversation inside the car. Brenda: "I don't know what to believe... and what's so odd about that? You don't even believe in Charlie Watts." Starbuck: (suddenly) "There... stop!" She slams on the brakes. OUTSIDE THE CAR in the beams of the multiple headlights, Starbuck jumps out of the car and heads for a landmark. Brenda follows behind him. Starbuck: "Here... I remember this sign." ON SIGN - Starbuck: "Quick, back in the car and drive over that way." Brenda: "That's pure desert. you expect me to drive my new car across that stuff?" Starbuck: "Brenda... You aren't going to have any car at all if we don't get to my ship."
- There is more to Apollo's speech to the Precedium. Apollo: "Freedom cannot be negotiated. It is rarely given. It is usually won at great cost and sacrifice. Once lost... the price for regaining it will be ever higher. I come from a people who believed that the opposite of war was peace. We learned the hard way that the opposite of war is more often slavery.. and that strength... strength alone can suport freedom."
- When Maxwell tells Apollo that there is so much he could teach them, Apollo answers: "For now, our presence can bring you a greater danger than the Alliance. We'll be back... when the time is right."
Take The Celestra
From the original script:
- After Adama says to Kronus, "You burned that into my brain when I was your aid", Charka steps up to the two men. Charka: "Excuse me, Commander. Your pilot is here. The shuttle is ready whenever you are." Kronus: "We'll leave shortly, Charka." Then we see Starbuck, Apollo, and Boomer. Boomer: (chuckling) "I though Tigh was going to blast right out of his boots!" Apollo: "Well, breaking formation isn't exactly part of the military code." Starbuck: "A centon sooner and I might've caught her." His eyes widen as he spots something. HIS POINT OF VIEW - Aurora standing near the door. Starbuck: (o.s.) "There she is!" As Starbuck hurriedly pushes through the crowd, Apollo and Boomer share a look. Boomer: "Well, I'll be! It is Aurora!" Apollo: "Yeah. Let's not interrupt."
- After Starbuck walks away from Cassiopea to go after Aurora, Sheba joins Cassiopea as Starbuck stops after a few steps. Sheba: "I couldn't help noticing. Did you interrupt something?" Cassiopea: "Yeah. I guess I did."
- On the Galactica bridge, after Starbuck says to Apollo, "I guess I thought you'd try to talk me out of it", Apollo answers "No. You wanna go, go. I just want to know why." Starbuck: "I have to straighten something out." Apollo: "Starbuck, why not just leave it alone?" Starbuck: (a beat; then) "Because after seeing her, I think I still care about her... a lot." Apollo: "I think maybe you and Cassiopea are getting so close, it's got you scared to death. I think maybe you're not running to Aurora... you're running away from Cassiopea." Starbuck: "Look... buddy. Aurora already did a pretty good job of kicking me in the teeth today." Apollo: "What makes you think she won't do it again?" Starbuck: "Apollo, I gotta try." (beat; brightens) "She's not mad at you. You could get her to listen."
- After Apollo tells Tigh that both he and Starbuck are going to the Celestra for a maintenance scan, Tigh asks, "What's wrong with your viper!?" Apollo: "Same thing as Starbuck's." As they move away, Tigh looks after them, puzzled. Starbuck: "Thanks, buddy." Apollo: "I hope it works out." Starbuck: "It will... Aurora's really a very gentle and forgiving person."
- After Starbuck and Apollo close the canopies of their vipers so they can launch: ANGLE - SHEBA'S VIPER As Cassiopea moves past. Sheba: "You aren't going to just let him go?" Cassiopea: "I can't stop him." Sheba: "But you know he's going over there to see her. Don't you care?" Cassiopea: "I didn't say that. I said I can't stop him." Sheba smiles gently at Cassiopea in understanding as Cassiopea moves to exit.
- On the shuttle, after Kronus says, "Exactly what I was thinking, Captain. Lock in on her ion trail and come up her exhaust", Apollo answers "We're going back, but not that way." Kronus: "Are you disobeying a direct order!?" Apollo: "With all due respect, sir, I'm piloting, so I'm in charge." Kronus: "Captain!" For a long beat, Kronus and Apollo lock eyes, then - Apollo: "Commander, your suggestion would work if..."
The Hand of God
From the original script:
- When Sheba kisses Apollo inside the Cylon raider, after a moment, he kisses her back.
- After Starbuck, Apollo and Boomer clasp hands in the pilots' quarters, Starbuck and Apollo head for the landing bay to meet Baltar. After getting on the lift, Starbuck says, "You know, everyone wishing us luck is making me nervous." Apollo: "Yeah, I know what you mean. (looks around) I kind of hoped I'd see Sheba again before we launched." Starbuck: (smiles) "Did you?" Apollo: (looks at him) "What are you smiling at?" (The lift touches the base and they step off. We move with them.) Starbuck: (laughing) "Sometimes, you're funny, buddy."
- At the very end in the Celestial dome, as Apollo climbs down from the chair, he slips and Starbuck catches him. Starbuck says, "You're the only guy I know who would fall out of the hand of God."