Difference between revisions of "Battlestar Wiki talk:Future of the wiki"
m (moved Talk:BSG Wiki to Battlestar Wiki talk:Future of the wiki: This does not belong in mainspace.)
Revision as of 08:46, 20 February 2016
This Page is for general discussions of this Wiki
Who is the person, responsible for maintenance? It seems that all senior-officers of the BSG are inactive. Shane, Joe, aso... Joe is not responding on mails and other contact metohdes.
- French wiki unavailable
- German wiki unavailable
- Strange "SQL" Errors on the german wiki
If none of the Battlestar Wiki senior chiefs are available, maybe contacting someone outside would be helpful: "Paul Gu" and "pair Networks" are listed at the very bottom of each page. Maybe if one or both of them are still active and understand the situation, they can intervene. -- BlueResistance 23:03, 14 August 2014 (EDT)
- I tryed to contact Paul Gu right now. I hope he will give me an answer --Enabran 05:05, 15 August 2014 (EDT).
- Apologies for being AWOL, however real life has certainly taken me away from things for the last few months.
- With regards to Paul Gu, we only based our design off his work... he has nothing to do with us, at all.
- As for the technical issues, I'm really the only one left who is active on that end. I am working on revamping the site (from a technical perspective), which will be deployed under beta.battlestarwiki.org when it's ready. It will be a complete redesign, as the one we're currently using is dated... and showing its age, like the Old Girl. It will also take time to deploy, as I am a one-man team. Further updates as I have them. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 18:31, 17 August 2014 (EDT)
- Over a year has passed and nothing happened in between. Can it be so hard to repair the german "recent changes" function? I am not able to control what happens on the german wiki without that function. And I do not want to work on new edits without this function. Please do something. -- Enabran 11:04, 9 October 2015 (EDT)
What if Joe has gone too? Will that be the end of this wiki?
- I imagine it would be closed only if Joe instructs the hosting company to close it. If it's clear to Paul Gu and/or the company hosting the wiki that Joe is no longer active, and they see that it's active contributors who are requesting a transfer of ownership and not just some stranger to the wiki, I would be willing to bet that they would transfer it. There are enough references to the Battlestar Wiki on Wikipedia and other sites to argue that the site should remain up and running as a general resource. -- BlueResistance 22:59, 15 August 2014 (EDT)
- My demise has been greatly exaggerated. That said, I am just as concerned about continuity of things as you are, and will be putting out feelers to ensure that there's a sense of continuity to things... as, frankly, a lot of the continuity methods basically went out the window after the show left the air, and all of the senior chiefs have pretty much "retired" at this point.
- aaaahhhh The day I feared has come. The german Wiki is dead! I hope all german articles are saved anywhere on the Server. Hundrets of hours are gone. Please Joe do something (or at least say, that the articles are not gone) --Enabran 13:08, 26 November 2014 (EST)
- I'm just waiting as well. Unfortunately, it seems that we cannot access the main page as well. I hope that Joe is doing his best to put things right. That's a long time now, especially for the French wiki. Still waiting some good news. --LIMAFOX76 16:08, 29 November 2014 (EST)
- And the Battlestar Wiki:News/Airdates page cannot be edited now. -- BlueResistance 16:29, 30 November 2014 (EST)