Battlestar Wiki:Translation Project
This project deals with converting articles from the Battlestar Wiki into other languages.
- 1 Overview
- 2 How to Begin
- 3 Contributors
- 4 Articles Needing Translation
- 5 Language Specific Spoiler Checkpoints
- 6 Articles in Progress
- 7 Articles Translated
- 8 Templates Translated
Presently, all of the content on this wiki is in english -- American english, to be specific. We have people who view this Wiki from other countries, as far away as Europe. And likely further.
Therefore, this is a formal effort to recruit mutli-lingual contributors and organize these contributors to translate our documents in other languages.
How to Begin
For the Spanish-language Battlestar Wiki, post or begin your Spanish translated articles on the Spanish Battlestar Wiki. Do not use sub-pages any longer.
The same goes for the German Battlestar Wiki. Do not use sub-pages, create or modify articles there.
For all others, please follow the translation guide below.
For those that don't have wikis of their own
Since we don't have a setup similar to Wikipedia (where Wikipedia has individal German, Italian, and Portuguese editions of Wikipedia), here is how translated articles can be added.
To begin, create a subpage of the article you wish to translate. For instance, let's say you were going to tackle the article on The Fleet and translate it into Spanish. Here's how you would begin:
- In the search box, type in:
- The Fleet/es:La Flota
- Press "Go". Select "create this article" option.
- Begin translating the article. Once done, list the article on this page under Articles Translated.
Once there are a growing number of articles, Joe will then set up an invidiual BSG Wiki for that language. (i.e. de.battlestarwiki.org for German BSG Wiki, et al.).
Contributors to this project may be added here. Please include the languages you would be interested in translating our documents to, as well as your level of expertise in said language.
- Ivan 00:57, 12 February 2006 (GMT -3h) - Brazilian Portuguese, native language
- Infestans 18:43, 19 February 2006 (GMT -3h) - Brazilian Portuguese, native language
- Karoshi 11:22, 2 February 2006 (EST) - French, native language.
- Astfgl 02:57, 04 February 2006 (CET) - German, native German
- $traight-$hoota – native German
- sdfd native German
- LaWa native German
- rawfire native German
- Zarek Rocks 21:23, 2 February 2006 (EST) Two years of Japanese, but a little rusty. I do have people that could help me edit for grammar though so I'm onboard for that.
- Yashiko 20:34, 7 March 2006 (CST) I'm currently in my first year as a Japanese language and Linguistics major at university, but I have lived in Japan for about a year. I'm willing to try and help out where I can since my grammar isn't back to the level it was when I was living there. I'll try to help out with vocabulary in the meanwhile.
- Major Payne 23:42, 03 February 2006 (GMT -3h) - Spanish, native language
- Lindem Herz 10:08, 06 February 2006 (GMT -5h) - Spanish, native language
- Prometheus 2:16, 13 February 2006 (EST) - Spanish, native language
- Kestrel 13:16, 16 February 2006 (GMT -3h) - Spanish, native language
- Dancing Salad 00:24, 24 February 2006 (GMT +1) - Spanish, native language
- turboemmis 17:48, 11 February 2006 (CET) - Swedish, native language
- MrPeachum 19:47, 11 February 2006 (GMT -8h, PST) - Swedish, native language
- Auroriel native Turkish
More than one non-American English language
- Steelviper 09:57, 27 January 2006 (EST) - Spanish, 4 years of Spanish and a year of Latin (a long time ago)
- Talos 20:46, 31 January 2006 (EST) -German, 3 years of German plus mother is a German major and a BSG fan. Can also help a little with Russian, and others.
- LeobenConoy 20:49 02 February 2006 (TST) - Spanish, 7 years plus foreign exchange to South America (Fluent, but a bit rusty); 2 years of Japanese (some conversational ability, minimal writing/reading ability)
- People who really don't translate anything, but will help in behind-the-scenes technical tasks. Or people who promote the effort. Things like that.
- Joe Beaudoin 23:00, 13 February 2006 (EST) -- will set up new wikis as the number of documents translated increases and other BTS tasks (the Wizard of Oz, as it were)
- Shane 10:48, 5 March 2006 (CST) -- IT Specialist
Articles Needing Translation
Obviously our eventual goal is to have just about everything translated. Rather than listing every page here, this can be used to request critical pages for translators to focus on.
- Battlestar Wiki:Spoiler Policy - All languages, but particularly German (to go with the spoiler templates below), and French.
- Battlestar Wiki:Standards and Conventions - All languages (to give new contributors a common reference to work from).
Language Specific Spoiler Checkpoints
Feel free to adjust the title of this section.
This section is intended to be a handy place to keep track of how far the series has progressed in the particular languages, in order to avoid translating spoiler content over from the English side.
Articles in Progress
Articles that have begun the translation process. They could use more content translated or another eye to look at it (or both).
- Category:Babelfish - This is an experiment to expand some of the foreign language content.
- Français (French)
- Battlestar Wiki:Standards and Conventions/de:Battlestar Wiki:Standards und Konventionen
- Template:Episode List (de)
- Bastille Day/de: Meuterei auf der Astral Queen
- Act of Contrition/de:Zeichen der Reue
- You Can't Go Home Again/de:Kein Weg zurück
- Litmus/de:Das Tribunal
- Six Degrees of Separation/de:Unter Verdacht
- Flesh and Bone/de:Fleisch und Blut
- Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down/de:Ellen
- The Hand of God/de:Die Hand Gottes
- Colonial Day/de:Der Zwölferrat
- Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I/de:Kobol, Teil I
- Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II/de:Kobol, Teil II
- Scattered/de:Die verlorene Flotte
- Valley of Darkness/de:Im Tal der Finsternis
- Fragged/de:Die Gesetze des Krieges
- Resistance/de:Leben und Sterben
- The Farm/de:Die Farm
- Home, Part I/de:Heimat, Teil I
- Home, Part II/de:Heimat, Teil II
- Final Cut/de:Die Reporterin
- Flight of the Phoenix/de:Die Hoffnung lebt
- Pegasus (Episode)/de:Pegasus (Episode)
- Miniserie - (overview, backplot, questions, noteworthy dialogue and cast translated)
- Battlestar Wiki:Estándares y Convenios
- Plantilla:Characters (Character template) - almost complete but for the Characters link. Will go around it once that other page is translated. Will probably translate the page title too then.
- Bajo la Mira - (almost done, only the synopsis is left)
- Dispersos - If anyone knows how to add the Contents to the page please do, I'm having a hard time getting it to work. Gracias
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Brazilian Portuguese
List all articles that have been translated here. Also include the language that they were translated in.
- Français (French)
- 33/fr:33 minutes
- Boxey (RDM)/fr:Boxey (RDM)
- Battlestar Wiki:Standards and Conventions/fr:Battlestar Wiki:Normes et Conventions
- Armistice Officer/fr:Officier d'armistice
- Battlestar Wiki:Spoiler Policy/fr:Battlestar Wiki:Politique du Spoiler
- Armistice Station/fr:Station d'armistice
- Olympic Carrier/fr:Transporteur Olympique
- Battlestar Group/de:Kampfsterngruppe
- Original battlestar (RDM)/de:Kampfstern (RDM)
- Basestar (TOS)/de:Basisstern (TOS)
- Viper 0205/de:Viper 0205
- Colonial One/de:Colonial One
- Olympic Carrier/de:Olympic Carrier
- Ragnar Anchorage/de:Station Ragnar
- Cylon War/de:Zylonenkrieg
- Fall of the Twelve Colonies/de:Fall der Zwölf Kolonien
- Battle of Ragnar Anchorage/de:Schlacht bei der Ragnar-Anlegestelle
- Skirmish over the Red Moon/de:Scharmützel über dem Roten Mond
- Cylon detector/de:Zylonendetektor
- 日本語 (Japanese)
On English Battlestar Wiki
- Français (French)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
Individual Battlestar Wikis
- All completed templates have been successfully moved to the German Battlestar Wiki.
- All completed templates have been successfully moved over to the Spanish Battlestar Wiki.