Battlestar Wiki:Chiefs' noticeboard
- 1 Current Administrators
- 3 Podcasts
- 4 Cubit Related Images
- 5 Change the site over...
- 6 I might have screwed up
- 7 Battlestar Pegasus Site Down...Again
- 8 can someone please add YR42 to the Numerology page entry for "42"?
- 9 Season 4.0 limited release
- 10 I ask again
- 11 Songs, music, so forth [...] from Bear's Blog
- 12 Wiki Frakr in rough shape
- 13 Miniseries Night 1
- 14 Printing
- 15 Memory Alpha links
- 16 Template:Episode Date's Nielsen rating and Caprica episodes
- 17 broken link
- 18 Idea: Battlestar Wiki's Facebook directory?
- 19 War Of The Gods Part II - the cloven hoof and the novelization
This noticeboard is a location to discuss and coordinate administrative tasks for the Battlestar Wiki.
It is our hope that this place can serve as a location for administrators to coordinate their efforts on the maintenance tasks of the Wiki (it's not ALL fun and games), as well as a spot for our contributors to be able to bring things to the attention of the admins if something needs to be done. Need a protected page edited? An article or picture deleted? Admins will watchlist this page so that your request won't get lost in the shuffle.
Senior chiefs are, in Wikipedia's terminology, bureaucrats who have the ability to make other users into chiefs. They also have the ability to check user and other advance functions not under the purview of the chiefs. Currently senior chiefs are:
Chiefs are administrators who have access to move, delete and restore pages as well as blocking malicious users. The current chiefs are:
No recent reports.
Please continue the podcasts... Or else... ...how can we keep nerd talking about the series without knowing what's on Mr. Moore's evel mind? It's frakking difficult to understand Mr Moore's speech when english is not your native language. C'mon! Let the rest of the planet taste a little bit of that great series!
Cubit Related Images
I have tried from 4 different computers at 4 different locations to view the "Related Images" section towards the bottom of the page. Each time a 100 cubit note pops up for about 5 seconds and then it vanishes. After that I am unable to see any of the pics in this section. Why? Is there some special kind of trick I need to use? Please help?
- I'll look into this. On the "to-do" list. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 22:53, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
Change the site over...
Hey Joe, sorry if im being an annoyance, but I am concerned about the Battlestar Pegasus site:
"Mercer, the site is now up. However, I do have plans to change the website over, since it never really lifted off as well as I'd hoped. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 18:29, 15 September 2009 (UTC) "
I was wondering what you meant by this. I know I am one of the few users who uses it, but I have put alot of time and energy into the articles, ship files, character files, corporation files, and soon some technology files, AND my fanfiction as well. I would hate to see this go, and I am just wondering what your position on this is, and I just want to touch base with you on this.
--Mercer 23:33, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- I've yet to finalize my plans / roadmap for the website, however none of the existing content will be adversely affected. So the content is safe, and there will always be a wiki component to it. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 23:38, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
Oh, I understand now. I thought by "change the website over" you meant take it down or something, but it seems you mean to change aspects of it. If it does so happen that you wish to remove it, PLEASE contact me and let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, thanks for all of your responses and clarification on this matter...
Mercer --Mercer 02:21, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
I might have screwed up
I think I might have screwed up.
I've just posted this new page after I failed to find anything specific to this officer by searching by his call sign: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/%22Shooter%22
However, after some thought I looked again and but asked for his specific task instead. Then I found this: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Unnamed_Galactica_and_Pegasus_crew_%28RDM%29#Launch_Officer
What should I do?
- Don't worry much about it. I changed your article to redirect to the Launch Officer listing in the unnamed crew article. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 02:14, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- Ditto. Would have done the same thing. No worries no. :) Shane (talk) 04:04, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks! Jeffrabb
Battlestar Pegasus Site Down...Again
Hello again, I have noticed the Battlestar Pegasus site is down again, I was just wondering why. Any info is appreciated.
--Mercer 22:08, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
can someone please add YR42 to the Numerology page entry for "42"?
since it has been established that "last year" on Caprica was YR41 (timestamp on interview with the bomber kid) and that "this year" is YR42 (masthead on newspaper), can someone please add this to the entry for "42" on the numerology page?
here's something i just posted on my FB:
and hey, look what i found for 42! http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Numerology#42 - i knew the reference to Douglas Adams' works (42 is, of course, the meaning of life, the universe, and everything - and it just so happens that 42 in decimal is 101010 in binary - HUH!!! lol!).
[please note, i have a life-long connection to the number 111 and i just can't help but notice it jumping out at me in the binary representation of "life, the universe, and everything" - LOL!]
- Just to let you know, you are more than welcome to make the change yourself. So feel free to be bold in doing so. ;-) -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 03:50, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
Season 4.0 limited release
Can someone help me with this?
It's been so long since I bought my dvds, and unfortunately lost track of where I was in the show. I am re watching it now, only to realize I purchased some kind of tin case for season 4.0. I have not been able to find any information about this anywhere on the internet - even on the list of dvd/blu-ray releases on this wiki site. Can someone tell me what I bought? I can upload a pic if need be.
(sorry if there was a more appropriate place. I didn't know where else to post this.)
- Feel free to sign up for the Battlestar Forum and post more on this there. Definitely interested in seeing what you bought. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 14:49, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
I ask again
I think my last question several months ago was overlooked. I would like to know what is to become of the Battlestar Pegasus site. I have put weeks of my time into writing a fan fiction on that website, not including all of the ship files, corporation files and other pages I have created. I hope this site does not have to go for good, but if it does, at least allow me to retrieve my works from it.
Replies are appreciated. Thanks.
--Mercer 13:33, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- I'd need to speak to Shane, who backed up all the files and database for the website when we relocated servers. It's not been a priority to put up the website for us, because of the things that have happened these past few months. (Shane's working on a corporate project, and I'm juggling several endeavors myself—all of which pay our bills.) I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, and I understand that you spent time working on everything... but there have been more pressing matters, such as the upkeep of the Wiki, which takes precedence over BSP, as the Wiki is our flagship site. We'll let you know when things are back up. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 13:57, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, I am glad to hear it was backed up and I understand about the upkeep of the normal wiki, I just wanted to hear what was planned and make sure my work was safe at least.
Thanks for the feedback and I wish you luck. :)
--Mercer 00:32, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Songs, music, so forth [...] from Bear's Blog
Should we upload any of the mp3's listed along Bear McCreary's blog and/or create articles on any of the songs, i.e. "Was Love" in the Caprica episode "Gravedancing"? On a somewhat related (or unrelated) note, I'm surprised there isn't an article listed for the song sung by the Tucana singers from "Saga of a Star World".--DrWho42 21:50, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know if we could get away with uploading the MP3s from Bear's blog, although I have no problem with the creation of articles on any of the songs. Should the songs not warrant individual articles, we can always put them under the Arts and Literature of the Colonies or whatever article is appropriate. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 22:04, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
Wiki Frakr in rough shape
(Cannot contact the database server: Access denied for user 'db85238_mw'@'%' to database 'db85238_bsgwiki_media_mw' (internal-db.s85238.gridserver.com))
Thanks. JubalHarshaw 16:35, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, Shane and I need to get in there and find some way to change the database, since Wiki Frakr and the Battlestar Wiki are now on two separate servers. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 14:59, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
Hi--I clicked on the WikiFrakr link from the "New Caprica Detention Center" page and got sent to a malware site--one of those "your computer is infected with a virus, click here to download our bogus anti-virus" things. I removed that particular link, but wanted to let you know in case you'd want to/be able to remove those links systematically. --GreenTom 22:56, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the head's up. Wasn't aware of that. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 23:20, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
Miniseries Night 1
"The Cylons were created by the people of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol as a labor and military force. Approximately 52 years prior, the Cylons turned on their human creators and the Cylon War ensued."
Prior means before right? they couldnt turn on their creators 52 before they were created.
- Probably could be better worded, the 52 years prior line is prior to the "Zero hour" that the Minseries is set in (at least, that's how I interperated it). --Typhoeus 22:21, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
First of all, thank you so much for this great wiki.
My question is, would it be possible to include a printing script into the codes for a better printing solution?
- Hi Ergasto! Thank you for the praise, as well as your question! To answer that question, we will be rolling out a better printer script into the wiki, so that it better formats the pages. That might take a week or so, depending on my work schedule and commitments, however. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 19:44, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Fixed. The changed their link structure, apparently it coincides with their recent visual change. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 00:42, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
Template:Episode Date's Nielsen rating and Caprica episodes
I recently wrote this List of Nielsen ratings (CAP) but the Caprica episodes' Nielsen rating links to List of Nielsen ratings (TRS). Should we merge the two or what?--DrWho42 07:37, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- No. We will need to update how the infobox works. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 11:36, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
I just wanted to inform that the link to battlestarpegasus.com is broken, therefore this page should be updated. Thanks for this website, Simone
- Thanks Simone! We're going to take down the Pegasus website links, but I've been too busy to actually do anything other than work and try to have some semblance of a social life. Cheers! -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 23:01, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Idea: Battlestar Wiki's Facebook directory?
Copying an idea from Wikipedia, anyone for having a "Facebook" directory like this: Wikipedia:Facebook directory? It could encourage users whose pages are simply marked "userpage" to personalize them. Then again, we already have a Facebook presence so this could just be needlessly redundant. Thoughts?--DrWho42 14:05, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- I just see this being more of a chore for us, and distracting us from the stuff we need to be doing. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 19:18, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
War Of The Gods Part II - the cloven hoof and the novelization
Hi Folks, I was looking up the war of the gods part 2 info and i saw the info about the cloven hoof being seen by Apollo and Starbuck when they look into the crashed ship. I was always mad that we never got to see it on the show or in a deleted scene but this past summer i found the novelization of War of the Gods at a flea market and it made mention that the body that Apollo and Starbuck saw had a prehensile tail and legs that ended in cloven hooves.
Just thought I would pass it along.
Mike Furlo The Big Frak