Clean Up and Reorganization
As with the Cylons (RDM) series pages, I move to have this page content merged into the Twelve Colonies (RDM) series pages (with TOS content moved to the counterpart Twelve Colonies (TOS) article), and then delete this page. Any votes for or against this action, note here. --Spencerian 15:36, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- There's nothing here that isn't stated on either Twelve Colonies or Kobol. While the Cylons' page is "Cylons" (well, Cylons (RDM)), the page for the "humans" is the page for their culture/nation, the Twelve Colonies of Kobol. --Ricimer 15:41, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- Under no circumstances should this article be deleted or merged with any other article. The subject of the Colonials is a completely significant enough subject to merit its own page. The Colonials are more than just the sum of the Twelve Colonies and therefore have to recognized as a valid subject. -- Troyian 16:20, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- The "Colonials" by name ARE the people of the "Twelve Colonies," The information of this page should be placed in the History of the Twelve Colonies subarticle. Having this article as its own separate entity is fundementally as redundant as the disorganization that once appeared wit the various Cylon articles. I don't understand where you differentiate the people who are "Colonials" from the Colonies they occupy. I stay by my recommendation to merge this content into the appropriate subarticle of The Twelve Colonies (RDM) series, with this namespace as a redirect, unless there is another valid reason not to do so. (TOS content, of course, would be moved to the appropriate area as well). --Spencerian 16:46, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- Watch that attitude Troyian. Even I defer to consensus. While I'm on the subject, why haven't you given us any citations for that SkyOne information you gave before? This isn't earning you brownie points, as it were...--Ricimer 16:56, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- Ricimer, your use of the phrase "Watch that attitude" is inappropriate as you are not discussing the merits of what Troyian is debating, but Troyian him/herself, as well as bringing up a separate topic that is not relevant here. Please center yourself back to the matter at hand.
- After re-reading this article, I find nothing here that hasn't been mentioned in the current subarticles of the Twelve Colonies. We can parse through this article to be sure, but there's no reason for it to be here when it can be a subheading in the History of the Twelve Colonies subarticle, with TOS data to be moved. --Spencerian 17:01, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- I think what Troyian was so vehement about was the identity and the pride of the people who are from the colonies. Superman was a Kryptonion (or whatever) even though Krypton was destroyed (so he's arguing that there ought to be a Kryptonians article separate from a Krypton article). While I think I understand what he's getting at, I agree with Ricimer and Spencerian that this content belongs with the Twelve Colonies. Maybe in the future when they've found a place to live, and a few generations have passed, they MIGHT begin to stop identifying so strongly with the colonies. But for the time being both the characters and the viewers still identify the refugees very strongly with where they came from (the fact that we/they keep track of which colony people came from is an example). --Steelviper 17:08, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- Just agreeing that this article seems unnecessary. --Peter Farago 19:09, 23 January 2006 (EST)
- I concur with the above points that the article is unnecessary and should instead serve as a disambiguation to the appropriate TOS and RDM articles. -- Joe Beaudoin 19:14, 23 January 2006 (EST)
This article is now a disambig page.
I moved the poetically well-written excerpt on the TOS Colonials to the TOS Twelve Colonies article. The RDM information was redundant and was not moved. The page is now a disambig page to the appropriate Colonies article. --Spencerian 17:48, 24 January 2006 (EST)