From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
| DO NOT EDIT OR POST REPLIES TO THIS PAGE. THIS PAGE IS AN ARCHIVE. Please add new archives to Archive 9.
Just wanted to congratulate you on becoming an administrator. You deserve it, man! --BklynBruzer 23:55, 8 October 2006 (CDT)
- Gratz --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 02:31, 9 October 2006 (CDT)
Hey, Shane, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I want to put a link to the silly pages category on my user page, but whenever I try it just puts my user page into the Category rather than linking to the category. --BklynBruzer 18:09, 26 October 2006 (CDT)
See the admin noticeboard for information on an error I keep having today. --Spencerian 19:39, 3 November 2006 (EST)
Regarding the questions section
"Questions - yet again, this section is for questions -- not possible answers to questions!"
It just doesn't make any sense. A questions section without answers has no real purpose. I've seen speculative material posted over and over again at that section. Some questions are pertinent, but there are others which can be easily answered and shouldn't be there.
Hi shane, Ive got ftp access ok but the hb is a bit fubared so i cant make any changes because i cant then see what it look like on screen? --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 04:17, 20 November 2006 (CST)
- Just wondered if you had a chance to look at that yet. Theres also a few other things I need to discuss when you are free. cheers --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 06:17, 24 November 2006 (CST)
- Also, i'd like to work on the blog design if youd' like to email me those details too? I know you and Joe are really busy atm and things are moving slow but perhaps if you let a few more of us have access to things we can keep everything up to date and swish. --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 03:58, 27 November 2006 (CST)
I ran the validator on Religion and fixed all the errors that it pointed out except for the ones that were generated by the ad stuff. I thought I'd leave that to you (or Joe) since I don't know where that is stored and don't want to break the ads. --Steelviper 15:33, 8 December 2006 (CST)
The bsg monobook (white) skin is significantly different today. The "Edit" buttons are way over on the left and huge. --Steelviper 07:29, 29 December 2006 (CST)
- That's because we've upgraded to 1.9alpha. There's a new class for the edit buttons that Shane needs to add into the stylesheet. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 07:45, 29 December 2006 (CST)
- Ahhh. I switched to Bsgbook in the interim, but I've found I've grown used to the white background. I'm pleased that the site is "skin friendly" enough to be so interchangable now (as you know that wasn't always the case). Thanks for getting everything back up and running. --Steelviper 07:48, 29 December 2006 (CST)
- Fixed (after a hard refresh). Thanks Shane! --Steelviper 09:54, 29 December 2006 (CST)
Season 1 Guide
I am curious about your revert on Portal:Battlestar Galactica (RDM)/Episode Guide/Season 1 Guide - why do you want an extra header there, but nowhere else? (PS: Thanks for the welcome) --Manscher 09:27, 30 December 2006 (CST)
- Because if you are scrolling down, you might get the line mess up. I never got around to adding the header once more, because I think I just forgot where the mid-point was. lol. Shane (T - C - E) 09:32, 30 December 2006 (CST)
Got this error when trying to register...
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". MySQL returned error "1054: Unknown column 'user_newpass_time' in 'field list' (localhost)".
-- Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 10:17, 31 December 2006 (CST)
- Do'h! I know the problem! Shane (T - C - E) 23:09, 31 December 2006 (CST)
- Still getting an error when trying to sign up. Is it fixed yet? --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 03:47, 4 January 2007 (CST)
All the buttons from the "edit" page are missing... Any ideas? --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 03:05, 2 January 2007 (CST)
Hi there Shane, I am willing to contribute if we can organise Turkish Battlestar Fans, i am starting the Turkish Battlestar Wiki Project page if it's ok. --Redlinetheturk 07:22, 4 January 2007 (CST)
- Thanks for thinking of us Shane, gladly. I think we can gather support once we get started. Albeit one problem is what to follow: US airings (hence the English wiki) or the Turkish airings.. Surely its a long shot if we start translations chronologically, but lets be optimistic.. Hudd 09:52, 4 January 2007 (CST)
Hello again, Shane. I don't have any clue how to translate templates, if you can help... Redlinetheturk 14:07, 5 January 2007 (CST)
...for the Star. Very unexpected, given the size of my contributions. (I'll take it, though.) --PrePressChris 13:52, 5 January 2007 (CST)