From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
Comprehensive list of Cylon copies who have died outside of Resurrection Ship Range:
- Number Three (Fleet Copy), a.k.a. "D'Anna Biers". Did Sam Anders expose her upon joining the fleet in "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"? Or did she manage to lay low until the start of the Cylon occupation?
- Crew of the Guardian basestar and the First Hybrid during the Battle of the Guardian basestar in "Razor" (did this faction have its own resurrection ship? Were its models capable of downloading at all?)
- Ellen Tigh, poisoned by her husband in "Exodus, Part II". Did the Final Five have resurrection facilities? Were they in range of New Caprica at the time of Ellen's death?
- A Cavil copy in a leadership position (necked snapped by Three in "The Hub"). This copy may have been able to resurrect and escape in the time between his death and the Hub's destruction.
--Peter Farago 21:42, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well, my understanding of this template is that we chronicle important deaths of recurring or major characters... Otherwise, I see this template getting whacked and out of control real quickly. So, Gina definitely counts, given her recurring character status; the other various copies don't.-- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 21:48, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Sure, just trying to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks. --Peter Farago 21:49, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Did some minor tweaks here and there. I know it's not good practice on talk pages, but it's more practical in this case. --Catrope(Talk to me or e-mail me) 21:54, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Don't sweat it. --Peter Farago 22:03, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
Shaw and Belzen
How about adding Kendra Shaw and Jurgen Belzen? While not recurring, their deaths were important to the plot. Ausir 10:44, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yes to Kendra. No to Jurgen IMO. OTW 11:48, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- Shaw is not that important. Like Alastair Thorne, Shaw was important in one episode, if you look at the large scheme of things. Plus, if you're going to go that route, you may as well throw in Maya, who had multiple appearances and was the caretaker for Hera. So... only really major or recurring characters should really belong in this template. -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 12:45, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I'd say that both Kendra and Maya were more important than Mathias, who mostly just played the role of a "generic Marine". Ausir 14:45, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- I propose, as a rule of thumb, that we not allow characters on this template who only appear in one episode. Otherwise, there's an argument for the inclusion of every named redshirt pilot. --Peter Farago 15:38, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed. When the Category:Deceased Characters (RDM) is replete with entries, we can link that from this template for all those one shots. --Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 16:02, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
Should he be added? Space Lizard 18:11, 31 January 2009 (UTC)